GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boxing Thread

4 posters

Go down

The Boxing Thread Empty The Boxing Thread

Post  bald eagle Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 am

I see that Wladimir Klitschko has been vocal in his attempts to get Haye to fight him

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8615884.stm

Hopefully now David Haye will put up or shut up, fight the top dog in the division and give us a decent Heavyweight fight for a change!!! I think the best thing for Haye to do would be to fight Eddie Chambers beforehand to see if he really is up to fighting either of the Klitschko boys.

Interesting to see that there is a clause in the Haye/Valuev contract entitling Valuev to a rematch! Can't see Haye wanting to honour that clause in a hurry!

Did any of you see Audrey Harrisons "fight" at the weekend? I watched him win Gold in Sydney 2000, he was crap then and has just gone downhill! He's after a fight with David Haye also, there's no way he's near the league of Haye but i would like to see Haye put him on his ass in the first 3 minutes!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

The Boxing Thread Empty Re: The Boxing Thread

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 pm

I'd like to see the fight with Klitchko and my understanding was that once Haye got past Ruiz that he would fight one of the Klitchko's. I think he has to do that now and if he doesn't I can see people losing interest as nobody wants to see another 12 round match with Valuev or a match against another journeyman, they want to see Haye versus Klitchko.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sawyer Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Anyone see the fight between Pavlik and Martinez last night? Pavlik's weaknesses totally exposed by a slick fast southpaw. It was a very good fight, Martinez was knocked down in the seventh but finished very strong, Pavlik's face was a mess by the end.

Pavlik will probably move to 168, seemingly he has trouble making 160, hopefully Lee, Duddy or Macklin can get a shot at Martinez in the near future.
Sawyer
Sawyer
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:52 pm

WBC lightweight champion Edwin Valero kills himself.

Was looking at skysports website earlier and it had a story about how he had handed himself into police yesterday after stabbing his wife to death, i checked website again a few hours later, a new story that he had killed himself 24 hours later in a Venezualen prison. A brilliant fighter who looked to be in line for a shot at one of the really big names. Obviously a very troubled person. A very sad and tragic story.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:59 pm

samin10 wrote:WBC lightweight champion Edwin Valero kills himself.

Was he the Pres here years ago?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Sawyer Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:52 pm

samin10 wrote:WBC lightweight champion Edwin Valero kills himself.

Was looking at skysports website earlier and it had a story about how he had handed himself into police yesterday after stabbing his wife to death, i checked website again a few hours later, a new story that he had killed himself 24 hours later in a Venezualen prison. A brilliant fighter who looked to be in line for a shot at one of the really big names. Obviously a very troubled person. A very sad and tragic story.

Absolutely tragic. I've followed Valero's career for the past few years closely, mainly because his fights are always so bloody exciting, but he obviously had demons. There were real warning signs a few months ago when he attacked his mother and sister, and its an absolute tragedy that his innocent wife was caught in the crossfire.
Sawyer
Sawyer
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down