GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we a nation of moaners?

5 posters

Go down

Are we a nation of moaners? Empty Are we a nation of moaners?

Post  Larry Murphy Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm

We always seem to have something to be outraged about. Sometimes rightfully so, but other times it seems relatively small and easy-to-fix problems cause national rage.

So, GT faithful...

I, Lawrence Patrick Murphy, ask thee: Are we a nation of moaners?

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Are we a nation of moaners? Empty Re: Are we a nation of moaners?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Absolutely - begrudgers, moaners, pessimists, the lot .......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Plenty of begrudgers and whingers out there, many of them bemoaning the loss of the 2nd. Audi A4 or the 3rd. trip to the Algarve this year....Tough.....
About 40 years ago I discovered that expectations generally tend to exceed realisations and learned to live with my lot since..

It's called realism.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:09 am

Really I think we are an intelligent people .. in the main. We have a proliferation of media outlets - radio, print and TV. And we are lucky to have such opinion informing our view. So what if George H lost a couple of businesses over the years - he is still entitled to tell us what we should do - economically. As is Vincent Browne. Economists worldwide do not have a silver bullet but we are lucky enough to have the likes of art critic Fintan O Toole and a plethora of people who went to Rathmines for 3 years in a position to tell us what is going wrong - how lucky are we!
The most famous of them all came in to sort it out - and lasted a few weeks!

But internationally they are doing us a great service .......... What was that 'Stones song .........Paint it Black ??? As an English paper I'd imagine the Mail and others would be heartbroken if Eire went bust ... Think about it. Agendas, agendas. Public and national interest should be foremost in a democracy ...... but are they???
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Really I think we are an intelligent people .. in the main. We have a proliferation of media outlets - radio, print and TV. And we are lucky to have such opinion informing our view. So what if George H lost a couple of businesses over the years - he is still entitled to tell us what we should do - economically. As is Vincent Browne. Economists worldwide do not have a silver bullet but we are lucky enough to have the likes of art critic Fintan O Toole and a plethora of people who went to Rathmines for 3 years in a position to tell us what is going wrong - how lucky are we!
The most famous of them all came in to sort it out - and lasted a few weeks!

But internationally they are doing us a great service .......... What was that 'Stones song .........Paint it Black ??? As an English paper I'd imagine the Mail and others would be heartbroken if Eire went bust ... Think about it. Agendas, agendas. Public and national interest should be foremost in a democracy ...... but are they???

can anyone translate this ???????????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:49 pm

bocerty wrote:can anyone translate this ???????????

I rest my case .......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:46 pm

at the moment were a laughing stock around the globe letting crocked politicians and bankers get away with what they have done
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down