GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Finals

+5
bald eagle
RMDrive
bocerty
Boxtyeater
Jayo Cluxton
9 posters

Go down

Club Finals Empty Club Finals

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Fair play to Kilmurray - great win. Portlaoise too - Boxty's tip - going well. Suffered a ridiculous sending off today and conceded a goal on the resumption and went straight down the other end and goaled themeselves. Worthy MotM in Barry Fitzgerald. Apparently some property shennanigans went belly up on the club and they are millions in debt (7 maybe?). Not my favourite county but fair play to them
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Club Finals Empty Re: Club Finals

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:31 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Fair play to Kilmurray - great win. Portlaoise too - Boxty's tip - going well. Suffered a ridiculous sending off today and conceded a goal on the resumption and went straight down the other end and goaled themeselves. Worthy MotM in Barry Fitzgerald. Apparently some property shennanigans went belly up on the club and they are millions in debt (7 maybe?). Not my favourite county but fair play to them

What a day is right!!! Kilmurry/Ibricken once again exopose the poverty of Kerry football.!!!! In the immortal words of Marty Morrissey, as Clare, (powered by the KIB legend that is/was Tom Morrissey) slew the dragon in '92 "there won't be a cow milked in Clare" (well in KIB land anyhow) for a week....... Club Finals 19213 Club Finals Icon_rr Club Finals Icon_santa Club Finals Drunken_smilie Club Finals Icon_king Club Finals Icon_king Club Finals Icon_king

"Every dog has his day" as the saying goes* see Christmas threads*
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Fair play to Kilmurray - great win. Portlaoise too - Boxty's tip - going well. Suffered a ridiculous sending off today and conceded a goal on the resumption and went straight down the other end and goaled themeselves. Worthy MotM in Barry Fitzgerald. Apparently some property shennanigans went belly up on the club and they are millions in debt (7 maybe?). Not my favourite county but fair play to them

JC are you serious about the level of debt - was this something to do with the sale/purchase of land
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:39 pm

bocerty wrote:
JC are you serious about the level of debt - was this something to do with the sale/purchase of land

As far as I know that was the gist of it. Couldn't find anything on Google but thats what somebody mentioned yesterday.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Club Finals Empty Tir Chonaill v Kilmurry Ibrickane

Post  RMDrive Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Poisonous game of football. Kilmurry are playing filthy football. Punches, elbows ... obviously they have no confidence in their footballing ability. For shame.
Ref hasn't the balls to take control.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:46 pm

42 free kicks in the first half.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I thought you being a fellow Ulsterman RMD that you appreciate the Killmurray style of play! Club Finals Icon_twisted

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:44 pm

bald eagle wrote:I thought you being a fellow Ulsterman RMD that you appreciate the Killmurray style of play! Club Finals Icon_twisted

Ah this was something else BE. There was little tough about it and a lot dirty.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Lads, lads and indeed lassies...This was the absolute worst game of football ever played...The absolute solid worst... Club Finals Icon_redface Club Finals Icon_mad
Nothing but a bunch of mullockers on both sides. Ne'er a decent catch, wayward kicking, inability to execute any of the games basic points and lots of dirty and indeed dangerous "tackles" the result of lazy attitudes...
The refereeing was on par with the game itself, poor and inconsistent. He bottled it early on and contributed handsomely to the general shambles. The sad thing is there was a decent crowd there, if that muck was served up hereabouts the crowd would be wanting their money back (that is anyone who might have paid)..

On a footnote, KIB now progress to the semi-final. I'll be staking the profits (if there are any) from the Crosses enterprise firmly on Portlaoise who will annihilate these Clare bogmen by a comfortable 15 points or so.
Portlaoise nailed on here...pile in, even at 1/6...It was so bad that the oul' Labrador, who looks at the odd match, began to whine after 45 minutes when there hadn't been a score in the previous 20..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:23 pm

8 scores in total - 3 in the second half - brutal. There were more scores at the Villa-Blackburn game!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:12 pm

An Eoin Mulligan inspired Cookstown have made it through to the Intermediate final after a 5 point victory over St Anne's from Galway.

Also worth noting that Naomh Colmcille have made it through to the Junior hurling final too after beating their Sligo opponents today. A great achievement for a relatively new hurling club

All in all a good day for Tyrone
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Does anyone else, other than me, tire of this Tyrone success story???? Shinners live on the Forum I notice.... Club Finals 19213
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Does anyone else, other than me, tire of this Tyrone success story???? Shinners live on the Forum I notice.... Club Finals 19213

Boxty we've a long way to go yet to match the real big hitters in the GAA world. But there i sterling work being done all over the county and its good to see some reward for it.

Incidentally Cookstown are managed by Chris Lawn ex Tyrone fullback
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:30 pm

bocerty wrote:Also worth noting that Naomh Colmcille have made it through to the Junior hurling final too after beating their Sligo opponents today. A great achievement for a relatively new hurling club

I sincerely hope Patrique did not line out for Naomh Colmcille .... Club Finals Icon_wink
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:32 pm

bocerty wrote:
Boxty we've a long way to go yet to match the real big hitters in the GAA world. But there i sterling work being done all over the county and its good to see some reward for it.

Incidentally Cookstown are managed by Chris Lawn ex Tyrone fullback

Careful use of phraseology from Boc here I notice....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 am

I played for Tyrone County, not some lousy club.

And I note St gall's beat the Galway champs and are now in the intermediate hurling final.

CJ McGourty contributed 8 points.

Can they beat Corofin as they chase the double?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Corofin to relive the glory days of 98.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote:

As far as I know that was the gist of it. Couldn't find anything on Google but thats what somebody mentioned yesterday.

this was in the sunday independant two years ago just as the asre dropped clean out of the market. this is what happens with commitees dragged their heels over the sale and now cant get rid . the interset at that stage was something like 50k a year !
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:24 pm

redhandman wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote:

this was in the sunday independant two years ago just as the asre dropped clean out of the market. this is what happens with commitees dragged their heels over the sale and now cant get rid . the interset at that stage was something like 50k a year !
Think there was a bit more than that, they had agreed a sale with a developer and where moving to premises outside the town and he pulled the plug. I think they has bought land or even started work on this new area.
Don't be surprised to hear more horror stories over the next year or two.
know of a club in Carlow owe approx €550k and builder has gone bang and they haven't paid a penny and are hoping the whole thing is "brushed under the carpet"
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down