GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emigration how has your club been hit?

5 posters

Go down

Emigration how has your club been hit? Empty Emigration how has your club been hit?

Post  gaamad1996 Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:18 am

I was talking to a few mates there yesterday from a rural club near mine and nearly half of their senior team have gone to australia or new zealand. My club hasnt been badly hit but nowadays some bufoons tend train with the team and then SHBOOM "im going to canada for the summer" not every managers dream....
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Emigration how has your club been hit? Empty Re: Emigration how has your club been hit?

Post  JimWexford Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 pm

I take it you mean there intermediate team.
HWH have lost 17 players to date.
PJ Banville home this coming week.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Emigration how has your club been hit? Empty Re: Emigration how has your club been hit?

Post  gaamad1996 Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:29 pm

JimWexford wrote:I take it you mean there intermediate team.

Good lord thats bad and yes jim sorry i have a habit of mistaking intermediate and senior Embarassed
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:53 pm

its very sad to hear that any club would lose so many young people to emigration. Not only will the clubs suffer at present but it will also have a major impact on the future generations especially if those who have left never return.

Fortunately our club hasn't suffered too bad as yet given that the majority of our players are construction workers. We too are losing 3 young lads heading to Australia at the beginning of March, I hope it doesn't influence others to pack their bags as we have put alot of work in as a small rural club going from Junior football in 2007 to senior in 2010. If we happened to lose a half a dozen first team players ultimately we would return to junior football which would be soul destroying for all of us who put the work in to get us there but judging by reports from various parts of the country the actual existence of certain small clubs will be in danger if our young people continue leaving these shores in such numbers.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:09 am

mugsys_barber wrote:

its very sad to hear that any club would lose so many young people to emigration. Not only will the clubs suffer at present but it will also have a major impact on the future generations especially if those who have left never return.

Fortunately our club hasn't suffered too bad as yet given that the majority of our players are construction workers. We too are losing 3 young lads heading to Australia at the beginning of March, I hope it doesn't influence others to pack their bags as we
have put alot of work in as a small rural club going from Junior football in 2007 to senior in 2010. If we happened to lose a half a dozen first team players ultimately we would return to junior football which would be soul destroying for all of us who put the work in to get us there but judging by reports from various parts of the country the actual existence of certain small clubs will be in danger if our young people continue leaving these shores in such numbers.

Mugsy that move to become a senior football club is incredible. it is the small rural clubs that are going to lose out obviously but we can just pray that there is no domino effect. A family that are close relations of mine have emigrated just on Thursday and it really is soul destroying and poignant knowing that it will be so long til we see them again. I for one certainly now look at emigration as a sorrowful time after experiencing it.
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:13 pm

our club has lost 3 donkeys so far to australia thanks be to God. Hopefully a few more of them will follow
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo
Number of posts : 327

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:40 pm

whiterbananas wrote:our club has lost 3 donkeys so far to australia thanks be to God. Hopefully a few more of them will follow

WB!!!!!! HES BACK LADS
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:01 pm

why, was somebody lookin for me
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:09 pm

whiterbananas wrote:why, was somebody lookin for me

No not at all but i think its a sign that a revival of gaa tipster is on the way but maybe its my naive nature
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  whiterbananas Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:13 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:

No not at all

Sad
whiterbananas
whiterbananas
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:15 pm

whiterbananas wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:

No not at all

Sad

Need a shoulder to cry on?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down