GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter

3 posters

Go down

Winter Empty Winter

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Increasingly I find myself saying to old ladies in shops - "Ah yes we've been very lucky so far the weather has been great. It'll make the winter shorter."

And as I'm walking out I think - you d**khead! The winter will always be the same length. What I should be saying, by way of clarity, is "Ah yes the virtue of a milder spell with less cold fronts from the Atlantic and significantly less sub zero temperatures, allied to the continued existence of various types of fauna and flora which would normally have perished by now and the lack of proliferation of significant spells of precipitation may give one the impression of a less harsh winter to endure thus appearing to abridge the season." I must remember to say this in future.

As Ronnie Corbett used to say - is it just me or are the nights getting shorter.

Please share your winter tales and what it means to you. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire? Your new car skidding into a gate post? No chance of a bit of outdoor action? Hot toddies? Complan of an evening?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Winter Empty Re: Winter

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:24 am

finishing school just as it's getting dark and all the lights on inside the bus on the way home. wierdly cosy I find!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Here are some facts about Winter:

Winter has 3 months. FACT!
It has 92 days. FACT!
The winter solstice takes place on the 21st December. FACT!
November 1st is the first day of winter. FACT!
Winter is the coldest season of the year. FACT!
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down