GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin GG News

+33
patsymc
Podger
bluearmy1
bald eagle
Parouisa
KerryKatriona
redhandman
hipster 2
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
The Puke
jimbodub
bocerty
Real Kerry Fan
Royal_Girl2k9
Grenvile
black&white
whiterbananas
Floops
Omagh RedHand
Loyal2TheRoyal
mid-mon man
mossbags
OMAR
JimWexford
Boxtyeater
GAA-Fan
AdamG
RMDrive
Shinners
Jayo Cluxton
mugsys_barber
mullins
37 posters

Page 32 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Dublin GG News - Page 32 Empty Re: Dublin GG News

Post  Parouisa Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:26 pm

bocerty wrote:P to say he kicked at the ball is utter bullshit, he knew what he was at as did O'Carroll. If he was aiming at the ball he conveniently missed it, which doesn't say much for him as an inter county player given that it wasn't moving!!!!!

Boc if you look at the incident you will find he actually kicked the ball - and not too hard either - and that's the truth!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Parouisa wrote:
bocerty wrote:P to say he kicked at the ball is utter bullshit, he knew what he was at as did O'Carroll. If he was aiming at the ball he conveniently missed it, which doesn't say much for him as an inter county player given that it wasn't moving!!!!!

Boc if you look at the incident you will find he actually kicked the ball - and not too hard either - and that's the truth!

P i have seen the incident now about 10 times and he did not kick the ball. If he kicked the ball what was he sent off for???????

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 pm

If you look at the incidents leading up to it there was more than one foul on a Dublin player but that aside Conroy is actually lying on the ball acting the wounded soldier after getting the free. Brennan flicks his foot at the ball which Conroy is shielding/lying on. No more - no less. His boot made NO contact with Conroy's body. It is even less innocuous than Edin Hazard.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Whatever he kicked, Brennan's red card was as warranted as it gets. I'd expect to see Kevin Nolan in at CHB as the summer goes on.

Yes indeed, Par, I'm going to say it again: 'The Dubs better hope that nothing happens to Bernard Brogan!' He was really outstanding, just top unmarkable in that type of form. Cooper, McCaffrey and Andrews all continue to impress, as did McManamon, who does enough good things to make up for all the stupid things.

Balance is very important nowadays, and Dublin can't play all their big name forwards in the championship. The Brogans, Connolly, Andrews, McManamon and Kilkenny are probably battling for 3 (at a stretch 4) places between them. Anymore than that the Dublin defence will lack protection.

Further back, MDMA is still crucial in the midfield, while Cooper and McCaffrey look the most likely of the new boys to stick around in defence (alongside O'Carroll, Nolan and the Ballymun pair of McCarthy and McMahon).

Dublin are going well, but they are very young and fit. I'll not award them Sam just yet Wink
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:44 pm

Parouisa wrote:If you look at the incidents leading up to it there was more than one foul on a Dublin player but that aside Conroy is actually lying on the ball acting the wounded soldier after getting the free. Brennan flicks his foot at the ball which Conroy is shielding/lying on. No more - no less. His boot made NO contact with Conroy's body. It is even less innocuous than Edin Hazard.

why was he sent off then?

How can you be so sure that he made no contact P?
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:38 am

I have seen it numerous times that's why I'm sure he was kicking at the ball - stupidly. Look I'm not condoning the incident at all - Ger could have gone for that kick as it looked like a kick in the ribs - his own fault and stupidity - and if not he had to go for the elbow. It was as red as can be!

But by and large Dublin's discipline was excellent in the face of a lot of messing and pulling and dragging. Mayo are as cynical a team as what's around at the moment and I hope refs are aware of that as they seem to have largely got away with it last year.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am

Parouisa wrote: Mayo are as cynical a team as what's around at the moment and I hope refs are aware of that as they seem to have largely got away with it last year.

