GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A nation of liars ....

2 posters

Go down

A nation of liars .... Empty A nation of liars ....

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 pm

When I was a young lad the mother used to ask me to stick out me tongue to see if I was lying. She'd tell me if it was black I was lying. It was often black.

At every level of our society now all we see are lies, lies and more lies. Time was when you were caught out you'd hold your hands up and say 'its a fair cop guv!' - well if ya were in London. Now people just brazen it out. Even if they are caught red handed (no offence Tyronies!) they w ill try to deny it or wriggle out of it.

We see it in our courts everyday. Murderers getting away with technicalities. Cases thrown out for stupid things. People lying under oath (whats the point in an oath in 2011 anyway - most people are godless) and walking away smirking - not a shred of conscience. How many people in this country go to bed at night knowing that they have killed someone and seem to have got away with it? And they can sleep. Or have 'disappeared' a body and have no thought, compassion or feeling for those left behind. And can sleep.

Look at politics and tribunals and the likes. A lot of people are obviously lying - but they just brazen it out. Some of those caught lying have even continued to protest their innocence. Not only have they no shame or remorse - they have no sense of conscience at all. White collar criminals who have brought this country to its knees yet they continue to lie and try to hide facts - be they banks, business people or 'servants of the people'. Its all a big game and the only crime is getting caught.

Even in sport honesty and integrity are decreasing with every passing day. Fellas cheating and trying to get fellas sent off, sports people taking drugs and denying it, fellas getting paid and denying it, etc, etc.

Honesty and decency fast becoming extinct. And the more people see that it pays to be dishonest the worse it will get. The ordinary Joe Soap is up to his proverbials in mortgages and paying tax and health care and interest on loans and he sees all this dishonesty and no-one suffering for it - only Joe S himself.

Really makes you think how far this saintly isle has sunk ... and worry about how much further it will ....

Jaysus at least if you're caught - have the balls to admit it!

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

A nation of liars .... Empty Re: A nation of liars ....

Post  hipster 2 Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:18 pm

excellent post you see it all the time in everyday life , the world is on the slipperley slope money talks more than ever before human life is even more meaningless than ever before
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down