GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Q/Fs

+9
3inarow08
mullins
Peter Solan the Great
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
OMAR
GAA-Fan
Loyal2TheRoyal
bocerty
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

All Ireland Q/Fs - Page 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Q/Fs

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 pm

You will still have far too much for a limited Down team Triona. Looking like Cork, Kerry, Kildare and Tyrone semis which would pit Cork v Tyrone in the semis again. So ye would get Kildare most likely ....... jaysus ye get a lot of luck no doubt.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:You will still have far too much for a limited Down team Triona. Looking like Cork, Kerry, Kildare and Tyrone semis which would pit Cork v Tyrone in the semis again. So ye would get Kildare most likely ....... jaysus ye get a lot of luck no doubt.

Loads of luck this year alright. Suspensions, retirements, suspensions, Aussie Rules, suspensions and more suspensions.

It's the luck of the draw.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Looks to be a fairly good draw. Happy enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:29 pm

I must say though that if we were to retain Sam, it would probably be one of the sweetest ever, if the following pans out:

Beat Down, a team we've never beaten in the Championship despite 5 attempts. Meet a nice girl from round those parts.

Draw Meath. Reverse 2001, bar the "Olé, olé" chants et al.

Tyrone in the final, peg the score back to 3-2.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:33 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:Looks to be a fairly good draw. Happy enough.

I suppose you were in a lose lose situation. Each of the teams coming from the qualifiers were better then you. No pressure i suppose much like last year against mayo when you were underdogs, i cant see a victory though to be honest but at least you got (a tainted) Leinster championship this year.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Tyrone will beat Dublin with ease and I think they will now win AI. Dublin are going to get punished with the tactics they use. Cork should go through....they aren't looking that great. Should beat Kerry if they get there....the only team I think who would beat Tyrone in the last 8 is Meath.

Last edited by GAA-Fan on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Peter Solan the Great wrote:

I suppose you were in a lose lose situation. Each of the teams coming from the qualifiers were better then you. No pressure i suppose much like last year against mayo when you were underdogs, i cant see a victory though to be honest but at least you got (a tainted) Leinster championship this year.

Least we're still in the championship.

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:46 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Tyrone will beat Dublin with ease and I think they will now win AI.

Thats impossible to predict when they havent actually played a contender yet. Kerry have in Cork. We'll find out a lot more about Tyrone when they play a non Ulster opponent. The true test for Tyrone will probaly be against Cork in the semi final

Kerry V Kildare- Kerry to win
Tyrone V Cork- Cork to win

Kerry V Cork- Cork to win
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:46 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:

Least we're still in the championship.

Well done.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:49 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Tyrone will beat Dublin with ease and I think they will now win AI. Dublin are going to get punished with the tactics they use. Cork should go through....they aren't looking that great. Should beat Kerry if they get there....the only team I think who would beat Tyrone in the last 8 is Meath.

One would hope that Mr. Gilroy will be doing his homework on Tyrone at the moment and realize that they'll have to change things up a bit from the rest of their matches this year. If Cork and Tyrone both win their respective quater finals they are set to play in the semi finals as far as I know and that could be interesting enough. I don't think there'd really too much between them. And as for us beating Tyrone? I suppose it would be much the same as in 2007, with Tyrone going in favourites. We would probably have a slight physcological advantage but they'd still be looking for revenge for 2007, or dare I say it 1996.

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Tyrone will beat Dublin with ease and I think they will now win AI. Dublin are going to get punished with the tactics they use. Cork should go through....they aren't looking that great. Should beat Kerry if they get there....the only team I think who would beat Tyrone in the last 8 is Meath.

One would hope that Mr. Gilroy will be doing his homework on Tyrone at the moment and realize that they'll have to change things up a bit from the rest of their matches this year. If Cork and Tyrone both win their respective quater finals they are set to play in the semi finals as far as I know and that could be interesting enough. I don't think there'd really too much between them. And as for us beating Tyrone? I suppose it would be much the same as in 2007, with Tyrone going in favourites. We would probably have a slight physcological advantage but they'd still be looking for revenge for 2007, or dare I say it 1996.

Thats a fairly normal course of action. When you win a quarter final you then progress to the semi final.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:02 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:

Thats a fairly normal course of action. When you win a quarter final you then progress to the semi final.