Aidan O'Shea and Donal Vaughan are the 2 who seem to see themselves as 'enforcers'. Always niggling, hitting late - it's as though Mayo have decided that they have to be seen to be tough, to dispell the criticisms of softness that have tarnished them for years.

Refereeing will impact games this summer. I thought that watching Tyrone/Donegal as well. Awarding (or not awarding) frees for 3rd man tackles and blocking runners, as well as swarm tackles will have big say in how certain games play out.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Aidan O'Shea and Donal Vaughan are the 2 who seem to see themselves as 'enforcers'. Always niggling, hitting late - it's as though Mayo have decided that they have to be seen to be tough, to dispell the criticisms of softness that have tarnished them for years.

Refereeing will impact games this summer

Aidan O Shea was playing at 11 and from the first minute was in Brennan's face and ear - wasn't even interested in the game. Brennan should know better so it makes his red worse. Vaughan arrived at the scene of every incident - unless it had to do with football.

I was actually just thinking about referees and their impact this summer after the game on Saturday and a shiver went down my spine. Cormac Reilly did not inspire me!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:03 am

Parouisa wrote: I was actually just thinking about referees and their impact this summer after the game on Saturday and a shiver went down my spine. Cormac Reilly did not inspire me!

Yeah, I think how strict a referee is on some of those things in mentioned really will detremine some results. I 'd be happy enough with Joe McQuillan after Sunday.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:32 am

[quote="Thomas Clarke"]
Parouisa wrote:Yeah, I think how strict a referee is on some of those things in mentioned really will detremine some results. I 'd be happy enough with Joe McQuillan after Sunday.

McQuillan is one of the better ones - and very good at spotting the foot trip! Laughing

I like Coldrick too!!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  champers Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:13 pm

everything looking good for the dubs great results by the youngsters omahony really came in to the game in the 2nd half the running kilkenny was doing of the ball was unreal .as for brennan a straight red was worth getting sent of for just to watch vaughan go down.as for the tyrone fan giving it some about brennan its not so long ago it was the norm in tyrone,not much said about the verbal the tyrone keeper gave murphy

champers
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:58 am

champers wrote:as for the tyrone fan giving it some about brennan its not so long ago it was the norm in tyrone,not much said about the verbal the tyrone keeper gave murphy

The shouting at Murphy by Morgan was poor form, and unnecessary. To be fair to him, the cameras showed him apologising immediately afterwards. As you brought up the comparison, though, I'd prefer a man shouting at the back of my head, than one elbowing me in the face and kicking me on the ground.

For completeness, the spitting incident was disgusting, and I hope the culprit is identified and suspended from attending games.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:59 am

champers wrote:everything looking good for the dubs great results by the youngsters omahony really came in to the game in the 2nd half the running kilkenny was doing of the ball was unreal .as for brennan a straight red was worth getting sent of for just to watch vaughan go down.as for the tyrone fan giving it some about brennan its not so long ago it was the norm in tyrone,not much said about the verbal the tyrone keeper gave murphy

some statement from a county that produced 'angels' like Mullins and Duff, and i am sure Morgan didnt say anything Murphy hasnt heard before. What about Gallagher dragging the keeper to the ground??

Also a very telling picture appeared in a local paper on Monday showing a picture of one of the McGee boys trying to remove one of the Tyrones mens ears.

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 am

bocerty wrote:What about Gallagher dragging the keeper to the ground??

Was it not more 'placing' than dragging? But enough about this ... what about Nani?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:28 am

Hoping to get down to Parnell Park (our home ground!) tonight to see our U21s taking on Longford.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Parouisa wrote:Hoping to get down to Parnell Park (our home ground!) tonight to see our U21s taking on Longford.

Must be some mistake here on the wires......

Longford 1-06
Dublin 1-05

Probably a spacing error, most likely Dublin 10-15 to Longford's 1-06. Strange times indeed......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Hoping to get down to Parnell Park (our home ground!) tonight to see our U21s taking on Longford.

