GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Westmeath V Donegal Mullingar 29-03-2009

4 posters

Go down

NFL Westmeath V Donegal Mullingar 29-03-2009 Empty NFL Westmeath V Donegal Mullingar 29-03-2009

Post  RMDrive Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:44 pm

11 min WM 0.01 DL 0.03
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

NFL Westmeath V Donegal Mullingar 29-03-2009 Empty Re: NFL Westmeath V Donegal Mullingar 29-03-2009

Post  johnnos bulls Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:04 pm

I see DeV was back yesterday...listening to the game on ocean fm. Pauric mc shea was fuming he got a run? How do you see the situation RM
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

NFL Westmeath V Donegal Mullingar 29-03-2009 Empty Re: NFL Westmeath V Donegal Mullingar 29-03-2009

Post  Lifford Gael Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:35 pm

To see Dev back is a very backward step as far as I'm concerned! The guy is an attention seeker pure and simple who has had more comebacks than an Australian boomerang just to make sure his name is printed in large black ink on the back pages of the local papers! He has never done it when it matters for Donegal and most certainly will not do it now! Unfortunately, the dearth of talent in our forward line at the moment has allowed him & his ego back into the panel but he will be found out again before too long!
Lifford Gael
Lifford Gael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Murt Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Lifford Gael wrote:To see Dev back is a very backward step as far as I'm concerned! The guy is an attention seeker pure and simple who has had more comebacks than an Australian boomerang just to make sure his name is printed in large black ink on the back pages of the local papers! He has never done it when it matters for Donegal and most certainly will not do it now! Unfortunately, the dearth of talent in our forward line at the moment has allowed him & his ego back into the panel but he will be found out again before too long!

Couldn't agree more about DV, even in the paper today he was saying that he was only helping out and is not really back, so he's retired again then after 20 mins or just more attention?

Think we do have some good forwards this year, Obviously Mc Fadden and Murphy but you'd also have Dara Gallagher, Leon Thompson and Stephen Griffin and by all accounts Ryan Bradley had a great game yesterday, so hopefully that's the last 20 mins we'll see of DV!
Murt
Murt
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifford Gael Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Agreed Murt! Definitely some good and up and coming talent coming through in the forwards and fair play to John Joe for blooding these guys. Just a wee bit concerned though that it may be a year or two too early for them yet. Hope I'm wrong! Didn't see that in the paper today about Devenney but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest!
Lifford Gael
Lifford Gael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 am

I've always liked deV and this crack about him just back to get his name in the papers never washed. His comments today however just seemed very insulting to the donegal set up and did seem quite egotistic.
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  Murt Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:02 am

Yea could be a year too soon for Gallagher and Griffin altite but still an option. Would love to see Leon Thompson get the finger out this year. He doesn't score enough but he's a serious ball winner and would take some watching.

You got any news on the disiplined lads? Heard Bonner is definately gone but Mc Gee, Mc Menamin and Thompson are back training but not part of the panel. Doesn't make sense to me but i guess JJ must have a method to his madness!
Murt
Murt
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Murt Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:05 am

johnnos bulls wrote:I've always liked deV and this crack about him just back to get his name in the papers never washed. His comments today however just seemed very insulting to the donegal set up and did seem quite egotistic.

Nah serious johnnos he's always been like that, it's unbelievable the amount of times he's been at this craic!
Murt
Murt
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Lifford Gael Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:13 am

Haven't heard anything since on the discipline front since Murt! Do think that John Joe has laid down the law with some of the guys which was badly needed. Remains to be seen if it will have the desired effect or whether the pull of the alehouse is just too much for some of the lads. Agree that Leon Thompson is a serious ballwinner - remember him against Cork a couple of years back in All-Ireland Quarter Final - he was our outstanding forward that day and won everything that came his way. Was starting to go well again 2 years back before breaking his leg against Limerick in the League! Fingers crossed he gets his act together as we could badly do with him in the forward line to win good ball.

Johnnos Bull - Devenney would be well known as an attention seeker - the fella does have talent but unfortunately his ego gets in the way of his football too often. If he's seeking attention this early in the season then I dread to think what he's going to be like come Championship! From what Murt says about him 'helping out' just at the moment, I think we can safely say that he's paving the way for another 'dramatic' comeback during the summer!
Lifford Gael
Lifford Gael
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down