GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football All stars?

+9
beer baron
redhandman
Jayo Cluxton
Grenvile
OMAR
bocerty
Boxtyeater
Dougal
patrique
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Football All stars? - Page 2 Empty Re: Football All stars?

Post  hogan2010 Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm

From a slightly biased Mourne point of view, Marty Clarke could be in with a shout as he's peaking at the right time and another performance like that on Saturday could well cement his place. Ambrose Rodgers could be in with a shout if Down progress to the final and Mc Veigh might sniff around for a nomination in nets. But if Benny Coulter is overlooked again I'd be very surprised. He's got to be one of the best players in the country yet to recieve on!

hogan2010
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down
Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:39 pm

redhandman wrote:clarke coming home is a great story i also think he had a relative who passed. makes for a great story - the wee man form the north who headed off to play prof sports came back for the gaa and got an allstar!

Are you sure that story wasn't told last year!!!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Doyle, MacCauley, O'Gara, Shine, O'Neill and Rodgers all with a shout. I suppose they will be largely made up of who gets to the final and wins it but some players this year definately deserve one.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:39 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Doyle, MacCauley, O'Gara, Shine, O'Neill and Rodgers all with a shout. I suppose they will be largely made up of who gets to the final and wins it but some players this year definately deserve one.

Neither of these Roscommon lads will get an All-Star. David O'Gara will hardly get a nomination IMO. Shine in the frame for young player of the year tho' along with a nomination.

Doyle the front-runner from the others mentioned but still as Bertie used say "a lot done, more to do"...........
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 am

agree about Benny Coulter - would love to see him get one.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:40 am

JimWexford wrote:
redhandman wrote:clarke coming home is a great story i also think he had a relative who passed. makes for a great story - the wee man form the north who headed off to play prof sports came back for the gaa and got an allstar!

Are you sure that story wasn't told last year!!!!

yeah and if it was good enough for an allstar last year why not this?! seriously all he needs is for marty morrisey to make him cry post match and its in the bag...
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:Doyle, MacCauley, O'Gara, Shine, O'Neill and Rodgers all with a shout. I suppose they will be largely made up of who gets to the final and wins it but some players this year definately deserve one.

Neither of these Roscommon lads will get an All-Star. David O'Gara will hardly get a nomination IMO. Shine in the frame for young player of the year tho' along with a nomination.

Doyle the front-runner from the others mentioned but still as Bertie used say "a lot done, more to do"...........

O'Gara for Dublin I was referring to.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:59 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:[
O'Gara for Dublin I was referring to.

Shure' I knew that, but was on an angling trip...

3-01 in two starts isn't bad but he's very raw. Has another game or possibly two to garner a nomination which would I feel be the max for him (if he has 1 or 2 stormers.)
The full forward line looks very competetive this year, but there again, stranger things have happened.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2