GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Score Updates

+4
Dougal
up.the.oak.trees
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA-Fan
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Score Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: Score Updates

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:56 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:well done Tipp Very Happy

Could Tipp do the double this year?!?!? affraid

hmmmm......

Maybe if Kilkenny forget how to hurl Smile

well as far as the league's concerned they could be....

but seriously a lot left in the Cats can't take any league results for granted

Probably all in Brian Cody's master plan to lure everybody into a false sense of security then BANG! When the championship comes and everyone is unsespecting they pounce Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:57 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:well done Tipp Very Happy

Could Tipp do the double this year?!?!? affraid

hmmmm......

Maybe if Kilkenny forget how to hurl Smile

well as far as the league's concerned they could be....

but seriously a lot left in the Cats can't take any league results for granted

Probably all in Brian Cody's master plan to lure everybody into a false sense of security then BANG! When the championship comes and everyone is unsespecting they pounce Smile

Like cats!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:58 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:

Like cats!

Exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:58 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Like cats!

Suspect
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:00 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:

Like cats!

Suspect

Meow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:00 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:Meath are a sub-standard team. Hype is what drives them, not skill. They have a few mentionable players, but only about 2 or 3. This is no surprise.

I'd normally put a post like this down to WUMMING but I think Esther is actually being serious? I hope for her sakes its a WUM. Nevertheless, if she genuinely believes what she says, then I shall begin to wonder for her sanity.

First of all, who is driving Meath's hype? Meath are exactly what they are, no hype.

Secondly and here is where I started to worry. Meath are not skillful? If I was picking skillful teams, I'd go Kerry, Dublin, Meath, Tyrone in that order.

Certainly Stephen Bray, David Bray and Cian Ward are amongst the most skillful footballers in Ireland. A level or two below that trio, we have Jamie Queeney, Chris O'Connor, Cormac McGuinness, Anthony Moyles and Eoin Harrington. Now please Esther go through all these players and tell me what skills each lack.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:04 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:I may have been harsh with my original statement, but they don't have many stand out players. If they did, Tipp wouldn't have won. With some young talents and some tweaking maybe they could make a drive for Leinster and win the Leinster final. However, I do think hype is a large part of their game, Dublin have a similar issue, but they have more skill than Meath, more potential.

Ya could say the same about Mayo sure. I would consider someone like Stephen Bray to be a stand out player but if it just isn't working well on the day there's nothing that can be done by anyone. A couple of stand out players won't make the whole team work well.

I would absolutely consider Bray a stand out player, C Ward as well. I have stated that Meath have a few, but not many.

You couldn't say the same thing about Mayo, because they have a better set-up, more of these 'stand-out' players. Mayo have achieved more than Meath over the past 5 even more years. And we have put up with enough heart-break down through the years so we don't get caught up in the hype as much as yesteryear.

Where were all these stand-out players with ten minutes to go in the quarter final last year?

They did not stand out from where I was sitting.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:04 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:Meath are a sub-standard team. Hype is what drives them, not skill. They have a few mentionable players, but only about 2 or 3. This is no surprise.

I'd normally put a post like this down to WUMMING but I think Esther is actually being serious? I hope for her sakes its a WUM. Nevertheless, if she genuinely believes what she says, then I shall begin to wonder for her sanity.

First of all, who is driving Meath's hype? Meath are exactly what they are, no hype.

Secondly and here is where I started to worry. Meath are not skillful? If I was picking skillful teams, I'd go Kerry, Dublin, Meath, Tyrone in that order.

Certainly Stephen Bray, David Bray and Cian Ward are amongst the most skillful footballers in Ireland. A level or two below that trio, we have Jamie Queeney, Chris O'Connor, Cormac McGuinness, Anthony Moyles and Eoin Harrington. Now please Esther go through all these players and tell me what skills each lack.

Very well put Loyal. I was thinking along the same lines myself but wasn't in the mood of getting in a fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Dougal wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Tipperary 1-09 Meath 0-10.

Meath football is going backways rapidly. I tipped Tipp in the Tipping competition.

not overly suprised with that result,i tipped meath but had tipp at +3 in an accum.was it a case of meath being **** or are tipp starting to really step it up a level?

Wasn't at the game but the action was excellently described by LMFM's Brendan Cummins and his co-commentator, the brilliant Mattie Kerrigan. On the subject of Mattie, people rave about Brolly, Spillane, Tohill and O'Cinneide for analysis but the best in the business is Mattie in my opinion.

