GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010

+13
Corner Forward
darragh
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
bocerty
AdamG
mugsys_barber
Grenvile
mid-mon man
scoopmine
Swinford2009
Dougal
Loyal2TheRoyal
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010

Post  mugsys_barber Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Seen Monaghan play Down in the final of the Shamrock Cup there recently, the u-21 pre-season tournament held by a local club, and Down were far from impressive, beat by 10 points. Of course it's only really used as a warm up for the championship and Down probably weren't too bothered, but it's a bad beat all the same and Down had much of the same players that won the Ulster minor title in '07.

Mid-mon man Tyrone won the Ulster minor title in '07 by controversially beating Derry. You should remeber that as Monaghan took part in the Senior final after that or maybe you didn't land until the playing of the national anthem U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 3 Icon_tongue

Tyrone were beaten by the kingdom in the All Ire quarter final and Derry were defeated by Galway in the final.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010

Post  mid-mon man Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Jaysus fierce bad memory on my part there! To be honest didn't really think about it, just put that down because bocerty said it in the previous post! That'll teach me not to do my own research.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:23 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Jaysus fierce bad memory on my part there! To be honest didn't really think about it, just put that down because bocerty said it in the previous post! That'll teach me not to do my own research.

ye,tyrone 07,down 06 losing to galway in the final,and won AI in 05
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:40 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Jaysus fierce bad memory on my part there! To be honest didn't really think about it, just put that down because bocerty said it in the previous post! That'll teach me not to do my own research.

I'd throw the blame on Bocerty for that error U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 3 Icon_smile

How do you think Monaghan will do against Antrim on the 24th. The winner plays either Down or Cavan in the semi-final i think.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Dougal any info on why Cole left Cavan U-21s?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:00 pm

aye,work commitments over in england or something along the lines of that.heard the week before it was made public,that he was dropped for drinking,but i dont think there was any truth to it.dunne quit because he wasnt getting enough game time(another gaels lad who's too good for the county).mcdermot playing class stuff this year,still has next year,and only misses the year after that by a few weeks.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:

I'd throw the blame on Bocerty for that error U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 3 Icon_smile

How do you think Monaghan will do against Antrim on the 24th. The winner plays either Down or Cavan in the semi-final i think.

apologies for that one lads i'd have sworn Down won Ulster in 07
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:36 am

mugsys_barber wrote:

Hard to know, they beat us in the Shamrock Cup, we were missing a few but for all I know so were they, and the whole thing probably counts for very little as far as the championship goes. I wouldn't know much about their u-21s but I've heard they're good and Antrim football is on a high at the moment with the success of their seniors last year and St. Galls also, so I've no doubt it'll be tough. We've a good enough team with a few county senior panellists down the spine, but I'd question whether we'd have enough elsewhere to cope with the bigger counties. All will be revealed soon enough I suppose!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:40 pm

westmeath 2-03 meath 0-09 HT
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:44 pm

cavan won their latest challenge match last night against kilmurry ibrickanes senior team.heard they won well aswell
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 am

Meath U21s lost. A disgraceful showing in the second half.

24 jerseys were given out before that game, 3 were given to players that you could term North Meath men and all 3 were subs. 1 came on. Same old story in this county. Skyrne, Seneschalstown, Summerhill, Ashbourne, Duleek, the same players from the same clubs every time and what have they won?

Sean Curran, Gerry Sheridan, Tommy Johnson, Kevin McCann, there was a sub on the Meath panel yesterday better than all these and he wasn't given a second on the pitch. Two 21 year olds in midfield, and they were out played by a 17yo, albeit a fairly good one by all accounts. As for the forwards, we'd probably have been annihilated if Mark Collins and Brian Sheridan weren't there.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Sawyer Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:20 am

Louth u21's were beaten by Dublin after extra time, had the opportunity to put them to bed in normal time. Both sets of forwards must have left their shooting boots at home, there was a ridiculous amount of wides from both teams.

Dublin had a man put off mid-way through the second half, that tipped the balance Louth's way. We had a couple of chances to put it to bed, two points up in the last few minutes but Dublin got the two they needed.

Dublin pulled away in the second half of extra time, restored to fifteen men of course, another case of missed opportunity for Louth.
Sawyer
Sawyer
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Meath U21s lost. A disgraceful showing in the second half.

24 jerseys were given out before that game, 3 were given to players that you could term North Meath men and all 3 were subs. 1 came on. Same old story in this county. Skyrne, Seneschalstown, Summerhill, Ashbourne, Duleek, the same players from the same clubs every time and what have they won?

Sean Curran, Gerry Sheridan, Tommy Johnson, Kevin McCann, there was a sub on the Meath panel yesterday better than all these and he wasn't given a second on the pitch. Two 21 year olds in midfield, and they were out played by a 17yo, albeit a fairly good one by all accounts. As for the forwards, we'd probably have been annihilated if Mark Collins and Brian Sheridan weren't there.

Was your tip for the year Conor Lynam playing for the lakemen?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:48 pm

I was pleasantly surprised with yesterday's result our U21s. A win over Meath at any code in any grade is always a rare delight.I'd like to think Heslin could be the future for Westmeath in 3 or 4 years but Sir Ricky Dicky Nixon will surely recruit him before that U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 3 Icon_sad .

How good are Laois this year?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:49 pm

I am so annoyed with Meath GAA right now it's not even right.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm

so did anyone here get to see brendan murphy in action this year?unfortunetly i didnt get to see him,but heard he was unreal.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  KingsofCroker Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 am

John Buckley Kerry Midfielder
One to watch.....

KingsofCroker
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Kerry
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:53 pm

As im in college in carlow I heard plenty about how carlow were robbed and Murphy was the best player on the pitch..

As for Cavan I am hopeful about wednesday gutted I wont get to see it, glad to have Reilly back on the panel he add to the bench as I cant see him starting after coming in so late....
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:13 pm

KingsofCroker wrote:John Buckley Kerry Midfielder
One to watch.....

anything to Jimmy?????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:15 pm

scoopmine wrote:As im in college in carlow I heard plenty about how carlow were robbed and Murphy was the best player on the pitch..

As for Cavan I am hopeful about wednesday gutted I wont get to see it, glad to have Reilly back on the panel he add to the bench as I cant see him starting after coming in so late....

so reilly def is available again?class act,if we get past down he will def be one to look out for in the latter stages.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Ye he went back after he finished with school football...
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Are Jimmy Mac and Ado Cole still on the 21s panel?

Think I read on Cavan page that Ado was gone? Two class players, Tommy Carr could with calling either/both up to his senior panel.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Are Jimmy Mac and Ado Cole still on the 21s panel?

Think I read on Cavan page that Ado was gone? Two class players, Tommy Carr could with calling either/both up to his senior panel.

jimmy mac?ado quit due to work commitments(think he works in england)
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:47 pm

scoopmine wrote:As im in college in carlow I heard plenty about how carlow were robbed and Murphy was the best player on the pitch..

carlow seem to be an awful bunch of whingers?would i be right?murphy is a rathvilly man,is he?
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Dougal wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Are Jimmy Mac and Ado Cole still on the 21s panel?

jimmy mac?ado quit due to work commitments(think he works in england)

James McEnroe, Ado's cousin.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next