Must be some mistake here on the wires......

Longford 1-06
Dublin 1-05

Probably a spacing error, most likely Dublin 10-15 to Longford's 1-06. Strange times indeed......

First quarter ?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Must be a wind-up on a large scale. Only t'other day were we being regaled by folksy tales of squads and panels and in cases even 3rd. team choices. I've checked the date and NO, not April 1st. This picture is probably years old anyway.

Dublin GG News - Page 32 00071710

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:09 am

Hi lads,

Tactical preview of Kildare vs Dublin up here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks,
Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:25 am

Hats off to Longford and for anyone following their football this would not be the huge shock some are suggesting. One bookie ridiculously had Dublin at 6/5 to retain the All Ireland!

I quote an article from the Evening Herald last Tuesday -

Longford's calibre and recent history will ensure a tighter contest as the 2010 provincial minor winners make their championship bow with their confidence enhanced by their recent capture of the Hastings Cup.

Their final victory over a talented Cavan outfit highlighted their abilities and fighting spirit when overcoming a five-point deficit to prevail, and Farrell is well aware of the challenge the midlanders will pose tomorrow night.

"Longford are a very strong team at this grade and winning the Hastings Cup will only add to their threat," said Farrell.

"Not only did they win the minor grade three years ago but in 2011, their minor team gave us our toughest game in Leinster when we were fortunate to escape with a win down there.

"I feel that they also have a slight advantage in that they have had their sights firmly focused on us since the draw was made, whereas we were pre-occupied with Carlow," added the 1995 All-Ireland winner.

So not such a big shock though Dessie will be very disappointed - and there is no back door! When we won the title in 2010 Meath knocked us out in the first round in 2011 so at least we went one better this year!!

But its good to see some strong teams in Leinster - Longford good, Kildare now favs, Laois with a big win. Be interesting to see how they go.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Longford's 2010 provincial minor success wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the back door in Leinster. They were beaten by over 20pts by Offaly in R1 if they were playing in Connacht or Ulster they wouldn't have got a 2nd chance (no back door there) and some of todays U21s probably would have packed in it.

It's funny how football works sometimes.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:04 pm

15 points in 38 mins affraid
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:23 pm

OMAR wrote:15 points in 38 mins affraid

Hurling score heading for a cricket score. Meanwhile in ballybofey a porous Donegal defence has leaked its fourth point in an hour
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  emmetryan Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi lads,

Tactical analysis of Dublin's win over Kildare up here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Emmet

emmetryan
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Dublin
Number of posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:27 pm

Always satisfying to beat the Lilies and more so as they beat us to win the O'Byrne Cup. At times it was a brilliant display but there is plenty of room for improvement too - that's always good. In reality we should have comfortably scored nearer 3-30 than the 2-20 we got. We destroyed them everywhere and the concession of 2 goals would concern me - though the first would not have happened with Cluxton in goal.

Guys like Cooper, McCaffrey and Kilkenny are coming on a ton and look like being around for a long time. To see lads bursting a gut to make a tackle in the 69th minute of a league game when winning by 13 points is telling. I see no place for Cullen this year and a few others. Bernard was messing today and quite poor. Paddy A was a mixed bag. Connolly got scores only he can and Kevin Mc did superbly again. Kilkenny's point and assist in the one score was remarkable and fun! And it was nice to see the spread of scores after BBs 1-10 last week. We still have not seen James Mc or any Ballymun lads in Blue in '13 - nor Alan Brogan either.

Declan O'Mahony is doing fine in MF - as are MDMCA, Denis B and a few others. Cian O'Sullivan is getting better with every game though himself and Flynn have to be a bit more considered and judicial in their use and distribution of the huge amount of possession they win.

Watching Kildare in that OBC Final I thought they were very near us fitness and staminia wise - and their football was good too.. I was wrong. Today will have done them no good at all. They may even have to dip back into the transfer market ..... a few times! Laughing
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next