Anyway, Meath were poor, Tipperary were better but not by much. Anyone who was the Westmeath game last weekend would've seen Meath were struggling all over the pitch (except for both Brays). I was and thankfully, I had the good sense to oppose Meath in the Tipping. Its not all over for Meath by any means but they look like a badly coached team, Cummins and Kerrigan intimated as much today without directly saying it. There's no plan or flow to the team, all players do not have a common goal, or so it looks to spectators and commentators.

Working the ball out of defence is a major problem for Meath, its all a bit too lethargic. The defenders are caught in position too many times. Plus we have lads inside like the two Brays but nobody out the field to supply ball to them. As I've said before, Joe to midfield is a switch strongly worth considering. Mickey Burke was also centre-back today in Cormac McGuinness' absense. McGuinness is a great reader and the amount of attacks he breaks up is often underestimated. Plus he can deliver a ball into the FF line from his centre-back position with ease. Its no co-incidence that he was missing today as well as last week. Lastly we've no half-forwards. Makeshift full-forwards are being used to accomodate for our lack of proper players for these positions.

Last edited by Loyal2TheRoyal on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Who drives Meath's hype? Who do you think? The fans.

As for your list there, Kerry, Dublin, Meath?!?!?!? I would consider this wumming of the highest degree.

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:56 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

As for your list there, Kerry, Dublin, Meath?!?!?!? I would consider this wumming of the highest degree.

Surely every county's fans will subject its own team to a certain degree of hype? What makes the Meath fans any different?

So you don't consider the Meath players skillful. Give me an example of this, even one. Tell what players are lacking in skills?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

Surely every county's fans will subject its own team to a certain degree of hype? What makes the Meath fans any different?

So you don't consider the Meath players skillful. Give me an example of this, even one. Tell what players are lacking in skills?

I'll name 1 Joe sheridan
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 pm

mullins wrote:
I'll name 1 Joe sheridan

You obviously haven't seed Joe play a lot then.

And Essie the fans hype Meath up? I haven't been talking to a single Meath supporter over the last few months who have been hyping us up. Every supporter would have high hopes for their team but we're not dilusional. In fact most of the supporters I've been talking to lately have been taking a very pesimistic out look on our situation.

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

I was unfortunate enough to be early for the hurling match and saw all the second half, dreadful stuff.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:22 pm

mullins wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

I'll name 1 Joe sheridan

Right so you've managed more than Esther and named one "unskillful footballer" in your opinion. Thats the easy part, now tell me what skills he needs to work on. I'll concede he may not be the best tackler. Over to you......
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
mullins wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

I'll name 1 Joe sheridan

Right so you've managed more than Esther and named one "unskillful footballer" in your opinion. Thats the easy part, now tell me what skills he needs to work on. I'll concede he may not be the best tackler. Over to you......

Loyal what do you want me to say he doesn't carry the ball he has a bad solo --Cop on in my opinion is-hes no trevor giles he was a total footballer...Even you must know that...Loyal this Meath team are not even close to the Meath team 96-99..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

mullins wrote:
Loyal what do you want me to say he doesn't carry the ball he has a bad solo --Cop on in my opinion is-hes no trevor giles he was a total footballer...Even you must know that...Loyal this Meath team are not even close to the Meath team 96-99..

Did anyone say he was the next Trevor Giles? And did anyone say that this team is as good as 96-99? Is this Dublin team as good as 95? You cop yourself on. Ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Yep, Royal Girl is correct.

I had a post typed out but you know what this genius of a website can be like.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Yep, Royal Girl is correct.

I was just trying to remind you what a footballer is because its that long since you had 1 loyal...
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Aye I'm sure it was the website that caused the problem all right.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:52 pm

mullins wrote:

I was just trying to remind you what a footballer is because its that long since you had 1 loyal...

Stephen Bray, David Bray, Nigel Crawford, Cian Ward..? And Even Fay and Graham only left in 08.

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:06 pm

RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:

Stephen Bray, David Bray, Nigel Crawford, Cian Ward..? And Even Fay and Graham only left in 08.

Exactly no footballers i agree with you Score Updates - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:07 pm

mullins wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:
mullins wrote:

Exactly no footballers i agree with you Score Updates - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Go away! No one likes you! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2