GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ireland Final!

+11
RMDrive
patrique
clash-of-da-ash
mossbags
bocerty
Karl Collins
black&white
GAA-Fan
Boxtyeater
mid-mon man
Jayo Cluxton
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who will win The All-Ireland

All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Tag1053%All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Tag10 53% 
[ 8 ]
All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Tag1047%All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Tag10 47% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 15

All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Empty Re: All Ireland Final!

Post  bald eagle Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Looking like a close one this, Cork need to get their act together somewhat i think!!

Just as a matter of interest, if Kerry win today, do you think Kennelly will go back to Sydney Swans?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Duffy is a disgrace, Kerry are cute hoors Gooch knows how to win his free anyway. Kennelly and Galvin shouild have both seen yellow cards after dangerous challenges in 1st half and Cork man gets a yellow. Cork are bing pushed in the back everytime the ball comes to their forward line.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:22 pm

Kerry are a class team with class players. Kennelly and Galvin are running straight through them, Gooch is out in front every time as well. And Kerry are dominating midfield. People talk about Kilkenny in the hurling, what about Kerry in the football? Better wait until the game is over for those sort of comparisons though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Cork are getting **** all, Duffy is a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Cork are getting **** all, Duffy is a joke.

Who is the best team Oaksy!?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Kerry are but Duffy was a disgrace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Kerry are but Duffy was a disgrace.

Kerry got a few dodgy decisions. Darren O'Sullivan hoped the ball twice for his point but the best team won in my opinion. Cork can't blame the ref. I think you just don't like to see Kerry winning! All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Icon_wink

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:35 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Kerry are but Duffy was a disgrace.

If you look at some of my comments after the Munster games you will note that I said that Lynch should have been dismissed for constant fouling.

Instead he was lauded for marking Gooch out of the game, by constantly going right through him from behind. Today we had a better ref who knew that Lynch was fouling Gooch ALL the time.

A few other incidents. O'Sullivan'sw foot was held and he may have raked O'Connor getting free. In some sports that "raking" is allowed if the other side are fouling the ball.

I actually thought the ref was excellent today.

and Kerry were far too good for Cork.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:41 pm

What about Kennellys elbow to the face in the first minute, Galvins rugby tackle around the neck, Tomas O Se stamping...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Yeah the analysts were very hard on Gooch as well, Anthony Lynch was dragging him out of him the whole time. And if you look back through the video of the game, four of Gooch's six frees were won by him. He is just a supreme player as well, he can open up a defence in the twinkling of an eye - vision that I've only ever seen matched by Trevor Giles. So while the experts might think he played poorly, I actually thought he had an excellent game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:What about Kennellys elbow to the face in the first minute, Galvins rugby tackle around the neck, Tomas O Se stamping...

What about them!?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:What about Kennellys elbow to the face in the first minute, Galvins rugby tackle around the neck, Tomas O Se stamping...

What about them!?

No cards for any of them? They probably didn't have an overbearing effect on the final result, but Duffy is a terrible referee- never have liked him. Kerry are a very cynical team as well, and Pat Spillane can shup up about puke football I counted at the end Kerry had 10 men on their own side of the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:

What about them!?

No cards for any of them? They probably didn't have an overbearing effect on the final result, but Duffy is a terrible referee- never have liked him. Kerry are a very cynical team as well, and Pat Spillane can shup up about puke football I counted at the end Kerry had 10 men on their own side of the pitch.

Hehe, you're not in a very cheery humour this evening, are you!? Kennelly was lucky I thought, Galvin maybe a yellow, not too sure about the O'Se incident! Down with puke football I say, All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Icon_cool All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Icon_lol .

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Tomas O'Se was stomping and would have done no harm only someone happened to be holding his legs when he was stomping. Perhaps that someone nearly got injured.

I did not see Galvin rugby tackle anyone, I did see someone slip into him. The same thing happened with a Cork lad and one of the O'Se's as well.

Kennealy appeared to shoulder Murphy in the head at the start. Poorly timed, it is all that time wasted in Australia, he needs more time to get his timing right. (pun intended)

It is great being neutral, you can see the whole game. The ref was excellent, given that both sides are intent on fouling at every opportunity. Bound to miss a few.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Kerry got very easy frees compared to cork.
Thought duffy was intimidated by them alright.
Cork had the play had the ball but continuously took the wrong option.
Instead of driving for goal and going down like the gooch and winning a simple free the elected to try knock over points from 35-40 yards out.
Saying that to be on an intercounty panel in the forwards you should be able to do this rather than run all day (arguement for a different day abd onr that has been mentioned here).
To sum up a poor game in terms of quality but high in excitment the ref actually had the reverse opposite compared to the hurling, sligo men and common sense (a joke rich, B&W etc).
Still best team won today and Kerry showed that the don't bother with anything until August.
congrats to D.O Shea on number 6 some feat this day and age in fact any age
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:08 pm

I said it earlier in the summer that Cork would not win an All Ireland on the basis that they had no plan B and that they went too long without scoring during games and I was right.
I honestly didn't think Kerry would win it this year either but when you look at the handy draws they had in the qualifiers they couldn't not progress but at the same time, whats an All Ireland without beating one of the big teams in Ulster - no disrespect to Antrim.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:14 pm

speaking of plan b shinners I see you didn't call the clare bmob or thwe kerry crowd today animals for entering the pitch.
The GAA have to cop on regarding this issue, it is every much part of the part as much as the captain lifting sam or liam
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:19 pm

I didnt bother saying about Clare or Kerry fans invading the pitch because it gets a bit tiresome repeating the same thing ad nauseum. I dont agree with pitch invasions no matter who is involved.
One thing I will say though is if someone is on the pitch and gets shoved out of the way and gets injured then tough, they shouldnt be there but if someone is in the stand or on the hill and someone shoves them to get past and they get injured then they should be compensated in some way.
Shinners
Shinners

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:22 pm

P.S I never called Kilkenny fans animals
Shinners
Shinners

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Nice points don't know about the stand though have a serious amount of claims as is.
The answer is better stewarding simple and efficent.
Rather than jobs for the boys have people who have trained and done the course (yes this are available and a; stewards are meant to have done them).
Hsave a reward system as well.
Get free tickets to ever second ot third AI
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Shinners wrote:P.S I never called Kilkenny fans animals

Not that it would bother me but if you look over your posting after the hurling final I believe you did.
Anyway i'm not interested in becoming a loyal on this subject
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Thats fine Jim not getting into an argument with you about it.
Peace flower
Shinners
Shinners

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Shinners wrote:Thats fine Jim not getting into an argument with you about it.
Peace All Ireland Final! - Page 2 Icon_flower
spot on.
Agree with you about duffy today
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Shinners wrote:I said it earlier in the summer that Cork would not win an All Ireland on the basis that they had no plan B and that they went too long without scoring during games and I was right.
I honestly didn't think Kerry would win it this year either but when you look at the handy draws they had in the qualifiers they couldn't not progress but at the same time, whats an All Ireland without beating one of the big teams in Ulster - no disrespect to Antrim.

But it is disrespect.

And Kerry cannot be blamed because Cork CREAMED Tyrone, and pipped Dongal.

In short, Ulster do not have any big teams.

So I object to you singling out Antrim.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:10 pm

C'mon Patriqué, Antrim were on the handy side of the draw in Ulster and had they faced a Tyrone or a Monaghan they would've been beaten.

P.S Jim, I didn't mention Duffy because he was dreadful and I didn't want to waste my whole evening ranting about him.
Shinners
Shinners

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next