GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action.

+7
bocerty
clash-of-da-ash
black&white
JimWexford
Jayo Cluxton
mossbags
Boxtyeater
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Empty Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action.

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Boxtyeater, as a member if the FBI (No, not the USA version, but the Fenagh-Ballinamore Initiative) has been nominated by the
BBC (Ballinamore Boozers Club ) to investigate the problems besetting this once famous club and to this end is going to the city for 5 days 5/11-10/11 09 on a forensic investigative mission.
Knowing feck all about soccerball I've been forced to commandeer the services of a son-in-law as a sort of "special advisor".
In the true John O'Donoghue spirit of these missions, we are being accompanied by our respective wives who will perform secretarial and catering duties and get some info from the female perspective.
But I have a few problems that I need guidance on.
I'll need some catchy phrases.....drive it in low ta' phook will hardly sound good and not wanting to look a plank, as head of the delegation, a few snappy one-liners allied to S-in-L's "alleged" knowledge will carry the day.
Mention of Ger Loughnane tactics, carrying concrete blocks and other rural methods, while fine here, are I'd say taboo.

A guide to the city, where one could get a sherry and a small bite to eat at a modest price would be sound.
I'm assuming they speak some form of English that I can understand, normally I turn on the sub-titles when Stevie speaks...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Empty Re: Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action.

Post  mossbags Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:27 pm

The blue half look like they'll be needing your help as well going on tonights performance.
Their a touchy bunch scoucers. The current mayor of London had to go up there once and apologize in person for something he wrote once. Be sure and say hello to Rafa on his way out Boxty.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Empty Re: Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action.

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:27 am

B - haven't been there for years so can't help with food n drink. Some soccerball lingo though -

Watch yer house
Dublin - someone is breaking in
Liverpool - guy going to tackle you from behind.

Get it down the channels
Dublin - flush your gear down the jacks when the bizzies (L'pool term) arrive
Liverpool - play the ball down the wing.

One on one
Dublin - pronounce wan on wan - fish and chips.
Liverpool - attacker taking on last defender

You have him in your pocket
Dublin - a dipper is relieving your cash
Liverpool - defender is marking forward tightly.

Get up his ar*e
Dublin - Well more a Cork term than a Dublin one Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_razz
Liverpool - Get tight to the man in possession.

Time now please!
Same in both places Boxty so get 'em in!!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:31 am

Get out of the way ye tan b*stards might cover it all
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:59 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Watch yer house
Dublin - someone is breaking in
Liverpool - guy going to tackle you from behind.

I think "watch yer house" is the advice they give to Liverpool players before mid-week games. Twisted Evil
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:13 pm

It might be a good idea to learn the words to "You'll never walk alone".
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Also do not buy, mention, refer to or be seen with ......... a beach ball ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Boxty in years gone by i have attended soccer matches at both Goodison and Anfield, both times the oppopsition were Man United the team i follow, on both occasions for reasons beyond control i ended up seated with the home fans affraid affraid affraid affraid

On both occasions United won but i sat there like someone who didnt even care - like most supporters in Croker on All Ireland final day - it was easily the worst 2 sporting occasions i ever had to endure.

Songs like Manchester is full of sh1t, Rooney is a fat b*****d, etc should ender you to the local scumbag population.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:26 pm

bocerty wrote:Songs like Manchester is full of sh1t, Rooney is a fat b*****d, etc should ender you to the local scumbag population.

But Manchester is full of sh1t and he is a fat b*****d Twisted Evil
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:48 pm

rmd spuds sp ud s!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:48 am

Boxty a few other terms to learn before you arrive in Liverpool are 'calm down calm down' this phrase is usually used to defuse a potentially volatile situation and is universally understood on merseyside.

Another is 'trackies and trainies' this is a term used to describe what most Liverpudlians wear on a constant basis even in bed - translated it roughly means tracksuits and trainers.

The other is 'divvy' this is the local term of endearment in much the same way we would refer to someone as an arsehole or a dickhead. Use it sparingly...............

If may also be useful to stock up on a variety of shell suits so that you blend in with the locals who's dress sense is suspect to say the least.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Referring to replies put forward thus far, this trip is rapidly losing it's appeal. Trackies, divvys etc.

