GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leitrim's prospects for 2010..

+14
Dr.Shephard
JimWexford
3inarow08
bocerty
mossbags
Dougal
Real Kerry Fan
RMDrive
darragh
mullins
johnnos bulls
Grenvile
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Leitrim's prospects for 2010..

Post  Dr.Shephard Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:[quote="bocerty, Morrison is a strange man to say the least - question is where will the deadly duo turn up next

At least we're rid of him.....But it was for me "full duck or no dinner"...Moran stays. Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Suspect[/quote]

Source? Is this true. I'd be very surprised Dell-Boy agreed to stay on without Rodney.
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim
Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Leitrim's prospects for 2010..

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 pm

This week's Observer....sports section. Well flagged since the weekend in fairness.
There may have been a dart of the oul' elbow... Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Icon_smile
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 am

JimWexford wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Ye can have Pat Gilroy ........

Boxty,
I noticed ye were offered a certain manager a few weeks ago, oh how the mood has changed there!!!!
wonder what the response is now?

Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Icon_redface hands up ....... fair play to Giller! And I would point out I went to all games and roared my head off (some expletives too!) and would never boo etc. The turnaround from Wexford, Meath and Tipp games has been phenomenal - there may be a fair few brains in this Dub outfit after all!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:02 am

Boxtyeater wrote:But it was for me "full duck or no dinner"...Moran stays. Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Suspect

Glad you didn't have a spoonerism there ... otherwise it would have been dull **** ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Ye can have Pat Gilroy ........

oh what a difference 3 weeks make?
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I know it's of no interest to anyone but the Fenagh team had 8 players between 36 and 45 on duty in this one.
4 of these contested 3 senior finals within the last 20 years, most recently 2003.
Here we are now... Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Affraid
Boxty is fearful of a call-up for the relegation play-off...
Boxty this is what is going to happen all over.
Once we are eliminated from the Wexford Champ we have 7 of the starting 15 heading for far away shores.
City clubs don't know what its like to not have the back up of 2/3 teams.
Best of luck to you in your impending call up.

all rem many moons ago we had to call on the services of two gents for the second half of a league game the youngest of the two was 64 ish one had won a minor medal in the 50's.
To cut a long story short we were winning with 13 players and now the two boys came on at positions 13 and 15. Do you think they would leave the field of play once they got in not a chance and the feckers ended up costing us the game, not that we could say anything as they were the managers at the time
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Empty Loyalty to Leitrim.... Just for Boxty

Post  JimWexford Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:48 am

MICKEY Moran has revealed that he was hesitant about taking up a third year in charge of the Leitrim senior footballers, but decided to do so out of "loyalty" to the county.

Derry native Moran will be assisted once again by Martin McGowan for the 2011 campaign but he is on the lookout for another back-room team member, as long-term assistant John Morrison has left to pursue other commitments.

"John has commitments outside of the game and couldn't really commit. I was very hesitant myself. The board approached me for continuity's sake. I rang John, tossed it over with him and he gave me his blessing," Moran said.

Moran also took charge of Leitrim's U-21s, who lost to Mayo in the Connacht championship by two points. Roscommon put paid to Leitrim's senior provincial hopes before Moran's team lost to Kildare in the qualifiers.

But the past season proved extremely difficult on and off the field. The tragic death of much-loved Philly McGuinness cast a shadow over Leitrim's season and the team also struggled for top-class floodlit training facilities.

Plans have been unveiled to develop land in Annaduff, but work will not start until later this year.

Moran acknowledged that the death of McGuinness "had an awful impact on the whole county." "Everybody was totally knocked back and felt for the family. He was the most beautiful person you could meet and football was his life," he said.

- Jacki
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Boxty. That is indeed a fairly old Fenagh team. they were very slow and cumbersome, even the young fellas. Although had ye got the goal a bit earlier ye may have put up a bit of a fight. The 1st half was possibly the worst 30 mins of football I have ever witnessed.
What no. were you? Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Icon_lol
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Dr.Shephard wrote:Boxty. That is indeed a fairly old Fenagh team. they were very slow and cumbersome, even the young fellas. Although had ye got the goal a bit earlier ye may have put up a bit of a fight. The 1st half was possibly the worst 30 mins of football I have ever witnessed.

Killian McLoughlin lined out, in goal... Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Icon_eek He was considered over the hill for the county seniors in 1993/94 but was kept on the panel "for services rendered".
That was 16 years ago....Notwithstanding the defeat, morale remains up-beat.*

*Morale in this instance is equated with quantity of after-match pints consumed as a group/squad..Heady times ahead with Festivals and Fléadhs...No point in getting worked up about football, it's only Intermediate for God's sake...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Shephard Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:06 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
Dr.Shephard wrote:Boxty. That is indeed a fairly old Fenagh team. they were very slow and cumbersome, even the young fellas. Although had ye got the goal a bit earlier ye may have put up a bit of a fight. The 1st half was possibly the worst 30 mins of football I have ever witnessed.

