GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 Prospects of new hurling counties?

Go down

2012 Prospects of new hurling counties? Empty 2012 Prospects of new hurling counties?

Post  North Side Gael Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:48 am

Im interested every year in the progression of teams recently promoted or who are making great leaps!

In this section i would like to hear the prospects of westmeath, carlow, kerry, armagh, wicklow etc.

Can these teams make the leap of further promotion? will they dwindle?

I know armaghs management team is superb, with two well known antrim coaches and dinny cahill, if they do build on last year which i cant see why not they should win the nicky rackard.

Kerry as far as im aware are staying at christy ring level and should win it although i feel down and derry are working hard at senior level and may have a say, this along with the very progressive wicklow, i remember a couple year back they failed to feild in u21 championship, must have been a massive boot up the hole for them as they really have come on.

As for westmeath i know very little other than they play us in leinster and with the game they gave a semi decent galway side last year im not so confident although our boys are working extremely hard under new coach jerry wallace.

Im always love to watch carlow this last couple years real passionate team with great scorers and work rate, had a couple of great games up in casement, shame they arent in our division this year in the league!

Anyone any info on the up and coming teams? or your own team, as its always nice to get a bit of inside info for watching the matches during the league!

For derry or down men out there surely armaghs massive underage and senior progression must be a scary sight, maybe im wrong in saying but underage yous have really let slip, derry the last county other than antrim to win u21 only 4 year ago didnt even feild in 2011, just not good enough in my eyes but maybe a good explanation.

i feel for these counties that the connaught and ulster championships should go ahead without antrim and galway, to create a bit of self beleif in these provinces hurling, the winners could go into the intermediate all ireland semi finals!c

North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down