GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paddy Bradley retires after next game

+8
mullins
mugsys_barber
RMDrive
Thomas Clarke
Armaghgeddon
Dougal
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
12 posters

Go down

Paddy Bradley retires after next game Empty Paddy Bradley retires after next game

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:51 pm

I see Paddy Bradley is to retire after Derry's next game.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Paddy Bradley retires after next game Empty Re: Paddy Bradley retires after next game

Post  bocerty Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:16 pm

A desperate attempt by PB to ensure Damian Cassidy gets the road once Derry's season is over - along comes his Da who not only gets the job but also convinces Paddy to play for another few years.

All very pathetic if you ask me and about as subtle as a double decker bus - a word of advice for you Paddy slide on into retirement no one would miss you that much you jumped up little b****x
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Paddy Bradley retires after next game Empty Re: Paddy Bradley retires after next game

Post  Dougal Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 pm

dont see it happening...him retiring after the next game,that is.if derry lose the next game DC will be gone and there is a chance of baker taking the job,if that happens i dont see paddy retiring.if derry win 2 or 3 games DC might just be kept on for another year,and paddy wont play for him.so i think the better derry do in the qualifiers the more chance of him retiring,and vice versa.my presumption could be way off the mark though.

and boc beats me to it. Sad
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Armaghgeddon Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Im sure he said the same thing last year.
Armaghgeddon
Armaghgeddon
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Totally agree, just the first move in getting Daddy the job next year. Being the only man able to talk Paddy out of retirement will be quite a bargaining chip for Baker. Trouble is, they might end up with a squad of only 2 players if that happens.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:33 pm

There's something Brendan-Devenney-ish about our Paddy.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:34 pm

I spoke to John Brennan recently about the possibilty of him taking the Derry job and he said that if he was ever appointed (which he thought was unlikely) that the Two Bradley's would be the first players culled from the Derry panel.

As a player PB is a bit of a one trick pony at any rate and his best years are behind him.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:39 pm

Sad to hear paddy is stepping down good player that just didn't match up to his ability.. Bocerty i think that comment is a little bit below the belt..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:46 pm

mullins wrote:Sad to hear paddy is stepping down good player that just didn't match up to his ability.. Bocerty i think that comment is a little bit below the belt..

your entitled to your opinion Mullins just like i am - and i stand over what i said in fact if i was a Derry fan i'd hope he would take the brother with him whatever day he goes.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 pm

As a Derryman loud and proud, i'm delighted to hear the news that Paddy will quit but i only wish he quit after the last game and took Eoin with him!!!

I feel it is a push to get the auld fella in the driving seat for next year and it's a very poorly veiled attempt to mask it! I for one really hope Baker doesn't get in as i just don't like the man for one and don't rate him for another. I don't all my coaching courses with him and the man isn't all that believe me!!

I'd like to thank him for his services and wish him good day. Very over-hyped player that couldn't string a run of good of performances together for the life of him and in my view worked against the interests of the team at times!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 pm

bald eagle wrote:As a Derryman loud and proud, i'm delighted to hear the news that Paddy will quit but i only wish he quit after the last game and took Eoin with him!!!

I feel it is a push to get the auld fella in the driving seat for next year and it's a very poorly veiled attempt to mask it! I for one really hope Baker doesn't get in as i just don't like the man for one and don't rate him for another. I don't all my coaching courses with him and the man isn't all that believe me!!

I'd like to thank him for his services and wish him good day. Very over-hyped player that couldn't string a run of good of performances together for the life of him and in my view worked against the interests of the team at times!

couldn't agree more BE - could talk the talk but when it came to doing it on the pitch he was found wanting more often than not. Had an interesting conversation with a guy today who had the full inside on the goings on int he Derry camp and the Bradleys are bad news - though it seems Madden may not be helping the situation with his Glenullin connections.

Heard a few home truths about Baker too, no wonder the lads are the way they are .........
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:25 am

bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:As a Derryman loud and proud, i'm delighted to hear the news that Paddy will quit but i only wish he quit after the last game and took Eoin with him!!!

couldn't agree more BE - could talk the talk but when it came to doing it on the pitch he was found wanting more often than not. Had an interesting conversation with a guy today who had the full inside on the goings on int he Derry camp and the Bradleys are bad news - though it seems Madden may not be helping the situation with his Glenullin connections.

Heard a few home truths about Baker too, no wonder the lads are the way they are .........

