GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rooney Officially Wants To Leave

+8
Grenvile
black&white
Boxtyeater
hipster 2
OMAR
Jayo Cluxton
patrique
Larry Murphy
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rooney Officially Wants To Leave Empty Rooney Officially Wants To Leave

Post  Larry Murphy Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Well, it isn't much of a surprise but Alex Ferguson has today confirmed that Rooney wants to leave Old Trafford. Apparently, last March he was interested in signing a lifetime contract at United. Oh how things have changed!

Where will he end up? The blue half of Manchester? Shocked

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Rooney Officially Wants To Leave Empty Re: Rooney Officially Wants To Leave

Post  patrique Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Strange decision but then football is totally crazy. You can't imagine Wayne learning irregular Spanish verbs and ghe always said he wanted to remain in England. However who wants him at present.

Next summer, if Wayne pays 4.5 million to buy up the rest of his contract, any club could buy him for 5 million, and pay wayne maybe 20 on the side.

The only club who could afford him already have better forwards.............
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 pm

There is already a massive campaign underway in Manchester to keep Wayne in the city. There would be massive economic loss if he left and hole industries could be severely affected. One 'working' granny has written to City begging them to sign him. A close friend said the player would likely stay in Manchester even though he likes playing away. Whether he can sign for City will depend on United giving him the redgreen light.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:17 pm

I'd say Boxty will have a conniption the next time he logs in a sees the 3 last commented threads! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:17 pm

[quote="patrique"]Strange decision but then football is totally crazy. You can't imagine Wayne learning irregular Spanish verbs and ghe always said she wanted to remain in England.

Didn't realise Mrs Rooney had been asked for a quote

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:40 pm

money talks
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:42 pm

[quote="OMAR"]
patrique wrote:Strange decision but then football is totally crazy. You can't imagine Wayne learning irregular Spanish verbs and ghe always said she wanted to remain in England.

Didn't realise Mrs Rooney had been asked for a quote

Of I think she would be quite happy in Spain and she is the brains of that business. I quite like her, she took the media for all they were worth and came out winning. They thought they would have an easy target with a thick scouser.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:43 pm

On a serious note......City are one good striker away from being a serious side. Balotelli could be it, but Adebayor is not going to deliver and santa Cruz has been frozen out. The target was Dzeko but if Wayne is available........could be a useful purchase.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Sebastian wrote:I'd say Boxty will have a conniption the next time he logs in a sees the 3 last commented threads! Razz

Belter of a word there Seb........

Rooney Officially Wants To Leave Images18
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:54 am

Anyone hear PAddy Crerand and Ivan Yates this morning - Hilarious
Paddy was playing the "greedy agent" and leaving for money to go to small club like city" line
HE should stay with Alex and win another 40 trophies and be part of global brand etc etc etc.

Ivan asked him about losing their front line from two years ago - Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney and suggested that Fergie
might be creaking a tad/

PC lost the head - Stop talking crap - you are not Eamon Dunphy - Don't eb asking such silly poncey questions etc etc and then hung up.

This MU blinkerism is becoming widespread
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:07 am

Are you sure it was Paddy Crerand? Sounds like it might have been JS .... Suspect
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:07 pm

patrique wrote:Strange decision but then football is totally crazy. You can't imagine Wayne learning irregular Spanish verbs and ghe always said he wanted to remain in England. However who wants him at present.

Next summer, if Wayne pays 4.5 million to buy up the rest of his contract, any club could buy him for 5 million, and pay wayne maybe 20 on the side.

Not true. The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled on the Matuzalem case between Matuzalem, Shaktar Donetsk and Real Zaragosa in May 2009 which has implications for players contemplating a "Webster" buy-out.
CAS ruled that the compensation payable is not the value of the remainder of the contract, but is assessed based on a large number of factors, including the value of the player to the club.
They awarded over €11million to Donetsk for Matuzalem, not the €2.4million remaining in his contract (salary of approx €1.2million for 2 remaining years).

If Matuzalem was worth €11m to Shaktar over two years, how much is Rooney worth to United? That would be how the buy-out valuation would be determined.

Article explaining the ruling

The full ruling is available in pdf from the CAS website. Just google Matuzalem and it's the one of the first 10 links.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Are you sure it was Paddy Crerand? Sounds like it might have been JS .... Suspect

http://media.newstalk.ie/extra/1227/popup

Grace Jones eat your heart out!

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Sir Bobby is calling the shots I'd say.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 pm

black&white wrote:
patrique wrote:Strange decision but then football is totally crazy. You can't imagine Wayne learning irregular Spanish verbs and ghe always said he wanted to remain in England. However who wants him at present.

Not true. The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled on the Matuzalem case between Matuzalem, Shaktar Donetsk and Real Zaragosa in May 2009 which has implications for players contemplating a "Webster" buy-out.
CAS ruled that the compensation payable is not the value of the remainder of the contract, but is assessed based on a large number of factors, including the value of the player to the club.
They awarded over €11million to Donetsk for Matuzalem, not the €2.4million remaining in his contract (salary of approx €1.2million for 2 remaining years).

If Matuzalem was worth €11m to Shaktar over two years, how much is Rooney worth to United? That would be how the buy-out valuation would be determined.

Article explaining the ruling

The full ruling is available in pdf from the CAS website. Just google Matuzalem and it's the one of the first 10 links.

Is Rooney playing for the club? Is he a handsome looking devil selling products for the club? Is he a teenage role model doing good for the club?

