GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest footballing performance of all time?

+15
Dougal
Bermuda_Bomber
up.the.oak.trees
black&white
redhandman
patrique
Sawyer
bocerty
clash-of-da-ash
bald eagle
Thomas Clarke
Real Kerry Fan
mossbags
mullins
Loyal2TheRoyal
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Empty Re: Greatest footballing performance of all time?

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
You must have the wrong day. I was there and it was a beautifully sunny day. Willie did have a great game but Micko also, at the end of his career had a very good game although he got married on the previous day. Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Icon_cyclops

Well was it the final of the year before RKF?...Whichever it is, no matter, because on the day Bryan cleaned out O'Connell the rain came in torrents...Boxty and a colleague were stewarding on pitchside, minding one of them big oul' RTE camers and fearing we'd catch our death from a bad flu', abandoned it to it's own devices and took refuge at the back of the Hogan...
As the hordes of Biffos stormed the pitch, Boxty's final sight of the camera was it toppling to the ground... Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Icon_surprised Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Icon_eek Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Icon_lol ..

Arragh! there was a bit of an oul' inquiry, but I stopped short of seeking compensation for my injuries... Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Icon_wink Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Empty Re: Greatest footballing performance of all time?

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:03 am

RMDrive wrote:Tommy Ryan after being punched by Philip Smith in the replay against Cavan in 1992

"I told the man that hit me that the difference between Donegal men and Cavan men was when Donegal men hit, men stayed down but when Cavan men hit, we wouldn't go down"

Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Icon_twisted Greatest footballing performance of all time? - Page 3 Icon_twisted

Sadly for Tommy Derry where more effective at halting Tommys Gallop (Kieran McKeever from memory)

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 pm

sorry havent been about for a while

i still stand bymy origina lpost that i that he nearly won one on his own and with A N other we would have got across the line.

TC i whole heartedly agree with what you say i was at every match that year and eugene and art started the exact same team every match no changes but the same subs were nearly always used. had he took a gamble with cavlan who as you say scored a bagful a few weeks later as well it might have been a different story. i know donnelly was fit but wasnt selected but cush was injured and what was it they were called at u-21 level the terrible twins cush and canavan.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3