GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen Cluxton

4 posters

Go down

Stephen Cluxton Empty Stephen Cluxton

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Interesting tactic by Dublin telling him to take the day off.
Not sure if it quite worked out for them though.
The auld blue book doesn't look a bad read now I'd say Stephen Cluxton Icon_razz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Stephen Cluxton Empty Re: Stephen Cluxton

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Never did think he was as good as a goalkeeper as people made him out to be.

I think I am going to take back what I said about Dublin going through the qualifiers, Gilroy looked like a startled earwig again. No doubt there will be a backlas from this. Think they will get Armagh.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:08 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:I think I am going to take back what I said about Dublin going through the qualifiers, Gilroy looked like a startled earwig again. No doubt there will be a backlas from this.

You should also take back what you said about Meath going to hammer all before them - very good performance today, but to say they are going to hammer all before them (Kerry/Cork?) is getting carried away.

I also wouldn't blame Gilroy. He tried to change things, and the players and pundits and fans wouldn't let him. Today, he gave them what they wanted.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:09 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:Never did think he was as good as a goalkeeper as people made him out to be.

Thoroughly over-rated keeper in a thoroughly over-rated side. Don't Dublin have ex-keeper from Ipswich on the bench, can't think of his name right now, might be time to give the ex-pro a run.
Im not sure who to feel most disappointed for this weekend, Dublin, Mayo or England Stephen Cluxton Kopfschuettel Stephen Cluxton Icon_razz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Im not commenting or gloating over any teams that have lost over the weekend, always comes back and bites ya on the ****.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:I think I am going to take back what I said about Dublin going through the qualifiers, Gilroy looked like a startled earwig again. No doubt there will be a backlas from this.

You should also take back what you said about Meath going to hammer all before them - very good performance today, but to say they are going to hammer all before them (Kerry/Cork?) is getting carried away.

I also wouldn't blame Gilroy. He tried to change things, and the players and pundits and fans wouldn't let him. Today, he gave them what they wanted.

They have some cracking forwards, can't see anyone stopping them at all. They dont have just the one man to focus on. Don't think they will take out both Kerry and Cork but they will beat one of them. They were a pleasure to watch.

As for Gilroy...He was very lucky against Wexford. They were hammered against Kerry last year now they have been beaten with ease by Meath. He obviously dosen't have the know how or Dublin haven't got the players.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:20 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
They have some cracking forwards, can't see anyone stopping them at all. They dont have just the one man to focus on. Don't think they will take out both Kerry and Cork but they will beat one of them. They were a pleasure to watch.

As for Gilroy...He was very lucky against Wexford. They were hammered against Kerry last year now they have been beaten with ease by Meath. He obviously dosen't have the know how or Dublin haven't got the players.

Meath - good side, excellent forwards, but I think you are getting well ahead of yourself to say they are so far ahead of everyone else just yet.

Dublin - your last 5 words are correct.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:

Meath - good side, excellent forwards, but I think you are getting well ahead of yourself to say they are so far ahead of everyone else just yet.

Dublin - your last 5 words are correct.

Ah now TC this is based on what ive seen of Meath this year. They have obvioulsy progressed from last year and apart from a rather shaky start against Offaly, never watched the Laois game, todays game they were immense. However the bad thing about todays game is that Dublin allowed a lot of space to Meath and they may find it a lot more difficult against a tighter defence.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:28 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
However the bad thing about todays game is that Dublin allowed a lot of space to Meath and they may find it a lot more difficult against a tighter defence.

And that is why I think you are getting ahead of yourself. They were very good today, and O'Rourke was always going to make a big difference this year. They might yet win the all-ireland, but first let's see how they go against Kerry, Cork, Tyrone or even Monaghan. All of those are quite a bit ahead of Dublin, in my opinion.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Im still unconvinced about Tyrone. They haven't had the hardest of games this year except when they play Monaghan. They did struggle in the last quarter of the game against Antrim. Down I don't rate at all.

Cork kept up with Kerry - Kerry are not finished no matter what anyone says.

On form alone Monaghan and Meath are the teams setting the benchmark this year. Meath's backs had a good day today but that will be tested against a team with decent forwards. Even though they were afforded a lot of space they still have 6 forwards that can score.

Top 4 teams of the year so far:

Meath
Kerry
Monaghan
Cork
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I also wouldn't blame Gilroy. He tried to change things, and the players and pundits and fans wouldn't let him. Today, he gave them what they wanted.

Sorry TC - but that must go down as the worst post I've ever seen you write. Are you serious with that? Did you see the game at all?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:55 pm

In fairness to Cluxton he couldn't have done fookall about most of them goals there today. Meaths collective finishing in front of goal was unreal, as good in fact, as I believe I have seen from any team for a long long long time Stephen Cluxton Icon_eek
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:11 pm

mossbags wrote: Meaths collective finishing in front of goal was unreal, as good in fact, as I believe I have seen from any team for a long long long time Stephen Cluxton Icon_eek

True ......... they even scored more than Germany!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote: Meaths collective finishing in front of goal was unreal, as good in fact, as I believe I have seen from any team for a long long long time Stephen Cluxton Icon_eek

True ......... they even scored more than Germany!

The Meath footballers scored more against Dublin than the Kilkenny hurlers scored against Dublin.
You couldn't make it up
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:29 pm

mossbags wrote:The Meath footballers scored more against Dublin than the Kilkenny hurlers scored against Dublin.
You couldn't make it up

You just did .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote:The Meath footballers scored more against Dublin than the Kilkenny hurlers scored against Dublin.
You couldn't make it up

You just did .....

We are talking goals scored here Jayo and your right, no one would have believed me if I made it up, so I double checked the facts

Leinster GAA Hurling Senior
Championship
Semi Final

Dublin 0-12 | Kilkenny 4-19

Leinster GAA Football Senior Championship
Semi Final

Dublin 0-13 Meath 5-9
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:01 am

mossbags wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
You couldn't make it up

You just did .....

We are talking goals scored here Jayo and your right, no one would have believed me if I made it up, so I double checked the facts

Championship
Semi Final

Semi Final

Dublin 0-13 Meath 5-9

That was not clear. But enjoy the fun ... Galway looking good for the double after emphatic displays v Offaly and a resounding draw v Sligo ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:12 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
You couldn't make it up

You just did .....

Championship
Semi Final

Semi Final

Dublin 0-13 Meath 5-9

That was not clear. But enjoy the fun ... Galway looking good for the double after emphatic displays v Offaly and a resounding draw v Sligo ...

Fun? What fun?, I was merely clarifying the stats

You really couldn't make it up though...
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:18 am

No you couldn't actually. But there you go.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Has it been confirmed yet if he's produced a valid sick note for his absence yesterday, anyone know?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down