So City could get him for nowt.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:32 pm

I thought that most of the big European Clubs had agreed not to take advantage of this ruling anyways so not really relevant..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:33 pm

does he need to be good looking for someone to buy a jersey with his name on the back? I would say scoring a bag full of goals last year would sell more shirts with his name on them than just being good looking. (plenty of City jerseys with Tevez on the back would be evidence enough of that)

Mancini announced the other day at training that there will be some new faces arriving in january, Tevez told him he wanted one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:38 pm

samin10 wrote:does he need to be good looking for someone to buy a jersey with his name on the back? I would say scoring a bag full of goals last year would sell more shirts with his name on them than just being good looking. (plenty of City jerseys with Tevez on the back would be evidence enough of that)

Mancini announced the other day at training that there will be some new faces arriving in january, Tevez told him he wanted one of them.

The second most popular jersey in the MU superstore is Ryan Giggs - The biggest seller however is three times
as popular Rooney of course- (well it was up unti last weekend anyway)
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Do the chinese know that he is ugly ? - because in terms of revenue thats whats important
Maybe the Shrek thing could be a positive
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:54 pm

Did the amnesiac fans have a poster at the ground tonight? That should help to heal divisions?

And idiots at work still don't understand how football works in 2010.

"Fergie wouldn't sell him to City"

Is one of the Glazers christian name Fergus? What in the name of Allah would selling him have to do with Fergie? I suspect the people handling the 789 million debt might have a bit more sway in the matter.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Murphy Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 am

United were ***** tonight.

Saw Ozil last night and I can't help but feel he would fit into United's team perfectly. If the club wasn't debt-riddened Ferguson would have been in for him in a heartbeat after the World Cup (and possibly Sneijder as well).

It's a far cry from the days when Tevez and Rooney would cause havoc around defences and Ronaldo would score goals for fun. Where the hell are the goals going to come from? Berbatov? Maybe 10/15 a season. Hernandez? He'd be lucky to hit double figures. Owen? No. Macheda? No.

United are screwed.

Larry Murphy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

One that's the wrong side of the Shannon
Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:48 am

Larry Murphy wrote:United are screwed.

At last some good news.......Maybe the gimps doddling around of a Sunday in their Manchester geansais will finally have their jets cooled for them...

Never mind the waffle about transfers and debts Larry, stick to the good news bits...Keep up the good work lad.....

Soccerball is doomed, doomed I say.....

Rooney Officially Wants To Leave House211
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:56 am

Carrick and Park were terrible. Good to see Evra playing well again.. Smalling was nervous but did ok even if the opposition was weak. If Nani can keep improving at the rate he has he'll do well, he's been United's best player this season. They really miss the Valencia Rooney partnership though, blunt going forward.

Real got Ozil for around 13 million. United could have afforded that.. But maybe he wanted to go to Real given the players and manager they have.

They need a quality striker and 2 midfielders to keep challenging for and in the top 4.

Boxty in a few years time the young lads will be wearing City jerseys and the lads on here will be giving out that Mancini was never a good manager and walked into a club with money. The City fans will be texting everyone gloating over their victories and the rest will be praying for their downfall. Some of the cards may be replaced but like it or loathe it the house will stay up.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Boxty in a few years time the young lads will be wearing City jerseys and the lads on here will be giving out that Mancini was never a good manager and walked into a club with money. The City fans will be texting everyone gloating over their victories and the rest will be praying for their downfall. Some of the cards may be replaced but like it or loathe it the house will stay up.

Reasonable point I suppose but could you riddle me why would these youths wear Man City geansais, given that they were in the lower leagues up till recently and we have no known connection with this company?...Or could it be that these prospective clowns are merely bandwagoners who jump on.
I find it funny, when on an evening, several of these lads find their day/weekend ruined by the failure of "their" team to win...
Could this mysterious fascination be linked to the rising numbers of deaths over the weekend of many of our young males ??
Perhaps a ban on this business might arrest this spiralling crises.....

I await your views on my theory.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Boxty in a few years time the young lads will be wearing City jerseys and the lads on here will be giving out that Mancini was never a good manager and walked into a club with money. The City fans will be texting everyone gloating over their victories and the rest will be praying for their downfall. Some of the cards may be replaced but like it or loathe it the house will stay up.

Reasonable point I suppose but could you riddle me why would these youths wear Man City geansais, given that they were in the lower leagues up till recently and we have no known connection with this company?...Or could it be that these prospective clowns are merely bandwagoners who jump on.
I find it funny, when on an evening, several of these lads find their day/weekend ruined by the failure of "their" team to win...
Could this mysterious fascination be linked to the rising numbers of deaths over the weekend of many of our young males ??
Perhaps a ban on this business might arrest this spiralling crises.....

I await your views on my theory.....

If you look closely at the spread of fans Boxty you might notice that a lot of football supporters in Ireland in their mid to late 30s will support Liverpool because when they were 12 or so and starting to notice what was on TV and becoming interested in sport Liverpool were winning European Cups and had the stars. Fast forward on to the late 90's when I was a gosson and United were winning the treble and you'll find young lads in their early 20's are more likely to be United supporters. Hence why I support United.

City may well begin to succeed in the near future and youngsters will look at the papers and the TV and see City's Stars, Johnson and Silva (and Rooney?) and they'll dream of doing what they are doing. It's glamorous, can be exciting at times and is shoved down our throats by the media.
Now I'd be friends with one or two diehard United fans. They play soccer over in the West, go to United games as often as they can. The same lads have no interest in the GAA. They'd be upset if United lost and I say fair enough. Soccer is not the GAA it's not necessarily about where you come from. If the players aren't from Manchester why should the fans just be from Manchester?

Personally, when push comes to shove I don't really care too much about soccer. I enjoy having the odd bet and shouting for United and discussing or arguing on here but when they lose it has no adverse affect on my mood and when they lift trophies there's no real euphoria. I've never even been to a Premiership game. Give me Corlough v Templeport over the Manchester Derby any day.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next