GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Provincial Championship Run-down

+6
rich dublin
bocerty
GAA-Fan
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
bald eagle
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Provincial Championship Run-down - Page 3 Empty Re: Provincial Championship Run-down

Post  bald eagle Tue May 12, 2009 11:01 am

Right folks, the Big One starts this weekend with Down and Fermanagh getting us under way.

I'm sticking with Down in this one and until Fermanagh prove otherwise they will always in my eyes be a 'once every 3 years' team.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Provincial Championship Run-down - Page 3 Empty Re: Provincial Championship Run-down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2009 11:49 am

Every 4 years BE! I don't think Fermanagh will win and I actually hope they don't and that is sheerly for the way their fans performed last year v Derry, booing and the slagging I was listening to was just something else...That aside, I don't think Fermanagh have the players needed to win Ulster, last year was a fluke if nothing else and their true colours showed when they played Kildare in what can only be described as the worst match in last years championship, most soccer matches would have had a higher scoring 1st half! I'm saying Down by 2-3 points.

Back to top Go down

Post  coco83 Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 pm

i reckon its gonna be a draw with down to win the replay. down are a better team but i have a feeling they will make hard work of it on sunday and fermanagh after such a dissapointing league will be out to put in a big performance.
coco83
coco83
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

monaghan
Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue May 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Fermanagh may be no world beaters but hey neither are Down i would go as far as to say they have made little progress under Ross Carr, and thats not a dig at Ross - their defence can be non-existent at times were as Fermanagh have a fairly decent defence.

Down rely very heavily on Coulter and he isnt match fit - i happen to think Fermanagh have a better work ethic than Down and if by some chance they have found a reliable free taker since last year then they could surprise Down.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Provincial Championship Run-down - Page 3 Empty Ulater Championship

Post  bald eagle Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:42 am

And then there were four -

So, i had a look back at my original post and noticed that i've got a few wrong in my predictions. While i was correct to say Donegal were the most unpredictable side in Ireland i was massively wrong to say that they would win the Ulster Championship.

Here's my revamped rundown for the semi-finals (for what it's worth)

Derry Vs Tyrone - As i predicted!!!Injury worries for both teams before the biggest derby in Ulster Ireland, Derry have suspensions to Mullan & skipper Doherty with the latter being missed more. Kielt got walloped in a club match and is out with a broken jaw in an incedient that saw James Conway kicked off the Derry panel. Looking at that, it sure looks bleak for Derry.

Will Dooher make the game? Will Harte feel he has to risk him against a massively understrength Derry? Will it matter?

This is a game that all fans of Ulster football are looking forward to, everyone else will be hoping for a repeat of the battle of Celtic Park so they can lay the boot in further. Verdict - I never back Derry to lose, and certainly not against "them"!! It will be a tough encounter, and i'm sure this time Tyrone will score in the first half but the DC factor will be the difference in the end. A 2 point win for Derry!

Cavan Vs Antrim - In my view before this Championship, the 2 worst teams in Ulster. Clearly they both have other views on that! I correctly predicted that Cavan would appear at this stage, but definately not Antrim.

Were Cavan good against Fermanagh or were Fermanagh terrible? Were Antrim good against Donegal? Of the 2 sides i feel that Antrim played the best football against a better opposition and therefore for me go in as favourites, something they are not used to. Cavan won't be as lucky as the last time out. Verdict - A close run game but a better prepared Cavan to break Antrim hearts in a replay.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:01 am

bald eagle wrote:This is a game that all fans of Ulster football are looking forward to

Yes and I'm sure all seven of ye that are still left won't be disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:46 am

[quote="bald eagle"] everyone else will be hoping for a repeat of the battle of Celtic Park so they can lay the boot in further. [quote]

Perhaps that's the part you can relate to more Loyal

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3