GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010

+13
Corner Forward
darragh
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
bocerty
AdamG
mugsys_barber
Grenvile
mid-mon man
scoopmine
Swinford2009
Dougal
Loyal2TheRoyal
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010

Post  Grenvile Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Tómas (Mossy) Beirne will be the revelation of the summer. While from a junior club (Eslin) this 6'2".. 20 year old was started at full forward in both our Senior debacles last year. He's a natural midfielder, able to take a score and will be a force in 2010 should the Muppet twins amalgamate "their combined brains" and start him there.
On the other hand, given their attitude, he may not get a game at all.

This is the sort of joined-up thinking your county can get for €80k per annum, should any of your managers depart in a rush.

What about Mulvey from Carrick? Is he still U-21? I hear he beat Allen Gaels on his own at the weekend..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010

Post  Corner Forward Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:42 pm

I think ye should keep an eye out for Aidan O'Shea. Fantastic footballer from Mayo.
Corner Forward
Corner Forward
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Clare
Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I thought David Morgan was older. If he's still under-age for this year's u21 team, then its another question mark beside his name. Eoin Reilly will be 22 this year, to be fair, I'd still have a few ideas that he may turn out to be very good. I think Tormey must have regressed a bit, otherwise he'd be starting on Saturday, same comments for Ellis. All these were class players a few years ago and not one of them can make it onto Meath senior panel. Makes me wonder. Still I suspect Menton will be there in a few years for sure.

Yeah fairly sure he's only 20. I don't know what's happening with him, he lined out for our seniors at the weekend. Eoin Reilly is a nice football but I just don't know if he has the quality for senior intercounty, but say that I could be wrong. Tormey is still an extremely good footballer but he has had some problems with injury as of late. Ellis is great alright and he came on as a sub over the weekend, not sure why he wasn't started. Some of these lads are still very young and given time I think there will be three or four Donaghmore/Ashbourne players on the senior Meath team. I can definetly see Mento and Tormey being there. Our minor team this year as it has been in previous years but our u14/u15/u16s are very good as far as I've seen.

Back to top Go down

Post  TKC10 Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:56 pm

I'll be keeping a close eye on the big German, our new Der Bomber, Max Thiemann. Young still but a good footballer. Hopefully he will get a run out with U21s.

Obviously Barry John will be one to keep an eye on.

Definitely lookin forward to seeing this Armagh team progress also. And of course Aidan O'Shea from Mayo.

TKC10
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Kerry
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:29 pm

TKC10 wrote:I'll be keeping a close eye on the big German, our new Der Bomber, Max Thiemann. Young still but a good footballer. Hopefully he will get a run out with U21s.

Definitely lookin forward to seeing this Armagh team progress also. And of course Aidan O'Shea from Mayo.

Aidan O'Shea is a fantastic talent and will certainly be one to watch this year. He's doing great stuff with Breaffy, although he hasn't shown his true form yet for Mayo in the NFL. He'll be off to Aussie territory after this year unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamG Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Bocerty, I have the feeling that that game (Mayo and Tyrone were they to meet) would have the makings of an enthralling encounter! Both teams would have the backbone of the '08 minor teams along with others who were too old for that age group at the time. Cathal Freeman returning from injury would be an added boost to our U21s.
AdamG
AdamG
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 pm

AdamG wrote:Bocerty, I have the feeling that that game (Mayo and Tyrone were they to meet) would have the makings of an enthralling encounter! Both teams would have the backbone of the '08 minor teams along with others who were too old for that age group at the time. Cathal Freeman returning from injury would be an added boost to our U21s.

i think O'Shea would be more of a handful for Tyrone (or any other team) now than he was back in 08 and has developed better than any of the Tyrone lads bar possibly Ronan Mc Nabb - i would fancy Mayo if them met to be honest.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Should be a good final between Mayo and Tyrone U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface for u
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 pm

mullins wrote:Should be a good final between Mayo and Tyrone U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface for u

Don't be writing us off there Mullins.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 pm

mullins wrote:Should be a good final between Mayo and Tyrone U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_redface for u

sorry Mullins i lost the run of myself there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i did mean if they met at any stage, i wasnt presuming that both teams will make the final.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 pm

bocerty wrote:

sorry Mullins i lost the run of myself there Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i did mean if they met at any stage, i wasnt presuming that both teams will make the final.

