GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Donegal V Dublin Ballyshannon 8th Mar 2009

5 posters

Go down

NFL Donegal V Dublin Ballyshannon 8th Mar 2009 Empty NFL Donegal V Dublin Ballyshannon 8th Mar 2009

Post  RMDrive Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Vital game for both teams. Dublin make 4 changes with Jayo being dropped in favour of Bonner (can't understand that; Bonner is a donkey) while Donegal have 2 massive blows with big Neil gone from midfield and the attack minded McGlynn gone from the half back line. I expect Whelan to dominate the midfield as Neil is our only real midfielder. Boyle and Bonar will struggle there.
Good to see Cass and Toye back in the mix but I'd say the two will struggle with match fitness.

Hopefully home advantage will count for something so I'll go for Donegal to win by 2 points. 2.14 to 2.12

Any of the Dubliners heading up?

Donegal Team:
1) Michael Boyle
2) Eamon Mc Gee
3) Neil Mc Gee
4) Paddy Mc Daid
5) Eoin Wade
6) Raymond Sweeeny
7) Kevin Cassidy
8 ) Ciaran Boner
9) Christy Toye
10) Brendan Boyle
11) Conall Dunne
12) Rory Kavanagh
13) Michael Murphy
14) Stephen Griffin
15) David Walsh

Dublin Team:
1) S Cluxton
2) P Andrews
3) D Bastic
4) A Hubbard
5) J Brogan
6) G Brennan
7) B Cahill
8 ) C Whelan
9) R McConnell
10) D Connolly
11) C Keaney
12) D Henry
13) B Kelly
14) K Bonner
15) B Brogan
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

NFL Donegal V Dublin Ballyshannon 8th Mar 2009 Empty Re: NFL Donegal V Dublin Ballyshannon 8th Mar 2009

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:00 pm

Leave Dublin - are you joking!!

I fancy Dublin this week - they know they need 2 points badly - so do Donegal mind you. But the Dubs by 3 - sorry lad!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

NFL Donegal V Dublin Ballyshannon 8th Mar 2009 Empty Re: NFL Donegal V Dublin Ballyshannon 8th Mar 2009

Post  RMDrive Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Leave Dublin - are you joking!!

I fancy Dublin this week - they know they need 2 points badly - so do Donegal mind you. But the Dubs by 3 - sorry lad!

Ah don't worry JC, it's a tough one to call. If it wasn't in Donegal I'd say Dublin easily but even the bookies are not leaning too far in one direction 10-11 for Donegal and 15-2 for the draw.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Good man jayo. Fact is it would be just as quick for you to come from dublin as it would be for anyone to come from inishowen.

As for the game, I can't see donegal winning. Gallagher has been donegal's best player all year and I don't know about throwin cassidy straight back into action. However Dublin were shocking last time in ballyshannon. Whether that counts for anything we'll wait and see. Would like to see kavanagh moved out to midfield for the day.
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Don't let the numbers fool you. Donegals midfield will be Boyle and Bonar ,with Toye and especially Kavanagh other options for kickouts. In fact I expect to see Donegal use Kavanagh a good bit from kick outs.
It's 234 and 6 that worry me. Like a lot of teams it seems, Donegal are struggling to find a solid FB line and our CHB role has yet to be filled well this year IMO. And I don't think Ray Sweeney is going to alter that.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm

Have an inkling for Dublin here. Their full back line was a bit of a joke the last day in Salthill but Donegal are unlikely to present as much problems for them and you would expect a bit of a kick from Dublin after losing their first two games.
Donegal on the other hand will be kicking themselves after blowing it against Mayo and seem to have lost any momentum they'd have gandered after winning the Mckenna cup.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 pm

mossbags wrote:Donegal seem to have lost any momentum they'd have gandered after winning the Mckenna cup.

Mossbags - I sincerely hope there isn't an inference here that the Donegal lads went on the lash after winning that silverware!! Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote:Donegal seem to have lost any momentum they'd have gandered after winning the Mckenna cup.

Mossbags - I sincerely hope there isn't an inference here that the Donegal lads went on the lash after winning that silverware!! Laughing

Donegal footballers on the lash??
Heaven forbid Basketball
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Bopth team wrong end of the table. Thoughts of Relegation might start and kick in, I go for Dublin by 2.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Amazed how Peader Andrews ever made it back into the Dublin team after one faithful day in 1999 where he got totally roasted by Meath's finest - Ollie Murphy.

An away game for Dublin but they would need to be taking this if they hold aspirations for an All-Ireland. Its an old enough Donegal team too I would have though (McGees, Toye, Cassidy, Kavanagh I think is old enough too).

Diarmuid Connolly a footballer for the future and full-forward is Bonner's best position. Dublin should win.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Not looking good for Dublin - only able to scrape by Donegal by a couple of points!! Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Anyone at the game. How'd donegal fare.? Heard at the leitrim game it was 0-7 0-1 at one stage. Can't understand john joe's selections.
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Loyal, Peadar Andrews retired from inter-county football in 2006 at the same time his brother Paddy was captain of the Dublin minors.

Ollie Murphy might have had a field day when Peadar was marking him but Paddy Andrews was about 10 years old at the time and probably wouldn't have done much better.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Niamh_Derry wrote:Bopth team wrong end of the table. Thoughts of Relegation might start and kick in, I go for Dublin by 2.

Well done Niamh, good prediction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down