It's Liverpool I'm going to, but it's beginning to sound like Dublin....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Referring to replies put forward thus far, this trip is rapidly losing it's appeal. Trackies, divvys etc.

It's Liverpool I'm going to, but it's beginning to sound like Dublin....

it would a kind of home from home for a Dub - both cities would have much in common - one of which is you cant underayand a f**king word they say - oh and the cant count at snooker either Laughing Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bumpernut Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:41 pm

sure all will be fine again about 4 o clock 2moro!!
bumpernut
bumpernut
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

antrim
Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Having beaten United three times now Liverpool must be team of the decade.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:27 am

after much bull going on I gave in and brought the 5 year old to see his beloved united called & collected ole fella a stanch ally of the 5 year old . in the car over (boxty type senior and junior harped on about the "beautiful game" arrived in pub spotted a few lads I knew let junior(boxty terms again I know) let 5 annoy them and I watched KK final. needless to say I arrived home with a liverpool fan and a boxty senior a bit miffed lost a game and a fan. Boxty middle used this to total advanage and now fingers crossed will have the foreign game left to the tans the welsh and the pale
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:17 pm

thefootballshirt.com do a great range of replica soccerball jersies Jim.
For £12.99 you could get him a wee Liverpool shirt with surnameXXXX 5 on the back of it.....he'd love it the wee garsún.

Christmas time and all that Jim, a pressie from "my daddy". If I don't hear positively in this regard I'll deem you heartless.
Imagine the excitement in Chez Jim on Xmas morn and Jim seething..... Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_mad Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_evil Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Affraid
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:07 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:thefootballshirt.com do a great range of replica soccerball jersies Jim.
For £12.99 you could get him a wee Liverpool shirt with surnameXXXX 5 on the back of it.....he'd love it the wee garsún.

Christmas time and all that Jim, a pressie from "my daddy". If I don't hear positively in this regard I'll deem you heartless.
Imagine the excitement in Chez Jim on Xmas morn and Jim seething..... Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_mad Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_evil Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Affraid

Good call Boxty - you know it akes sense Jim .... Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_basketball
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:28 am

Sorry never, call me heartless but I will not buy one of those things.
Firm believer in the bag of coal.
No only soccer jeansaí to cross this threshold here was a newcastle one and until he converts it will be all he see's saying that, I wouldn't have a clue of who plays for who only knew about 5/6 players last sunday
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Liverpool......hmmmmmm a surprisingly busy and friendly city. Arriving at 8.30am we couldn't check in till 2.30 so we opted for the Anfield tour. £14 per head and £8 for fogies so off we popped. Directors lounge, Legends lounge, seats in directors box, the museum complete with a rake of trophies, Kop end, do NOT walk on the grass and the dressing rooms. These are surprisingly basic and indeed quite small. Indeed for a ground that holds 45k the entire stadium looked small. A point of note was that if you were seated at the front row of the Kop end you were about 2 foot below the pitch level.
We went on the next day to visit the Maritime museum and the British slavery museums which were very good experiences.

Swooping swiftly into Aldo's (4 pints of Carling for £7.20) we rambled into Ricky Tomlinson outside a John Lewis dept store. Ricky was appearing in his Jim Royle ensemble, anorak, runners etc and appeared to be shopping.
The ladies had now gotten the retail therapy virus and I was forced to spend the afternoon mooching around shops in search of "bargains". Watched the fight Sat night in O'Neill's in the city center and it had all the things I despise in pubs, jukeboxes, tellys X8, fruit machines and food....
There was a 50/50 opinion on Benitez from locals I spoke with. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Boxty - that wasn't Jim Royal outside John Lewis at all at all - it was just one of those mirror shop windows!! Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Boxty - that wasn't Jim Royal outside John Lewis at all at all - it was just one of those mirror shop windows!! Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_razz

Well it wasn't Joe Royle either although he was also a big fat duffer.... Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_santa
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:39 pm

No Boxty - think mirror here!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:41 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:No Boxty - think mirror here!

just ignore him Boxty - just because he is a long string of sh1te like Anthony out of the same show
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:No Boxty - think mirror here!

Baxtard...... Liverpool...club crises.....remedial action. Icon_mad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next