GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good night and good luck

+7
mugsys_barber
bocerty
Thomas Clarke
Loyal2TheRoyal
Grenvile
mullins
Boxtyeater
11 posters

Go down

good night and good luck Empty good night and good luck

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Folks for reasons not related to anything on GT and for reasons that I will articulate elsewhere if allowed it would appear to be prudent if Ruanua got lost somewhere in cyberspace

so good luck to all - Great site/Good quizes competitions etc
Enjoyed it etc.
Might be reborn if the dust settles but Ruanua is gone

here is the reason why not GT related
Good night and good luck

Always tried to follow a few simple rules whilst on xx
1. When you spot a WUM either join in or ignore no point in becoming vexed
2. The main reason Im on xx is for some light relief so make a point on the heavier threads move on but no need to get bogged down
3. Best to stay away from threads that cut a little close to the bone
4. Recognise that on every thread there will be balanced views, well articualted views, extreme views and views that are merely a replication of tabloid headline inspired intellect
5. Trying to argue with the extremists or those that believe the tabloid headlines is a waste of time
Unfortunately yesterday I broke all my own rules and got emotionally drawn into a few threads which indirectly effect me,several members of my family and hundreds of friends.
The manner in which some posters rehashed media spindoctoring got to me and to be honest I got dragged in, bogged down and let the guard down a little lower than I would wish

In any case it is better to fight the issue (which will be won within a week) at hand through more fruitful channels that arguing with anonymous postes on here
So not due to any posters on here but more to do with myself using my lesiure time in a manner which no longer makes it lesiure time
I think it best to hang up the posting boots.
Good luck to all in particular the ever articulate and balanced ORH/BRH/Breff/Nocky/RM/ also L2TR/Thomas Clarke whose posts are an education. The lighter side of things ie Baron/Slasher(except for the PS issue !!)/Rhodejim
The dearly departed Triona/Dubinmeath
Patrique for the contrarion/alternative but always interesting view on everything and last but not least king of the oneliners DHORSE
Thanks to xx for on balance fair and balanced editing
Good luck to ALL
Slán
Ruanua

Back to top Go down

good night and good luck Empty Re: good night and good luck

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Posted on the wrong site......clown good night and good luck Icon_jokercolor
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:27 pm

I knew you dropped your guard ....Couldn't figure out why- but all is revealed now...Anyway be good if you can't be good be careful....You should think twice about backing corporate Ireland good night and good luck 652864
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:42 pm

This is a sad sad day for Cyberspace..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Here and xx will be a lesser place without you Rua..

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:01 am

mullins wrote:I knew you dropped your guard ....Couldn't figure out why- but all is revealed now...Anyway be good if you can't be good be careful....You should think twice about backing corporate Ireland good night and good luck 652864

Whoa, Whoa there mullins......I'd have huge respect for Q and having visited the point involved, on the site in question, can only be supportive of Rua's views.....You have had your cut, I notice, and I wasn't impressed......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 am

Ah Jaysus Rua! That's a huge pity. All your posts were a cut above the rest, especially on matters financial, which I found to be hugely insightful. It was unfortunate the way you were forced to defend yourself just by expressing an alternative, legitimate viewpoint.

I know what you mean by breaking those golden rules, a few months back I was quite insulted from stuff written by anonymous posters, in contrast my gripes were fairly trivial compared to your concerns, but still it annoyed me and mere words written on a computer should do that. (Unless of course it says 'Result: 39 % - Fail' )

G'luck! Hopefully Nuaruanua will make an appearance some day soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:I knew you dropped your guard ....Couldn't figure out why- but all is revealed now...Anyway be good if you can't be good be careful....You should think twice about backing corporate Ireland good night and good luck 652864

Whoa, Whoa there mullins......I'd have huge respect for Q and having visited the point involved, on the site in question, can only be supportive of Rua's views.....You have had your cut, I notice, and I wasn't impressed......

Boxty which bit did you not like .....Im no supporter of Sean Quinn or his friends who have brought this country to his knees...........Maybe you should copy and paste what i said before making allegations .................If you were'nt impressed Good i was trying to impress anybody only giving my opinion..... good night and good luck 652864
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:45 am

You are the master of the copy and paste Mullins, plagarising the work of others and attempting to pass it off as your own.

Quinn and his company aside, this is an unfortunate day for readers of this forum and others. Rua was one of my favourites, but I am battle-hardened when it comes to posters leaving!

Good Bye and Good Luck Rua.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:29 am

It's a genuine shame to see Rua leaving, and I hope he does reconsider as his posts were always excellent. Also, not unlike JC, he was also a great man to defuse an argument with a bit of humour. I can empathise with a lot of what you are saying above, to the extent that I make a big effort to stay out of heavy social-issue-type posts, but it isn't always easy to do so.

Anyway, all the best Rua, and I very much hope we see you back again, as you were a fine addition to this and other boards.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:40 pm

I'll second that TC - always enjoyed reading Rua's posts as they were interesting informative and most importantly genuine, they were not designed to get a rise out of someone else on the forum.

Rua knew his stuff and was definitely an addition to this site - hopefully when the 'annoyance' of whatever happened subsides he will reconsider and join us again.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Good luck Rua. Hopefully you'll have a change of heart sir.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Hopefully you aren't gone for too long Rua. All the best if you decide not to return to GAA forums.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Best of luck rua, a significant loss to this and other websites.

Hopefully it won't be too long until you re-emerge in some form or another
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:20 pm

I've seen all the hoopla over there now. My opinion is that county boards should not get involved in these matters.But seen as they did its only natural that it will come up on GAA discussion boards and inevitably people will get upset.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah come back Rua, I'll miss ye Sad
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:You are the master of the copy and paste Mullins, plagarising the work of others and attempting to pass it off as your own.

Quinn and his company aside, this is an unfortunate day for readers of this forum and others. Rua was one of my favourites, but I am battle-hardened when it comes to posters leaving!

Good Bye and Good Luck Rua.

Good man loyal it was only last week you started a thread you copied of another forum...... good night and good luck Affraid good night and good luck Affraid good night and good luck Affraid good night and good luck Affraid
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 pm

God bless Rua, and I hope we see you back here soon. Slán go fóill! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:25 am

This thread has gone drastically off track.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down