GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galway joins the other great cities of the World

+3
Grenvile
Jayo Cluxton
mossbags
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Empty Re: Galway joins the other great cities of the World

Post  RMDrive Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:They have got the final leg of the race.

Good stuff Clash. Hope the red eagles will be there again. The boats were pretty boring but the aerial show was impressive.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Empty Re: Galway joins the other great cities of the World

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:45 am

RMDrive wrote:

Good stuff Clash. Hope the red eagles will be there again. The boats were pretty boring but the aerial show was impressive.

Didn't see them myself the last time but saw them before. There was a bit of controversy when they had the bit of an airshow as they were saying it should be all about the boats.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:23 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
RMDrive wrote:

Didn't see them myself the last time but saw them before. There was a bit of controversy when they had the bit of an airshow as they were saying it should be all about the boats.

Ah feck that. We were out Spiddal direction for the race in the bay and you couldn't tell what was going on. I didn't once see the ball and everyone seemed to be trying to mark the same lad who just kept running away from everyone else. Still, better than horse racing.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 am

I don't think I'll get involvoed ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:45 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
mossbags wrote:Boston, Rio De Janerio, St Petersbug, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Singapore, Cape-Town
Galway Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_rr

When ya put it like that, it's going to be one disillusioning end to the Race!

so much for the saying 'leave the best till last'
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:41 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Its a great city if you like drinkin or eating good food. Its safe enough and good craic but after 3 years living in it I have yet to find anything else of significance to do in the place. Without a car to go wesht the place is a bit of a bore to be honest Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Sleep .

I'm sorry, but I'm going to defend Galway on this one. What do you mean it's a bit of a bore? Have you had a look around recently? There are multiple cinemas, beaches, swimming pools, football pitches, NUIG which has a multitude of facilities including a Gym, loads of shops within the city, numerous golf courses, there's nearly always a big match on either GAA or soccer, etc. and these are all located within the city. If you classify Galway as a bore, we should all move to Westmeath because it must be one heck of a county.

Someone is angry today, eh? Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_eek

As I have stated, from my personal experience of living here for 3 years apart from eating or drinkin (which Galway is brilliant for and it is it's USP) there isn't a great variety of things in the centre of the city town. Looking at Seamus the Dwarf getting kicked out Easons or other similar Galway-esque escapades can get a bit tedious after a`while.There are indeed many good things do just outside of it (i.e windsufing out in Rusheen, or golfing if that floats your boat) But as I have said you need a car to get to those things.

You also mention my home county in a dismissive, unflattering manner. I can assure it too has all of those facilities and amenities you mention, the cloned UK retail stores, 3rd level institutions, beach (on Lough Ree) etc... But that doesn't make it a 'heck of a county' to be honest... But it's still far superior to Mayo! Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Sebastian wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Its a great city if you like drinkin or eating good food. Its safe enough and good craic but after 3 years living in it I have yet to find anything else of significance to do in the place. Without a car to go wesht the place is a bit of a bore to be honest Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Sleep .

I'm sorry, but I'm going to defend Galway on this one. What do you mean it's a bit of a bore? Have you had a look around recently? There are multiple cinemas, beaches, swimming pools, football pitches, NUIG which has a multitude of facilities including a Gym, loads of shops within the city, numerous golf courses, there's nearly always a big match on either GAA or soccer, etc. and these are all located within the city. If you classify Galway as a bore, we should all move to Westmeath because it must be one heck of a county.

Someone is angry today, eh? Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_eek

As I have stated, from my personal experience of living here for 3 years apart from eating or drinkin (which Galway is brilliant for and it is it's USP) there isn't a great variety of things in the centre of the city town. Looking at Seamus the Dwarf getting kicked out Easons or other similar Galway-esque escapades can get a bit tedious after a`while.There are indeed many good things do just outside of it (i.e windsufing out in Rusheen, or golfing if that floats your boat) But as I have said you need a car to get to those things.

You also mention my home county in a dismissive, unflattering manner. I can assure it too has all of those facilities and amenities you mention, the cloned UK retail stores, 3rd level institutions, beach (on Lough Ree) etc... But that doesn't make it a 'heck of a county' to be honest... But it's still far superior to Mayo! Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_tongue

Last time I checked Galway was a city! scratch Ara, I'm not angry Seb, just took ya up on a comment which I thought was unfounded and still think is unfounded!

As for your last sentence, well, that's also unfounded! Westmeath superior?!?! Razz Sure ya can see from the name there's no significance to that county-it's west of Meath! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Esther has obviously never been in Mojos, the finest club in The Lake County!

Ah Seamus is some man tho Seb. I hear he was buying bags of sugar that were gone out of date for a few cents and then travelling out to a filling station out the road and saying he bought them there and wanted a refund. lol!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:02 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Esther has obviously never been in Mojos, the finest club in The Lake County!

Ah Seamus is some man tho Seb. I hear he was buying bags of sugar that were gone out of date for a few cents and then travelling out to a filling station out the road and saying he bought them there and wanted a refund. lol!

Mojos: 'the midlands premier night venue'™️ Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Ha, yes I always hear his keys jangling down shop street. Some great characters like the Anti- Santi (Hes the buck that owns the bin), the auld fella that goes round telling randomers one liners and of course warty Nora (she walked passed my window half an hour ago with about 6 bags of ragsGalway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_razz )

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Ill tell ya Seamus isn't so funny when he's following you aiming well placed kicks at your shins! Mad

Ah Nora.. She used to make the shops pay her to leave from greeting customers as they arrived at the door!

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 pm

If Galway ain't so great why did you lot steal our colours? Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_scratch
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:53 pm

mossbags wrote:

If Galway ain't so great why did you lot steal our colours? Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Admittedly Moss my post last night was written under the influence of alcohol (as is the case now) and my post in hindsight was rather harsh against Galway's capital.

But many historians claim we wore the maroon first Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_eek

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Sebastian wrote:
mossbags wrote:

Admittedly Moss my post last night was written under the influence of alcohol (as is the case now) and my post in hindsight was rather harsh against Galway's capital.

But many historians claim we wore the maroon first Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_eek

Ye stole our colours and Meaths name. And ye have sweet feckall to show for it Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_razz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 pm

So take the colours and meath away Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_idea The west is best Galway joins the other great cities of the World - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2