Heard a few things about the Bradley's myself. Dont think they are appropiate for a forum. The Derry fans that I have spoke to refuse to support Derry, maybe that's why they were out supported in the Armagh game.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:50 am

Paddy Bradly's been failed by too many ***** coaches in his time. Hard to fault him if he's doing whatever he can to get someone who might actually know what they might be doing into the Derry job.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:56 am

mossbags wrote:Paddy Bradly's been failed by too many ***** coaches in his time. Hard to fault him if he's doing whatever he can to get someone who might actually know what they might be doing into the Derry job.

whatever about the perceived lack of hurling knowledge on other threads this statement shows a distinct lack of knowledge when it comes to football and in particular all things Derry..........
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Flesh that out for us a little there please Bo
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Guys I do not think this is to get his daddy the Derry managers position, I watched an interview of him and Eoin last year and Paddy said he only has about a year or 2 left in him. To be fair to Paddy he is always riddled with injuries which I think it is best for him to leave. Reading his interview a few months ago in the Gaelic Life I remember reading that he said 'he owes Derry nothing' That can be meant in 2 ways but the way I took it was as if he is too good for Derry and the team. A lot of things goes around about the Bradleys whether they are true or not is a different kettle of fish. How comes people from different counties hear all the craic about whats happening with who when I dont hear anything, Anyone care to fill me in via PM??? I'll pay ya Cool
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:21 pm

mossbags wrote:Flesh that out for us a little there please Bo

well you cant blame all the managers for Bradleys shortcomings - he might be a decent footballer but he is an arrogant lad who thinks the Derry team revolve around him. Managers are there to manage not massage Paddys ego everytime he feels like it - i reckon Derry would be better off without him and i know the majority of Derry people feel the same. Granted Bradley is not the only problem in the Derry camp but he always seems to be involved somewhere when things are frosty in the camp.

As for the father knowing what he was doing i would have severe reservations about that, take Niall Conway out of the equation and i think Antrim would have made little or no progress under Baker, the credit is going to the wrong man. Even the Antrim lads have seen a different side to Baker this year.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:36 pm

bocerty wrote:
mossbags wrote:Flesh that out for us a little there please Bo

well you cant blame all the managers for Bradleys shortcomings - he might be a decent footballer but he is an arrogant lad who thinks the Derry team revolve around him. Managers are there to manage not massage Paddys ego everytime he feels like it - i reckon Derry would be better off without him and i know the majority of Derry people feel the same. Granted Bradley is not the only problem in the Derry camp but he always seems to be involved somewhere when things are frosty in the camp.

As for the father knowing what he was doing i would have severe reservations about that, take Niall Conway out of the equation and i think Antrim would have made little or no progress under Baker, the credit is going to the wrong man. Even the Antrim lads have seen a different side to Baker this year.

Very well put Boc, Nial Conway is the best young coach in Ireland at the minute and Baker almost shat himself to make sure he had him there on board with him! All you have to do is look at his record in the management and coaching game to date and then look at his age! Just turned 31 and to have achieved all that is something else! Make no mistake, Conway IS the reason Antrim are doing well, not Baker! If Cassidy does leave after the summer, and i hope he doesn't, then Conway and Brennan are the partnership i want to see take his place!

I've been saying for years that Derry would do better without either of the Bradleys, but more specifically Paddy! The man should be subbed if he misses his first shot at goal! The 2 of them are trouble on and off the pitch and i would class them (as people) just below whales dung!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Have they got a while bad personality? I hear they are while for the huffing. Eoin seemed dead on when I met him last year at my club.
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 pm

up.the.oak.trees wrote:Have they got a while bad personality? I hear they are while for the huffing.

Well they are from Derry ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
up.the.oak.trees wrote:Have they got a while bad personality? I hear they are while for the huffing.

Well they are from Derry ....

Ye cheeky wee thing, I have a great personality thank you every much Surprised
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:58 pm

up.the.oak.trees wrote:Ye cheeky wee thing, I have a great personality thank you every much Paddy Bradley retires after next game Icon_surprised

That may well be true UTOT ... but your avatar tells me you are a cereal killer ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
up.the.oak.trees wrote:Ye cheeky wee thing, I have a great personality thank you every much Paddy Bradley retires after next game Icon_surprised

That may well be true UTOT ... but your avatar tells me you are a cereal killer ....

Ah yeah I know, I must change it now, Never noticed really my picture thanks for the reminder.! Smile I feel like a traitor having a Tyrone related picture
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down