GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin GG News

+33
patsymc
Podger
bluearmy1
bald eagle
Parouisa
KerryKatriona
redhandman
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
The Puke
jimbodub
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
black&white
whiterbananas
Floops
Omagh RedHand
Loyal2TheRoyal
mid-mon man
mossbags
OMAR
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
AdamG
RMDrive
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
mullins
37 posters

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 31 Empty Re: Dublin GG News

Post  Parouisa Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Tbh I thought he was poor last year and now has another year on the clock. A great servant and captain on that unforgettable day but I fear his best years are behind him.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:33 am

Nice to see Bernard hit 9 points for Leinster. Refreshing to see one of the game's superstars take the competition so seriously - in contrast to Kildare who refused to make their player's available. I am a great believer in karma and hope they continue to win nothing. Its not as if their players shouldn't welcome the possibility of an inter-pro medal ... then again maybe they are happy with their O'Byrne Cup gongs.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 am

Parouisa wrote:Nice to see Bernard hit 9 points for Leinster. Refreshing to see one of the game's superstars take the competition so seriously - in contrast to Kildare who refused to make their player's available. I am a great believer in karma and hope they continue to win nothing. Its not as if their players shouldn't welcome the possibility of an inter-pro medal ... then again maybe they are happy with their O'Byrne Cup gongs.

Totally agree. It was equally pleasing for me to see Sean Cavanagh and the Tyrone lads doing their bit for Ulster.

Kildare's ability to do the wrong thing is unrivalled. Making a mess of finances, funding parachute management teams, poaching players and lining them out for 10 minutes in a hurling match - they just get it wrong all the time.

Most of this is down to McGeeney (over a decade removed from being one of the game's great winners), but the county board are just as guilty by entertaining all this nonsense. Still, as Parouisa says, despite all this messing, they remain perennial also rans come the summer.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 am

Indeed. You would think that a county who got an 'advance' of €300k to sort out their finances would be a little more grateful. Especially now the inter pros are to raise funds for Crumlin. Even if he threw a couple of the younger lads at it - it would have done them good. As a matter of fact it would surely be good for any player to share a dressing room with Brogan, Cluxton and others???

ps I note that Cav was a huge influence on reading reports!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:35 pm

2-10 for ciaran Kilkenny
Blue moon rising
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm

OMAR wrote:2-10 for ciaran Kilkenny
Blue moon rising

Yes, they may soon join Tyrone as the country's dominant underage force.

The blue moon has been rising for some time, although there are those who are still blind to it. Massive work has gone on in Dublin and, when combined with the huge playing numbers, success is inevitable. In fact, annihilations like this evening are inevitable.

The numerical advantage begins to even out when you get to senior level, as in theory all any county really needs for future success are 2 very good minors every year, but there is little doubt that Dublin are going to be at the top table for several years to come.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Blue moon rising

Yes, they may soon join Tyrone as the country's dominant underage force.

The blue moon has been rising for some time, although there are those who are still blind to it. Massive work has gone on in Dublin and, when combined with the huge playing numbers, success is inevitable. In fact, annihilations like this evening are inevitable.

The numerical advantage begins to even out when you get to senior level, as in theory all any county really needs for future success are 2 very good minors every year, but there is little doubt that Dublin are going to be at the top table for several years to come.

If Tyrone can overcome their inability to beat Cavan they will certainly be up there..

Another serious win for The Dubs. They look like they will dominate underage for the foreseeable future.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Blue moon rising

a bit of perspective needed here lads, he scored 2-10 against Carlow, a great personal tally but given the quality of the opposition is it really that big a cause for celebration?

Akin to B Brogan scoring the same against Kilkenny footballers, or Shefflin scoring 2-10 against Tyrone hurlers!!!

Not wanting to take anything away from the lad but............
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:39 pm

bocerty wrote:
Blue moon rising

a bit of perspective needed here lads, he scored 2-10 against Carlow, a great personal tally but given the quality of the opposition is it really that big a cause for celebration?

Akin to B Brogan scoring the same against Kilkenny footballers, or Shefflin scoring 2-10 against Tyrone hurlers!!!

Not wanting to take anything away from the lad but............

To be fair, Boc, Dublin have been crushing all before them in this grade in Leinster for a few years now. Last year they did it in the minors too. I'm not getting hung up on Kilkenny, but Dublin are finally a serious force at all grades.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 am

Only three years ago Carlow U21s lost 13-14 to Dublin AET now almost 40 points between the sides Shocked the last two years Wexford,Longford have gotten within a few scores of the Dubs. They play Longford next whom have most of the 2010 Leinster minor winning team they should provide Dublin with their best challenge in Leinster this year.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am

bocerty wrote:
Not wanting to take anything away from the lad but I AM Laughing ............

Kilkenny is a special talent and one I dearly hope makes it big at senior level ... for obvious reasons! But Dublin underage is fast becoming a juggernaut and the first production line reached fruition just two seasons ago and will continue ad nauseum because that is now the set-up in place. Dublin football will only get stronger IMO and its up to the other counties to match the underage work.

Dessie is in charge of the U21s and knows everything about these lads from their underage days.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Parouisa wrote:[ its up to the other counties to match the underage work.

