GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Goal Charity Match

+3
patrique
Jayo Cluxton
bocerty
7 posters

Go down

No Goal Charity Match Empty No Goal Charity Match

Post  bocerty Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Was just reading that Kerry have refused to play the annual Goal Challenge Match for Charity. Had Cork won yesterday they were due to play Nemo Rangers.

A strange decision from the Kingdom considering the head of Goal is a Kerry man. The game usually raises in excess of 30,000Euro so this is a big blow to the charity.

Wonder what this is all about???????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

No Goal Charity Match Empty Re: No Goal Charity Match

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 am

Maybe we should step into the breach? I don't mind who we play - we'd hammer either of them!

1. John O'Learys gloves - speaks for himself .... all the time actually! No Goal Charity Match Icon_cool

2. Clash - Tough and uncompomising full back with all the answers!!! No Goal Charity Match Icon_eek

3. Jim - in the Mick Lyons mould - take no s**t but give plenty! No Goal Charity Match Icon_wink

4. Black & White - Stick the Sligo man in the corner where he'll do no harm!! No Goal Charity Match Icon_razz

5. Loyal - Following in the great tradition of needly, annoying and persistent Meath half backs! No Goal Charity Match Icon_lol

6. RMD - Solid CHB will revel in playing alongside his No. 5 ... No Goal Charity Match Icon_rolleyes

7. MMM - The Dessie Mone role for MMM but expect it to be more Moan with the 5 and 6 he has to play with! No Goal Charity Match Icon_biggrin

8. Bocerty - a bit of Ulster steel - if he can stay on for the 70. No Goal Charity Match Icon_surprised

9. Samin - more Ulster dir.. I mean steel. As long as he doesn't start fighting with his number 8. No Goal Charity Match Icon_mad

10. Sami Premier - some young legs at RHF - remind him not to bring his hurley!
No Goal Charity Match Icon_twisted

11. Thomas Clarke - Intelligent CHF - great vision but we'll have to knock the uncharacteristic 'niceness' out of him! No Goal Charity Match Icon_rabbit

12. Swinny - The Ciaran McDonald of the team - its not a final so he'll be fine! No Goal Charity Match Affraid

13. Bald Eagle - Little baldy fellas always make good corner forwards! No Goal Charity Match Icon_silent

14. Mossbags - Unorthodox FF who can be counted on to do the unexpected - even unexpected by himself! No Goal Charity Match Icon_bounce

15. Patrique - Niggly little corner forward who will get in his opponents ear so much that he will be given yards of space! No Goal Charity Match Icon_basketball

Subs: Boxty (due to life assurance problems)

Karl (not on long enough to be rated!)

GAA Fan (one Armagh man is enough already)

Redhandman (Too may Tyrone men on there already!)

6inarow (Bosman signing from the UK - awaiting work permit)

Physios: Bright Oak and Shinners! No Goal Charity Match Icon_lol

Manager - Oh go on then ....

Water carriers - Old (well he runs a bar and goes missing!) and Flanders!

Bring it on!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:36 am

Jayo, is it any wonder Dublin can't win anything out of the province, Dublin managers couldn't manage a piss up in a bar.

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:41 am

Too many Tyrone players on. How can I keep warm when they are rolling about holding up the play?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:28 am

Brilliant Jayo. No Goal Charity Match Icon_razz I once scored four goals in a game at FF for Kiltormer u-14s or something, no one expected that least of all me No Goal Charity Match Icon_lol That was hurling mind you, whenever I played football I only ever managed about 2 or 3 goals per game.............
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:08 am

mossbags wrote:Brilliant Jayo. No Goal Charity Match Icon_razz I once scored four goals in a game at FF for Kiltormer u-14s or something, no one expected that least of all me No Goal Charity Match Icon_lol That was hurling mind you, whenever I played football I only ever managed about 2 or 3 goals per game.............

Moss did you not read the title 9men from the west ehhhhhhhhhh)
NO GOAL match so your only allowed score points
or in our case attain p(o)ints in another manner maybe!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 am

patrique wrote:Too many Tyrone players on. How can I keep warm when they are rolling about holding up the play?

If they start rolling they will be left at it! This is serious charity business and a win will be vital - at all costs! Don't be making excuses P - I am expecting great things from a man who has played hurling and football for almost every other county in Ireland!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:12 am

Bright-Oak wrote:Jayo, is it any wonder Dublin can't win anything out of the province, Dublin managers couldn't manage a piss up in a bar.

The problem is that there are too many piss-ups in bars!!

You just get your sponge and magic rub and report for duty.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:Jayo, is it any wonder Dublin can't win anything out of the province, Dublin managers couldn't manage a piss up in a bar.

The problem is that there are too many piss-ups in bars!!

You just get your sponge and magic rub and report for duty.
is that a wise idea with our "young" fragile wing back think he might show the Tyrone boys how to stay down and get his magic rub!!!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:20 pm

JimWexford wrote:
mossbags wrote:Brilliant Jayo. No Goal Charity Match Icon_razz I once scored four goals in a game at FF for Kiltormer u-14s or something, no one expected that least of all me No Goal Charity Match Icon_lol That was hurling mind you, whenever I played football I only ever managed about 2 or 3 goals per game.............

No Goal Charity Match Biggrin
Ah here Jimbo, GT tipster are the equivelant of Kilkenny and Kerry combined in that other manner you speak of No Goal Charity Match Pint
Not sure about our manager though, heard he was heading ST James,s direction on Thursday but wont even be raising a glass to St Arthur on his birthday No Goal Charity Match Fresse .
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:26 pm

mossbags wrote:
JimWexford wrote:

No Goal Charity Match Biggrin
Ah here Jimbo, GT tipster are the equivelant of Kilkenny and Kerry combined in that other manner you speak of No Goal Charity Match Pint
Not sure about our manager though, heard he was heading ST James,s direction on Thursday but wont even be raising a glass to St Arthur on his birthday No Goal Charity Match Fresse .