Sorry Peter, I should have said if Cork and Tyrone both win their respective finals they are set to play eachother in the semi finals as far as I know.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:02 pm

If Meath stay at full strength Tyrone won't like playing them. Tyrone have a Psychological advantage over Dublin and Kerry but don't over Meath and Cork. It will be an interesting end to a rather dull championship. Do fully expect Tyrone to win it though, taking Dublin out will give them a huge boost.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:03 pm

When are the dates and times announced guys

I'd hazzard a guess at:

Tyrone v Dublin Saturday

Roscommon V Cork
Kerry V Down Double header Sunday

Meath V Kildare - Bank Holiday Monday

Any Thoughts?
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:05 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:If Meath stay at full strength Tyrone won't like playing them. Tyrone have a Psychological advantage over Dublin and Kerry but don't over Meath and Cork. It will be an interesting end to a rather dull championship. Do fully expect Tyrone to win it though, taking Dublin out will give them a huge boost.

As I've said I wouldn't write Dublin off completely yet. And Tyrone going in as overwhelming favourites will play to their advantage. If Bernard Brogan is on form and the rest of the forwards and mid play well Tyrone will not run away with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:30 pm

For 5 years I advocated Dublin taking a "dive" in Leinster and using the back door.

The first year they are back door they are still in disarray and haven't gathered much condidence.

Still, stranger things have happened. If you work for 70 minutes, each player, you never know.

Dublin have the better individuals, Tyrone have the team.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 pm

A lot of people here dismissing Kildare. Have ye been watching the games this season?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:57 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:When are the dates and times announced guys

I'd hazzard a guess at:

Tyrone v Dublin Saturday

Roscommon V Cork

Any Thoughts?

Yep that's a possibilty or maybe the Dubs/Tyrone on the Monday - but will defo get a stand-alone and 60,000+ at it I'd imagine.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:A lot of people here dismissing Kildare. Have ye been watching the games this season?

Well I'd be hoping for them to go into the match as favourites.. I think they deserve that title anyways. It will be a tight enough match I would be thinking, with neither team running away at any point in the match. I'm a bit worried about how we're going to cope in the centre of the field. I'm confident enough in the forwards as they can't possibly perform as badly as the last day. Our backs could be our week point again but I still can't see Kildare running riot on them. They'll know that we'll have a big point to prove but they won't fear us, quite the oppisite I'd say.

Prediction:
Meath 2-08 Kildare 1-15.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Fair play to Louth who beat Kildare all ends up earlier in the C'ship. Kildare though are unrecognisable from that team. And Louth gave Meath a bit of a scare All Ireland Q/Fs - Page 2 Icon_eek . Earley and his partner Flynn playing great stuff. Doyle and Kavanagh ably assisted by Smith, Callaghan and others and a tight defence too. I know who my money will be on.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Well I wouldn't judge us based on the Louth match, that was uncharacteristically bad, even for us. It will be tight like I said but I still have some faith in our lads.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:14 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:Well I wouldn't judge us based on the Louth match, that was uncharacteristically bad, even for us. It will be tight like I said but I still have some faith in our lads.

Ye were poor enough against Offaly too and the first day against Laois was not good. You only scored 9 points against us (and 5 goals) and we were playing like drains.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:When are the dates and times announced guys

I'd hazzard a guess at:

Tyrone v Dublin Saturday

Roscommon V Cork

Any Thoughts?

Yep that's a possibilty or maybe the Dubs/Tyrone on the Monday - but will defo get a stand-alone and 60,000+ at it I'd imagine.

Can't see it being on the Monday Jayo as it isn't a bank holiday in "Our Wee Country"
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:18 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:Well I wouldn't judge us based on the Louth match, that was uncharacteristically bad, even for us. It will be tight like I said but I still have some faith in our lads.

Ye were poor enough against Offaly too and the first day against Laois was not good. You only scored 9 points against us (and 5 goals) and we were playing like drains.

Ah well we're better as underdogs anyways...

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:22 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:Ah well we're better as underdogs anyways...

You won't be underdogs though (sure you are the Leinster Champions!) so the pressure will be all on Meath ... All Ireland Q/Fs - Page 2 Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next