GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything answered thread.

+13
mullins
Corner Forward
Grenvile
black&white
clash-of-da-ash
mossbags
6inarow
bocerty
SamiPremier08
GAA-Fan
Shinners
RMDrive
Jayo Cluxton
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Everything answered thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything answered thread.

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:16 pm

GAA Fan you moving to North or South, because see Harp...it's our thing!

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:GAA Fan you moving to North or South, because see Harp...it's our thing!

Im suppose to be moving to Belfast but Queens have messed up my uni application, if not there it might be Derry Mad
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Magee Uni? Will you be living on Campus?

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Magee Uni? Will you be living on Campus?
Yes. But im hoping Queens get my feckin application sorted tomoz otherwise im going to get the bastards!
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:why did something resembling a small black insect live in the screen of my laptop for several days, running around and being a nuisance, before disappearing just as mysteriously as it appeared?

Sounds like the cursor to me Very Happy

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:51 am

Why, when buying a paper, do you pick the one underneath the top on on the pile?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:00 am

RMDrive wrote:Why, when buying a paper, do you pick the one underneath the top on on the pile?

Why isRMD such a hateful little man Jaysom? I don't like RMD. Buy any paper ui want RMD, top ot bottom who cares!? Stupid question, next question plraae.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:01 am

Not Everything answered thread. - Page 2 Drunken_smilie by thw way. Just pretending. to be Everything answered thread. - Page 2 Drunken_smilie . Giung Everything answered thread. - Page 2 Sleep .Seriou.sly, RMD = Everything answered thread. - Page 2 Icon_cool Everything answered thread. - Page 2 Icon_razz .

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:44 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
RMDrive wrote:Why, when buying a paper, do you pick the one underneath the top on on the pile?

Why isRMD such a hateful little man Jaysom? I don't like RMD. Buy any paper ui want RMD, top ot bottom who cares!? Stupid question, next question plraae.

Everything answered thread. - Page 2 Popcorn
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Your best off picking one from the middle as the top paper may been fallen on the ground. Also any extras inside such as the Aldi specials or some pull out may be missing because somebody who wasn't buying that paper took it out and put it into the paper they were buying.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:12 am

It is a scientific fact that people who read papers are 93% more likely to be nose pickers - but not flickers. They will maul the top copy and then dig. Avoid the top copy!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:25 pm

I'm looking for a print of a photo of Croke Park. Its regarded as one of the best photos ever taken of Croke Park. I've seen in a number of places but cannot find it anywhere. I know it was taken some time in the 1920's. The photograph in shot in the corner of the Canal end or Hill 16 and the entire stadium is in shot.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Clash, there is a place on the quays in Dublin - think its Ormond Quay - that does all old style photos and they would possibly have it.
I work nearby so I will check the name of it tomorrow and see if they have it.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:48 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:I'm looking for a print of a photo of Croke Park. Its regarded as one of the best photos ever taken of Croke Park. I've seen in a number of places but cannot find it anywhere. I know it was taken some time in the 1920's. The photograph in shot in the corner of the Canal end or Hill 16 and the entire stadium is in shot.

I think that print is in the White House in Ashbourne and there is a more modern version taken from the same spot. I have an idea Meath were in that final Clash (not just cos its a Meath pub) and therefore it may be 1939.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:53 am

Clash,

There's a pub in Oughterard that has the picture, might be able to help you out. Can't think of the name of the pub, but it's just down the road from Keogh's.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Everything answered thread. - Page 2 Empty Selling on ebay?

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:44 pm

Just wondering if anybody here has sold stuff on ebay and whether they have encountered problems? I have never sold anything on ebay before but would like to start. I tried reading their help and information but it seems like there are loads of hidden fees. From what I can make out they keep 10% as well as charging you to put up an item.

Does anybody have any advice?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:35 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Just wondering if anybody here has sold stuff on ebay and whether they have encountered problems? I have never sold anything on ebay before but would like to start. I tried reading their help and information but it seems like there are loads of hidden fees. From what I can make out they keep 10% as well as charging you to put up an item.

Does anybody have any advice?

Clash - i have used ebay quite a bit but more for buying stuff than selling. I have sold about 3 or four items though it it quite a while since i sold anything. As far as i was aware they do charge to put an item up but its not that much. Once the item is sold they then take a percentage of the final price which was somewhere in the region of 10%. That could have changed since i sold anything.

Just be careful when selling if you do proceed with it, dont accept bids from anyone with 0 feedback as they are usually scammers and dont agree to post anything to Nigeria or countries like that as they are scammers too, they actually try to get you to post the item before they pay for it - you'd be surprised how many people fall for that one, you can usually spot these guys as they usually up the price quite significantly during an auction.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Why is there a water shortage in this country when we get rain 326 days of the year?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Why is there a water shortage in this country when we get rain 326 days of the year?

As with a lot of things wrong with this country the answer lies in bad planning, short term solutionism and small mindedness. The resevoirs that dot the rural landscape are generally decrepid and in very poor repair and the pipes that run beneath are in an even worse state.They are not equipped to even come close to utilzing water as a resource which is the way we should be looking at it. Indeed, some argue that considering the rain that does fall on this country, it is a clear sign of moral redundance, not to mention economic idiocy, on the part of our nation that we do not maximize something as important as this. Ask any Australian or African and they will be aghast at how much water we feel free to waste.
The water system in our capital is particularly bad and urban dwellers there are dependant on their friendly neighbours from Kildare and Meath to keep them clean and alive and all the other stuff that water comes in handy for every now and again.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Oh........ right so, Ted.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:12 am

Anybody know how to catch badgers?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 am

With desenting gloves on, take fresh meat and wrap chicken wire around a tree at least 3-4 times about 8-12" above the ground. All around the tree bury old style leg traps that are staked down or cabled. Cover them with leaves or very loose dirt. Pour fox piss all over the area, but not on the meat.

The badger will find all the traps and will remember were they are set, but,....it will be so intent on getting the meat (it can't remove from the tree), it will forget about the traps and where they are, then step on one an get caught. You will have to check the line 5-6 times a day, as it will chew off its leg after about 4 hrs.

The other way is a log trap, with a meat trigger. Build the trap 3ft X 3ft X 3ft high with a solid floor an top, otherwise it will dig out in about 2-4 hrs. Use the top as the falling door.

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:29 am

Ruanua wrote:With desenting gloves on, take fresh meat and wrap chicken wire around a tree at least 3-4 times about 8-12" above the ground. All around the tree bury old style leg traps that are staked down or cabled. Cover them with leaves or very loose dirt. Pour fox piss all over the area, but not on the meat.

The badger will find all the traps and will remember were they are set, but,....it will be so intent on getting the meat (it can't remove from the tree), it will forget about the traps and where they are, then step on one an get caught. You will have to check the line 5-6 times a day, as it will chew off its leg after about 4 hrs.

The other way is a log trap, with a meat trigger. Build the trap 3ft X 3ft X 3ft high with a solid floor an top, otherwise it will dig out in about 2-4 hrs. Use the top as the falling door.

Sounds like a good idea but that would be too difficult to get.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Have you tried dressing up as a sexy female Badger and luring it in?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:27 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Anybody know how to catch badgers?

I'll ask my mate Gerard Cavlan - i'll get back to you on it
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next