True how could you have any respect for a man-ager like that.
Think we'l have to have a players meeting to see what we should do.
Maybe even ask the phsios to take over they seem to "know more" than the rest of us put together.
Only drawback I can see is a certain wingback may think his place is guarenteed and he may act the jack doyle (even though "it wouldn't be in his nature")
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm

I will not tolerate insolence!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:29 pm

No how about 10 pints instead
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Maybe we should step into the breach? I don't mind who we play - we'd hammer either of them!

1. John O'Learys gloves - speaks for himself .... all the time actually! No Goal Charity Match Icon_cool

2. Clash - Tough and uncompomising full back with all the answers!!! No Goal Charity Match Icon_eek

3. Jim - in the Mick Lyons mould - take no s**t but give plenty! No Goal Charity Match Icon_wink

4. Black & White - Stick the Sligo man in the corner where he'll do no harm!! No Goal Charity Match Icon_razz

5. Loyal - Following in the great tradition of needly, annoying and persistent Meath half backs! No Goal Charity Match Icon_lol

6. RMD - Solid CHB will revel in playing alongside his No. 5 ... No Goal Charity Match Icon_rolleyes

7. MMM - The Dessie Mone role for MMM but expect it to be more Moan with the 5 and 6 he has to play with! No Goal Charity Match Icon_biggrin

8. Bocerty - a bit of Ulster steel - if he can stay on for the 70. No Goal Charity Match Icon_surprised

9. Samin - more Ulster dir.. I mean steel. As long as he doesn't start fighting with his number 8. No Goal Charity Match Icon_mad

10. Sami Premier - some young legs at RHF - remind him not to bring his hurley!
No Goal Charity Match Icon_twisted

11. Thomas Clarke - Intelligent CHF - great vision but we'll have to knock the uncharacteristic 'niceness' out of him! No Goal Charity Match Icon_rabbit

12. Swinny - The Ciaran McDonald of the team - its not a final so he'll be fine! No Goal Charity Match Affraid

13. Bald Eagle - Little baldy fellas always make good corner forwards! No Goal Charity Match Icon_silent

14. Mossbags - Unorthodox FF who can be counted on to do the unexpected - even unexpected by himself! No Goal Charity Match Icon_bounce

15. Patrique - Niggly little corner forward who will get in his opponents ear so much that he will be given yards of space! No Goal Charity Match Icon_basketball

Subs: Boxty (due to life assurance problems)

Karl (not on long enough to be rated!)

GAA Fan (one Armagh man is enough already)

Redhandman (Too may Tyrone men on there already!)

6inarow (Bosman signing from the UK - awaiting work permit)

Physios: Bright Oak and Shinners! No Goal Charity Match Icon_lol

Manager - Oh go on then ....

Water carriers - Old (well he runs a bar and goes missing!) and Flanders!

Bring it on!!

when's training?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Am trying to arrange a session in the Pocklington Health and Leisure Centre but am having trouble explaining the nature of the game and event ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Am trying to arrange a session in the Pocklington Health and Leisure Centre but am having trouble explaining the nature of the game and event ....

try Francis Scaife Sports Centre, Pocklington Rugby Club and The Henry Thirsk Sports Amenity Centre (or as everyone calls it "the footy club"). The footyball club has actually seen Gaelic Football before when myself and Niall Quinn (a lad my age, not the Sunderland chairman) played in a 2 vs 10 game after a match one sunday.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Tried the Henry Thirsk Sports Amenity Centre but they are booked solid with the Yorkshire Morris Dancing Championship!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:59 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Tried the Henry Thirsk Sports Amenity Centre but they are booked solid with the Yorkshire Morris Dancing Championship!!

I'd like to see anyone even try to Morris Dance there! They'd find it fairly difficult!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Yahoooooooo!!!!!

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:07 pm

you want The Two Ronnies one Jayo - can't find it on Youtube but it's brilliant!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 am

Hey JC thanks for the exlusion, way to go making me feel good about myself LOL ano im not on as often maybe i cud be your assistant or a selector or the hell with it just give me the number 14 jersey ya wanna score dont ya!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:16 am

North Side Gael wrote:Hey JC thanks for the exlusion, way to go making me feel good about myself LOL ano im not on as often maybe i cud be your assistant or a selector or the hell with it just give me the number 14 jersey ya wanna score dont ya!

NSG - I know you are just re-embarking on your career and didn't want to pile the pressure on you. Yes I think Mossbags could be a weak link at 14 as he says himself he is really a hurler.

I imagine his pace is also questionable as his posts here give the impression of someone who is slow ... No Goal Charity Match Icon_razz No Goal Charity Match Icon_razz

I will have a think about this but start polishing the boots in anyway (as they say in Dublin)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Jayo, play Bocerty in the forward line where his diving expertise can get us a few handy frees. He is no use to me lying on his arse around midfield. No Goal Charity Match Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:21 pm

samin10 wrote:Jayo, play Bocerty in the forward line where his diving expertise can get us a few handy frees. He is no use to me lying on his arse around midfield. No Goal Charity Match Icon_smile

jaysus samin thanks for the vote of confidence - only problem with me going into the forwards is our corner forward might get a skite.

Though knowing the county he is from he'll probably f**k off before the match on holidays or else he'll start mouthing of to the management and get kicked off the panel.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down