GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galway v Tipp

+8
clash-of-da-ash
mullins
hurlingguru
Jayo Cluxton
6inarow
SamiPremier08
Loyal2TheRoyal
mossbags
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Empty Re: Galway v Tipp

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Excellent game - could have gone either way. For Galway to be two points up at the death and to allow Tipp score three unanswered points - well. I think Tipp were slightly the better team all the way through but it was very tough on Galway. They have to be getting more out of Joe.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Ou est le Bags de Moss? I actually thought I had tipped Tipp but when I checked I had tipped Galway - godammit! And to win by the lowest margin - godammit again!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:48 pm

Brilliant game and eventually a deserved win for Tipp. Galway played well and kept in it throughout, which is quite worrying for Tipp who I thought looked to be running away with it after half time. Couple of slip ups at the back which need attention and confusing substitution of McGrath. Kelly seems to be back on top form regarding scoring frees.

Roll on Waterford Very Happy
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Odds on a repeat final this year - the Cats to romp to their 5th on the back of more Premier heartache methinks .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I'd say the bould Moss is still on his first pint .... every time he takes a sip it fills up again with tears.

Rough on Galway but when you are unjustifiably arrogant confident about your team's chances in the Championship - football and hurling (didn't even see August!) - then the letdown can be like a kick in the ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:10 pm

was a most enjoyable game of hurling end to end stuff and Galway must be gutted. Thought McIntyre spoke very well in his interview after the game very dignified and gracious in defeat I'm sure he could have seen Joanne Cantwell far enough after the game.

Tipp possibly deserved the win but only just - big question is would that performance be anywhere near good enough against the Cats?????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 pm

I thought the ref could just as easy have given a free in at the end. Extra time would've be a nice treat.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I thought the ref could just as easy have given a free in at the end. Extra time would've be a nice treat.

when he blew JC i was convinced he had given a free in
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:12 am

I thought the goalkeeper Colm Callinan had a shocker. None of them would keep it pucked out to Carlow.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:25 am

hurlingguru wrote:I thought the goalkeeper Colm Callinan had a shocker. None of them would keep it pucked out to Carlow.

Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Icon_razz Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Icon_razz Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Icon_razz Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Icon_razz Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Very disappointed. Either team could have won it. Just couldn't push on at the end when we were 2 points up. Another one point defeat is hard to take.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Being the hurling expert that I am *cough cough* I was wondering if anyone else thought that the way the ref threw the ball in at the end was a bit mad? It was on the near sideline towards the Galway goal. I can't remember if it was before or after Tipp got the winner. The 2 lads were pushing and shoving (the usual) and the ref basically threw it straight to the Tipp lad. It actually was thrown to the right of the Tipp player i.e. as far a way as possible from the Galway lad. I thought it was mad anyway.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 pm

RMDrive wrote:Being the hurling expert that I am *cough cough* I was wondering if anyone else thought that the way the ref threw the ball in at the end was a bit mad? It was on the near sideline towards the Galway goal. I can't remember if it was before or after Tipp got the winner. The 2 lads were pushing and shoving (the usual) and the ref basically threw it straight to the Tipp lad. It actually was thrown to the right of the Tipp player i.e. as far a way as possible from the Galway lad. I thought it was mad anyway.

I think that was in the lead up to the winning point, Pa Bourke had so much time he was able to jab lift it from the throw in.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Thought that myself. There also should have been more injury time as stated on The Sunday Game. Also is the match allowed end while the ball is on the 21? I remember in the Leinster Championship when we played Laois this year, we were shooting for a point when the ref blew the whistle for half time.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:59 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Thought that myself. There also should have been more injury time as stated on The Sunday Game. Also is the match allowed end while the ball is on the 21? I remember in the Leinster Championship when we played Laois this year, we were shooting for a point when the ref blew the whistle for half time.

The ref can blow whenever he wants -according to his watch showing the alotted time is up- there is nothing to say the defending team should have the ball, or that you can't blow it up on an attack
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Ref in the minor match blew for half time after Waterford were awarded a 65.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Ref for the Tipp v Galway game was a Jim from Wexford ....... Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Suspect

Last edited by Jayo Cluxton on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:10 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Ref in the minor match blew for half time after Waterford were awarded a 65.

Jayus thats not right. Was there much in it at the time?

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:32 pm

hurlingguru wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:Ref in the minor match blew for half time after Waterford were awarded a 65.

Jayus thats not right. Was there much in it at the time?

Galway were up by 7-8 at half time.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:20 am

My heart bleeds for you Moss.

I was going to point out the symmetry of this, Offaly beat Antrim in exra time, draw with Galway, who lose to Tipp by one point, who lost to Cork by ten, so obviously Antrim were going to lose by nine yesterday.

But I won't.

Instead I will say that Tipp were a tad fortunate, and I feel that if Waterford perform, they could be there in September, and no-one would have backed that at the start of the year.

Tipp still have problems to iron, can't see Cork troubling Kilkenny unless they bag about 5 goals.

But Moss, my heart still bleeds for you.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:21 pm

I'm not sure what to say about this game. I could say we were unlucky to lose by a single point in a close game but the truth is we would merely have won ourselves a stay of execution. Watching with one eye on Kilkenny during this game there were just too many holes that would have been exploited far more ruthlessly by the Cats. Same goes for Tipp too, I wish them the best but I can't see them standing up to Kilkenny this year.

It's funny but some of the mistakes at the back were shocking yet I thought Shane Kavanagh and Tony Og Regan particularly had decent games, taking some great high balls in the second half. I think our main problem was with the forwards inability to win first time ball, nine times out of ten when the puck out came down a Tipp guy won it and came away with it, I'd say that was all that separated the two teams. We seemed to hold posession better when we shortened the passes.

All up it was a great game to watch and we both went at it lights out but in the end we both have to say we're still light years off the Cats quality. It's no revalation but you live in hope that the gap is closing at the start of the year anyway.

For what it's worth I'd agree if Waterford play to their potential they'll be in the final this year with Kilkenny but good luck to all the teams left challenging that Cats.

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Moss, thanks for the post regarding the minors, nice to see a win for us at the weekend there.

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:05 pm

6inarow - good post. I have been saying this kind of thing for yonks now. But some people say I know nowt - he is from Galway.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:47 am

There were two simple truths I took from this game.
1 Tipp were the better side
2 Galway should have won.

Figure that one out.

It was as painful a loss as I've encountered,(and watching the game with a lad from Birdhill didn't help Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Icon_cry ), even as a Galway hurling supporter but what can you do. I was, and am proud of the team and the manner in which they represented the jersey this year. They give it their all and you can't ask for anymore than that.
I hope everyone enjoyed the match, Im sure I would have if Galway didn't come up just short on the the day.
Hurling is the greatest sport on the planet Galway v Tipp - Page 2 Icon_rr
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down