GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fermanagh in a bad place

+6
Thomas Clarke
Boxtyeater
North Side Gael
Jayo Cluxton
up.the.oak.trees
mugsys_barber
10 posters

Go down

Fermanagh in a bad place Empty Fermanagh in a bad place

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:40 pm

It seems the Fermanagh county set up is in dissaray after a further 6 players left the panel following the one point defeat to Leitrim at the weekend. The players have called into question the coaching techniques of John O'Neill and his backroom team and have highlighted the lack of medical professionals present at training sessions. Amazingly there are now none of the starting 15 against Armagh in the Ulster final of 2008 and only 3 that started against Cavan in last years championship. That is some turn around of players for any set-up.

I can remember an Irish news journalist having to eat loads of humble pie following his comments in 2004 that a dark cloud was gathering above Fermanagh under Charlie Mulgrew prior to that years championship. The swampies reached the semi-finals that year and possibly could have beaten Mayo but I don't think there will be the same silver lining in this years story and it would appear that O'Neill will be the first managerial casualty of the year without even the chance of leading his charges into a championship match. Maybe he won't be the only manager to get the heave-ho before championship time this year.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Fermanagh in a bad place Empty Re: Fermanagh in a bad place

Post  up.the.oak.trees Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Happy days roll on Celtic Park boys Smile
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Well if ya get beat by Leitrim .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:57 pm

I definitely dont see a silver lining this time, hard times ahead unless everyone sits down and works this out asap, being the son of a fermanagh man who dragged me to all their matches growing up i dont think i remember in my life time a crisis as big, the pool of players they have is small enough and they need to sort it asap.

I dont know much about john o neill but normally the bulk of fermanagh players are level headed and get on with as was showed in the mulgrew and corrigan eras when fall outs happened then also, id say o neill should go for the better of the county although at the same time he could ask why should i?
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 pm

I wonder would Mickey Moran consider throwing his "considerable experience" behind a campaign to revive Fermanagh's fortunes....

It would be a major coup for the Ernesiders to recruit such a high profile manager as Moran. Perhaps his former sidekick, Morrisson, might once again team up with him in a last throw of the dice kinda move.....
This is all subject, of course, to there being a vacancy.....

Joe Kernan's mobile number anyone....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:27 pm

They might go back for dom corrigan
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:56 pm

North Side Gael wrote:They might go back for dom corrigan

Unlikely, if they can't even afford a physio...
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:33 pm

is that factual though TC?

I know they said the lack of medical staff but i didnt hear anyone saying it was because they couldnt afford one?

Dom is local, with a good record at county and college (not sure of club) im sure if his county was in need he wouldnt turn away.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Physio Killed the Radio Star .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:40 pm

North Side Gael wrote:is that factual though TC?

I know they said the lack of medical staff but i didnt hear anyone saying it was because they couldnt afford one?

Dom is local, with a good record at county and college (not sure of club) im sure if his county was in need he wouldnt turn away.

he is also a vulture when it comes to the brown envelopes - he cost them an absolute fortune the last time and wouldn't do it for any less this time round.

Next......
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:50 pm

bocerty wrote:

he is also a vulture when it comes to the brown envelopes - he cost them an absolute fortune the last time and wouldn't do it for any less this time round.

Next......

That is what i was getting at. I've no idea if they can afford a physio, but I know that medical staff come a lot cheaper than DC.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:07 pm

It would be fair to assume that Fermangh GAA's access to financial support has diminshed considerably in the past 12 months
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:45 pm

bocerty wrote:

Next......

When he was in charge of Sligo every senior and U21 training session was held in either Tourlestrane, or in Curry, the two most southern-most clubs in the county (it suited those of us travelling from Galway for training, but inconvenienced the majority of the home-based players).

The fact that these were the furthest from Enniskillen, and his expenses deal was based in part on mileage was entirely coincidental.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:32 pm

bocerty wrote:

Next......

I never knew that myself, apologies!

Less of the cheek though boc! Smile
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Are they not getting finance from a source of large businesses, ie peter quinn and tracey concrete?

They are as stingey as the cavan ones so im sure they have some put away lol
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Looks as though this is going to drag on for another while
The Puke