Killian McLoughlin lined out, in goal... Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Icon_eek He was considered over the hill for the county seniors in 1993/94 but was kept on the panel "for services rendered".
That was 16 years ago....Notwithstanding the defeat, morale remains up-beat.*

*Morale in this instance is equated with quantity of after-match pints consumed as a group/squad..Heady times ahead with Festivals and Fléadhs...No point in getting worked up about football, it's only Intermediate for God's sake...

Was that not TP in goal?
Dr.Shephard
Dr.Shephard
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:29 am

Dr.Shephard wrote:[
Was that not TP in goal?

Ah FFS Doc,TP must be near 50...well, closing in rapidly there. He is now in the Managerial chair so to speak...
I wouldn't be surprised if he made a cameo at some stage. 10 years ago there was only the half hour in him and game time for him has dwindled year on until final retirement about 6 years ago.

He's a good oul' sort and his promise to get us out of Intermediate could yet be fulfilled....to Junior. Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:31 am

Boxty Supped ale recently in an alehouse in Leitrim village
cant recall the name

Traditional type of house no food or crap
Three sections
walk in the door - Youngsters to the left - Codgers to the right tele for game holds about a dozen and the beer was good -iin the middle was snug wit the multi coloured blinds that one has found in much more dodgy alehouses
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 am

OMAR wrote:Boxty Supped ale recently in an alehouse in Leitrim village
cant recall the name

Traditional type of house no food or crap
Three sections
walk in the door - Youngsters to the left - Codgers to the right tele for game holds about a dozen and the beer was good -iin the middle was snug wit the multi coloured blinds that one has found in much more dodgy alehouses

Not Vera Donnellan's so!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:38 am

Joseph Carty would be the ship's captain there Omar.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 am

Sounds right boxty

and god speed to all that sail with him
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:48 am

Is Beirne's of Battlebridge still going strong B?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 am

Absolutely fookin' flying, big, big time. There's a marina at the back door, a monster kiddies indoor plaything across the road and a paintballing yoke 100yds. away. The trad is flying in it Thursday nights, I'm half-expecting the flute from Belfast will turn up sometime soon.....

Raking it....topping oul' spot..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:12 am

One of Ireland's finest days is once more upon us........Balllinanore Show...*

The War Office has, I'd say,across the the Blackcurrant Jam rosette in the purse......tremendous blackcurrants this year in the orchard and Nanny's skills.........WoooW
The Boxman, as ever, has a modest bullock in the frame for "Best turned out Store", more for continuity than anything else. All was going middling till about 20.30 hrs,.when an oul' renegade from across the water (Sheepstealer) rang to inquire "Are you stirring that frame again the year?"

Safe to say ...Pints X 12 from early morn.....

*Coz has donkeys in every available class, €500 in prizemoney, nephews, nieces and elderly aunts are down as owners in the programme..... Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Suspect Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Icon_wink Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:06 am

After a torrid campaign in the GWP Intermediate Championship, Fenagh St. Caillin's produced their best performance at just the right time to see off Annaduff in the Intermediate championship Relegation Playoff Final last Sunday evening in Pairc Sheain Ui Eslin.

GWP INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONSHIP RELEGATION PLAY-OFF FINAL
FENAGH ST CAILINS 1-11
ANNADUFF 0-7

Monumental stuff from a team with 5 players in their 40's and 6 in their 30's.........Leitrim's prospects for 2010.. - Page 3 Food-s23 until Christmas the order of the day and then the congratulatory AGM.... Laughing
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:08 am

Relegation ........ from a C'ship in Leitrim - good God. I'll send over the 7 year old to shore ye up.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:10 am

Forget the speed reading...go slowly, Junior status beckoned... affraid You can keep the 7 year old thanks, enough losers here already without another.... No
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:18 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Forget the speed reading...go slowly, Junior status beckoned... affraid You can keep the 7 year old thanks, enough losers here already without another.... No

Hey Grizzly Adams - I understand fully - the very thought of a 'relegation' play-off - in Leitrim ... Rolling Eyes get my drift??

And I will hold on to the 7 year old - he's good - but I don't want him playing senior intercounty when he's 8 ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:24 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Forget the speed reading...go slowly, Junior status beckoned... affraid You can keep the 7 year old thanks, enough losers here already without another.... No

Hey Grizzly Adams - I understand fully - the very thought of a 'relegation' play-off - in Leitrim ... Rolling Eyes get my drift??

And I will hold on to the 7 year old - he's good - but I don't want him playing senior intercounty when he's 8 ....

He might have to make his senior debut around 17 cos' Brogan will hardly last another 10 years and ye're not bursting with up-coming starlets. The forward inductees this year were hardly world beaters....G'off outa that lad.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Well Boxty and word from the Aughawillan camp before the big game??

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Well Boxty and word from the Aughawillan camp before the big game??

The Willies are confident without being bullish is the feeling around here. Funnily I have a notion that there won't be much in it at the finish. While no doubt they are mindful of their successful years of the 80/90's they know as well as any that Intermediate is tough to get out of. Ballinamore managed a reasonably quick rebound but it's not that simple. The standard of club football is rising all the time with little enough between the bottom 5 at senior and the top 5 at Intermediate.

Fenagh are embarking on a medium term rebuilding programme. The Dauber reckons that the closure of 50% of the parish pubs will be a big plus...... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next