GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

emigration

5 posters

Go down

emigration Empty emigration

Post  hipster 2 Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:27 pm

in the last year i have seen about 30 people i know emigrate and there is more to follow , the sad thing i hear from them is that they will never come back , will this country ever get back half normal
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

emigration Empty Re: emigration

Post  mullins Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 pm

The likes of gimps like that who got paid for his 2 minutes of footage will be no loss to this or any other country.....
Doomsayers and their followers should be deported.....We're a proud and in the main an intelligent nation, used to the ups and downs and are well capable of getting on with life. This is not the first or second downturn some of us have endured, but those of us who were reared in much more impoverished times have learned to survive will continue to survive....
The crunch comes for those who imagined that the lifestyle as enjoyed from 2000 to 2007 was par for the course are those who will suffer/complain/collapse the most/fastest....

At the commencement of the 1987 Government Mr.Haughey advised us all to "tighten our belts"....Granted he didn't tighten his, but his Finance Minister, Mr.MacSharry ensured that all relevant belts got tightened and we were then in a position to take the fullest opportunity of the "high tide that lifted all boats"....

I know all about your difficulties Bernard, NAMA and all that, but if you find fun in this form of negativity, then we're probably better off without you...
I'm aware that we may have crossed swords before, but while finding some witty clips here and there, I feel it incumbent on us all to be positive at this most difficult of times...Tomorrow is a new day and all that....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:The likes of gimps like that who got paid for his 2 minutes of footage will be no loss to this or any other country.....
Doomsayers and their followers should be deported.....We're a proud and in the main an intelligent nation, used to the ups and downs and are well capable of getting on with life. This is not the first or second downturn some of us have endured, but those of us who were reared in much more impoverished times have learned to survive will continue to survive....
The crunch comes for those who imagined that the lifestyle as enjoyed from 2000 to 2007 was par for the course are those who will suffer/complain/collapse the most/fastest....

At the commencement of the 1987 Government Mr.Haughey advised us all to "tighten our belts"....Granted he didn't tighten his, but his Finance Minister, Mr.MacSharry ensured that all relevant belts got tightened and we were then in a position to take the fullest opportunity of the "high tide that lifted all boats"....

I know all about your difficulties Bernard, NAMA and all that, but if you find fun in this form of negativity, then we're probably better off without you...
I'm aware that we may have crossed swords before, but while finding some witty clips here and there, I feel it incumbent on us all to be positive at this most difficult of times...Tomorrow is a new day and all that....

Are you drunk
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:10 am

Aren't you Bernard McNamara in real life.....You posted here about your business shrinking 50% year on year for the last 4 yrs....

The Jamacian Woodbines.... Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:13 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Aren't you Bernard McNamara in real life.....You posted here about your business shrinking 50% year on year for the last 4 yrs....

The Jamacian Woodbines.... Suspect

Actually Boxty it has collapsed since gone sine....

Laughing
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 am

That NAMA shower took the C from your keyboard as well I notice........

I'll send you upa bag of spuds Monday.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:That NAMA shower took the C from your keyboard as well I notice........

I'll send you upa bag of spuds Monday.

Golden Wonders Pleaseeee Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Well maybe the grass is not always greener on the other side. A whole family near us emigrated to sunnier climes there last autumn and recently I see them all back again now.

Mind you, that's barn geese for you ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:30 pm

It's sad about how so many people are moving away and unfortunately in the next year or two I'd say my sister will be too. It's annoying that people who didn't cause this mess at all are mainly the ones who are going to have to move away. I can't even see myself sticking around Ireland when I get my degree (if I get one haha) but I hope I'll always be able to come back. I know it's thinking very far in advance and all but I don't know if I'd want to bring my kids up anywhere else really or set down roots anywhere else.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:It's sad about how so many people are moving away and unfortunately in the next year or two I'd say my sister will be too. It's annoying that people who didn't cause this mess at all are mainly the ones who are going to have to move away. I can't even see myself sticking around Ireland when I get my degree (if I get one haha) but I hope I'll always be able to come back. I know it's thinking very far in advance and all but I don't know if I'd want to bring my kids up anywhere else really or set down roots anywhere else.

Sure you only have to emigrate to finglas-you should be ok there
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 pm

mullins wrote:
Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:It's sad about how so many people are moving away and unfortunately in the next year or two I'd say my sister will be too. It's annoying that people who didn't cause this mess at all are mainly the ones who are going to have to move away. I can't even see myself sticking around Ireland when I get my degree (if I get one haha) but I hope I'll always be able to come back. I know it's thinking very far in advance and all but I don't know if I'd want to bring my kids up anywhere else really or set down roots anywhere else.

Sure you only have to emigrate to finglas-you should be ok there

Ah yeah sure my mams convinced that's where my husband will be from. I was thinking more New York but sure it's fairly the same as Fingerlas.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:27 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero