GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leave the moon alone!

+2
RMDrive
Jayo Cluxton
6 posters

Go down

Leave the moon alone! Empty Leave the moon alone!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:19 am

NASA is to deliberately crash two objects into the Moon today as part of an experiment to see if there is water there.
The impacts in a crater on the lunar south pole will be visible to scientists and amateur astronomers on Earth.
Scientists hope that the impacts may confirm indications from several orbiting spacecraft that ice could be present in polar craters where temperatures are lower than -170C.
Leave the moon alone! Affraid Why??? Is there an ice shortage on earth or something? Why are they spending trillions looking for ice on the moon when the world is in financial meltdown? Whats the point? If they find ice will we see all eskimos transported to the moon - along with polar bears etc?

Why crash things into the moon? Vandalism if you ask me!

This kind of scientific stuff worries me I have to say - messing about with nature. We have another bunch of eggheads trying to unlock the secrets and answer unresolved questions about the universe. The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) will recreate conditions just after the Big Bang (the theory that a massive explosion created the universe) and may help to fill in missing knowledge. Physicists hope the experiment will help them understand what the universe is made of, what propels its expansion and predict its future. Bullsh1t! Get a real job lads. try to find a cure for cancer or Aids or something.

I have my own Big Bang theories and science doesn't even come into the equation .. Leave the moon alone! Icon_twisted . But what if these guys overcook the old Big Bang - like when you put too much flour in the bake - then what .... Leave the moon alone! Blowup - thats what!!

I tell ye now ... the last sound heard on this earth will be some boffin saying ... "Oh f**K!"
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Leave the moon alone! Empty Re: Leave the moon alone!

Post  RMDrive Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 am

The space race gave us so much JC. From Velcro to aircraft propulsion systems to pens that write in space (or pencils if you're a Russian).
It's human nature to seek to understand all that is around us. The work at Cern is absolutely facinating and who knows what breakthroughs it will lead to.
Most great scientific leaps are combinations of various technologies and knowledge. A little bit of computer know-how here, with a little bit of optics knowledge there, a little bit of physiology and a little bit of atomic structure over there and you have a device that allows blind people to see shadows again.

It's all worth while IMO.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 am

here here JC but betya watch it on nasa website @ 12.30!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:41 am

redhandman wrote:here here JC but betya watch it on nasa website @ 12.30!

Not me redhandman ...... I'd be more like Leave the moon alone! Zu-couche ...

I know what you mean RMD but give me the Sean Boylan school of medicinal advance any day ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:05 pm

Hey now RMD - I see NASA scientists are now saying that these dastardly deeds are being carried out as they are looking into whether or not humans are living on the moon!!

Oh yeah? Well there was a few very happy moon families living peacefully there - often looking across at the strange earth planet and wondering what sort of creatures may inhabit it. Unfortunately as they were watching terrestrial TV today a large space ship ploughed into their home killing everyone instantly. But the 'probe' did find ice - in the freezer' compartment of the unfortunate family's fridge.

Meanwhile on the dark side of the moon Lord Lucan rode around on Shergar desperately trying to dodge all sorts of missiles being fired at them by NASA. Not a good place to be dumping your nuclear waste really - but nobody understood the gravity of the situation .... Leave the moon alone! Alien-smiley-140
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Hey now RMD - I see NASA scientists are now saying that these dastardly deeds are being carried out as they are looking into whether or not humans are living on the moon!!

Oh yeah? Well there was a few very happy moon families living peacefully there - often looking across at the strange earth planet and wondering what sort of creatures may inhabit it. Unfortunately as they were watching terrestrial TV today a large space ship ploughed into their home killing everyone instantly. But the 'probe' did find ice - in the freezer' compartment of the unfortunate family's fridge.

Meanwhile on the dark side of the moon Lord Lucan rode around on Shergar desperately trying to dodge all sorts of missiles being fired at them by NASA. Not a good place to be dumping your nuclear waste really - but nobody understood the gravity of the situation .... Leave the moon alone! Alien-smiley-140

Just happening to be listening some pink floyd ( learning to fly) now we have those brawlers for dublin u2 sunday bloodly sunday. listening to california rock on the ole web not bad at all
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:25 pm

dont knock it Jayo they could find a few decent footballers on the moon to join the Dublin panel next year !!!!!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:14 am

Well I hope NASA are happy now. I brought the chihuahua out for a run earlier and had a good look around me. The sea was calm, the stars were twinkling, the air smelled of a lovely grassy hue and the mist descended across the land as a fleecy blanket - about to put all to sleep. And then I looked at Luna! Luna!

What have they done. Where once I watched this smiley orb of white light chat to Bear, Tutter and Ojo - was a kind and pretty old lady with two grotesque black eyes and a grimace ... a woman who was violated today. Attacked .. in the name of science - nay, progress! Her husband - the erstwhile man in the moon looked equally shaken - no doubt fearful that his other halves appaling shiners would be attributed to him!

How would you feel if you were there; shining a light on the world - much cheaper than the ESB too - and then the leader of the 'free world' - the winner of a bloody Peace Prize (Al Gore please note!) - sanctioned his boffins to ram two loads of space ships into your face to see if there was ice in your blood! To see if you had water there. So that humans may inhabit you!

So that humans - who live on a planet covered 70% by water - and where millions die from drought and other water shortage related calamities - could live there. You'd have to laugh really! Leave the moon alone! Icon_rolleyes
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:17 am

i take it they didnt solve your geothermal heating problem then Jayo??????????? Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:27 am

bocerty wrote:i take it they didnt solve your geothermal heating problem then Jayo??????????? Leave the moon alone! Icon_biggrin Leave the moon alone! Icon_biggrin

No geothermal jokes until I get it sorted .......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:14 am

Prefer Kieth Moon myself....great drummer Leave the moon alone! Icon_biggrin
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down