Maybe your right bocerty U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 pm

mullins wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Maybe your right bocerty U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

i'd say Tyrone might even be doing well to get out of Ulster - Derry and Down are surely the favourites up here.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  darragh Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:12 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:
TKC10 wrote:I'll be keeping a close eye on the big German, our new Der Bomber, Max Thiemann. Young still but a good footballer. Hopefully he will get a run out with U21s.

Aidan O'Shea is a fantastic talent and will certainly be one to watch this year. He's doing great stuff with Breaffy, although he hasn't shown his true form yet for Mayo in the NFL. He'll be off to Aussie territory after this year unfortunately.

Tis easy to know Aidan has Kerry blood in him.
darragh
darragh
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Da Kingdom
Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 am

bocerty wrote:
mullins wrote:
bocerty wrote:

i'd say Tyrone might even be doing well to get out of Ulster - Derry and Down are surely the favourites up here.

neither will get past the first round.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:54 am

Dougal wrote:

Nice to see some optimism there Dougal. The final panel will be named soon I expect?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 am

yup,u21's are my number 1 team for this year,i hope to get to a couple more challenge games before the down match,but weve been doin well so far.the only cavan team i can be optimistic about at the minute.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Dougal wrote:
bocerty wrote:
mullins wrote:
bocerty wrote:

sorry Mullins i lost the run of myself there U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

what makes you so sure about that Dougal - were Derry not beaten in the All Ireland minor final in 07 and Down won the minor title in Ulster in 07 - thats the same teams effectively coming through now and should count for something
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Seen Monaghan play Down in the final of the Shamrock Cup there recently, the u-21 pre-season tournament held by a local club, and Down were far from impressive, beat by 10 points. Of course it's only really used as a warm up for the championship and Down probably weren't too bothered, but it's a bad beat all the same and Down had much of the same players that won the Ulster minor title in '07.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:58 pm

James Kielt is still in u21 for Derry. I thought he was a year or two older. He must be the best u21 footballer in the land.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:26 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:James Kielt is still in u21 for Derry. I thought he was a year or two older. He must be the best u21 footballer in the land.

There is a handy enough 20 year old living about 25 miles further west

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Ruanua wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:James Kielt is still in u21 for Derry. I thought he was a year or two older. He must be the best u21 footballer in the land.

Rua, i take it that's Murphy your referring to. He's definitely a class act, I was more than impressed by his performance at Ballybofey in the McKenna cup earlier in the year. I hear that Ricky Nixon is hoping to get a closer look at him too.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:03 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:
Ruanua wrote:

Rua, i take it that's Murphy your referring to. He's definitely a class act, I was more than impressed by his performance at Ballybofey in the McKenna cup earlier in the year. I hear that Ricky Nixon is hoping to get a closer look at him too.

That Nixon will be at the Mayo and Dublin match on Sunday. Paul Conroy went to a camp he had in Meath the last day as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Ricky was at Parnell Park last Sunday for Dubs and Tipp! Still trying to work that one out! scratch
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Ricky was at Parnell Park last Sunday for Dubs and Tipp! Still trying to work that one out! scratch

Jayo, Perhaps he was athere to keep an eye on Shane Ryan U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_smile .

I suppose when you think of it Setanta and the brother Aisake were hurlers who adapted to the Aussie game. well, Setanta did anyway.....
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:37 pm

bocerty wrote:
Dougal wrote:
bocerty wrote:
mullins wrote:
bocerty wrote:

sorry Mullins i lost the run of myself there U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin U21 footballers to listen out for in 2010 - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

what makes you so sure about that Dougal - were Derry not beaten in the All Ireland minor final in 07 and Down won the minor title in Ulster in 07 - thats the same teams effectively coming through now and should count for something

na,i was really only joking,but it is quite possible.we beat derry in a challenge match a few weeks ago,and tyrone seem to be able to keep improving up to senior level,where alot of counties level out a bit after minor.down were well beaten by monaghan aswell,also had class minor teams but never really made the impact at senior.so much the same story as earlier.il be betting against both of them anyway.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next