GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Marty Lockhart!

+3
Jayo Cluxton
Boxtyeater
mossbags
7 posters

Go down

Sean Marty Lockhart! Empty Sean Marty Lockhart!

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:10 pm

My favourite Derry player of all time and second favourite Derry person of all time has decided to retire from intercounty football. Discuss.

He was one of the all time greats! I'm sure the Tyrones, Armaghs or Donegals won't be sorry to see him bow out, after all his pockets are overflowing with forwards from those three counties!!!

Back to top Go down

Sean Marty Lockhart! Empty Re: Sean Marty Lockhart!

Post  mossbags Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Superb player. Derry had the beating of my lot in the SF of 01 largely thanks to this lad keeping our forwards at bay. We found a way through in the end but always had a soft spot for Sean Marty.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:35 pm

A tidy enough defender but hardly one of the all-time greats. Kept Derry in it many's the day but these gushing accolades ( superb, magnificent, best of his/her era) are becoming all too prevalent and smack of clichéd journalism.
As I said, tidy enough, no more or less.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Sean Marty Lockout as I used to call him!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:A tidy enough defender but hardly one of the all-time greats. Kept Derry in it many's the day but these gushing accolades ( superb, magnificent, best of his/her era) are becoming all too prevalent and smack of clichéd journalism.

In terms relative to Derry though Boxty would you not agree he was superb,a class act, a footballing genius, a legend of the game, all time great etc..
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:00 pm

[quote="mossbags In terms relative to Derry though Boxty would you not agree he was superb,a class act, a footballing genius, a legend of the game, all time great etc..[/quote]

As I said a tidy competent defender. All the accolades to date remind me of forwards. The backs function is to defend, where the class act comes in is where you have forwards who have the ability, skill and cunning to outfox even the most competent defender. So eh! no.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:00 pm

mossbags wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:A tidy enough defender but hardly one of the all-time greats. Kept Derry in it many's the day but these gushing accolades ( superb, magnificent, best of his/her era) are becoming all too prevalent and smack of clichéd journalism.

In terms relative to Derry though Boxty would you not agree he was superb,a class act, a footballing genius, a legend of the game, all time great etc..

Even Paddy Reynolds would be a legend in Derry ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mossbags wrote:

Even Paddy Reynolds would be a legend in Derry ....

Jayo knows the score here Sean Marty Lockhart! Icon_wink
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:06 pm

You lads are obviously flat out this evening.......I've to dash off to watch the Afternoon Show now...on as we speak. Sean Marty Lockhart! Affraid

Does this cyberworld activity takes place every day?
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:55 pm

he was a decent enough footballer and fit as a fooking fiddle - rumour has it the man done 1000 press-ups a day without taking a breather !!!!!!

Always a reliable defender though i do think his best days were behind him a few years ago.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Very good defender who always did well against the Aussies to boot.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:46 pm

He has the same name as the guys who help park your car around Croke Park
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:45 am

While Sean Marty is a great footballer, he's hardly a legend in Derry football.

I can't really understand some of ye at times, giving a player a compliment then shooting him down in flames a couple of lines later, shows the measure of a few of you really!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:03 am

bald eagle wrote:While Sean Marty is a great footballer, he's hardly a legend in Derry football.

I can't really understand some of ye at times, giving a player a compliment then shooting him down in flames a couple of lines later, shows the measure of a few of you really!

having a bad morning BE - did you not sleep properly last night - perhaps you should get back into bed and get out the other side.

Dont see were anyone complimented a player and then shoots them down!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:17 am

bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:While Sean Marty is a great footballer, he's hardly a legend in Derry football.

having a bad morning BE - did you not sleep properly last night - perhaps you should get back into bed and get out the other side.

I'm perfectly fine this morning Boc, thanks for asking, i don't see how one comment can mean i got out of bed the wrong side right enough.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:22 am

bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:

I'm perfectly fine this morning Boc, thanks for asking, i don't see how one comment can mean i got out of bed the wrong side right enough.

jaysus man i'm only having a bit of craic ..................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:23 am

bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Craic ye say??? BAHHHH, have ye nothing better to be doing with your time than taking that stuff!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:25 am

bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Craic ye say??? BAHHHH, have ye nothing better to be doing with your time than taking that stuff!!!!

i might try a bit of cold turkey now when Christmas comes
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down