To be fair, Par, there are plenty of other counties matching what Dublin are doing, my own being one of them. What sets Dublin apart is the number of top athletes they will have in every year group. Their 'potential star' pool will always be deeper than that of any other county. It is that, plus the fairly recently acquired structures and graft, that are contributing to the success.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 pm

And the other factor that will bring it along a ton is the All Ireland win in 2011 .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:56 am

Sad to see that Barry Cahill has decided to call it a day in the blue shirt.

I always admired Barry - one of the good guys. He gave great service to the Dubs and has 8 Leinsters to his name. He could play equally well on the half back or forward line or in midfield. I actually think his versatility went against him - especially in latter years. He has had a great club career too and I saw most of Brigid's matches last year and he was hugely influential in getting them to the Leinster Final.

I suppose Barry has had some long seasons in recent years and this is reflected in picking up a few injuries. I think he still had some to give but he probably looked at the numbers and the young lads and weighed it up and decided it was time to go.

Enjoy your retirement Barry - you will always be remembered fondly as a great Dub and a key member of the 2011 team.

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:47 pm

A very good player. I said all last year that his being replaced by McManaman left Dublin unbalanced and too attack minded.

8 Leinster titles is a very fine haul, and I'm pleased that he also managed to add an AI medal to his collection. A good size, reasonably quick, decent skills - one of the better wing backs of the last 10 years.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Yeah! Cahill was a fine player, possessed of the attributes alluded to. He was also, I might add, a lad with a good temprement, prepared to get on with it and play the game. His versatility mitigated against him over time but one of the better ones.

Dublin GG News - Page 31 Smiley11 Barry.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Paddy Power paying out on Dubs for Sam and BB for POTY

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi guys,

Tactical analysis of Dublin's win over Mayo now up here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:44 pm

And here's a video breaking down Stephen Cluxton's positioning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Will Jim Gavin persist much longer with Ger Brennan. Why do I think that we may have seen the last of him. His petulant tendencies are still staying with him. A weak link.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Will Jim Gavin persist much longer with Ger Brennan. Why do I think that we may have seen the last of him. His petulant tendencies are still staying with him. A weak link.

what he done was disgusting, to aim a sneaky kick like that at any man lying on the ground says buckets about the coward he is. O' Carrolls kick at the same player hopefully wont go unnoticed either. Vaughan also caught an elbow on the point of the chin from Brennan so it could be a while before he needs to tog out again for the Blues.

I think Gavin will already have his mind made up that he is a liability and not worth the hassle.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Presume not a scenario envisaged within the rules but he should have been sent off twice
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm

OMAR wrote:Presume not a scenario envisaged within the rules but he should have been sent off twice

a clown of the highest order, be interesting to see if the referees report mentions the elbow as well as the kick.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 pm

Not going to defend Ger Brennan and it may well be that Gavin may cut his losses as GB remains a liability. He could have got a red in the 2011 final and the throw ball in the same incident could have cost Dublin Sam. If he has not learned from that, then ... but personally I think he brings a lot to the team. One thing I will say before people get too out of control here is that he kicked at the ball which Conroy was lying on and refusing to release for a Dublin free - like Edin Hazard. It was not a kick at the player - that said he should not have done it. The elbow was crazy but if Vaughan came charging at me I'd be tempted to too ... Mad

While we are on discipline, Dublin's was very good in the main. What nobody here has mentioned is just how cynical Mayo have become. They got away with a lot in last year's semi - I think because refs think 'ah its Mayo they're not cynical' - but hopefully refs will open their eyes this year. That said I thought Cormac Reilly was very poor on Saturday. Vaughan should have got yellow in the penalty incident and was booked a little later - that should have been red. It seemed that a Dub player had to be nearly killed to get a free - indeed 2/3 overcarrying decisions were given when a guy was being assaulted - while at the same time Mayo seemed to get a couple of frees very handy. Mayo's first point came from a free kick that was fisted!! Reilly & Co did not pick that up.

But to the game - and it was great entertainment. Firstly Bernard Brogan. Last year's troubles are behind him and its like having a new player. He is playing with the enthusiasm of a 10 year old and you can see he is really enjoying his football. His tally of 1-10 was phenomenal with some real highlights - punched point in first half, sideline ball in second, his goal, a couple of the other points. Of Dublin's 1-8 first half tally he scored 1-6 and gave the scoring pass for the other two! I know TC will say God forbid anything happens him .... tis true! Kevin McM - of whom I am not a big fan - had a serious impact on the game with a tally of 1-1 - both fine scores. Paddy Andrews and Ciaran Kilkenny were lively too. Our midfield lorded it at times - Declan O'Mahony is a good fielder and Cian O'Sullivan may be an option there though he needs a bit of polishing! In defence Rory O'C did well and McCaffrey and Cooper continue to impress. In fairness Mayo kicked some great scores under pressure in their 16 point tally.

The one thing that strikes me is that Jim Galvin is going to have to trim his options down to 25 or so in less that two months. That is going to mean a lot of very good footballers - who would walked on to other county teams - left with their feet up over the summer.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:11 pm

P to say he kicked at the ball is utter bullshit, he knew what he was at as did O'Carroll. If he was aiming at the ball he conveniently missed it, which doesn't say much for him as an inter county player given that it wasn't moving!!!!!

I would agree with you to an extent on the Vaughan incident if a guy came running at me i would put my hands up to defend myself too - i doubt though that i would point my elbow at his face.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 39  Next