GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liam Sammon steps down. Who will step up?

+3
Jayo Cluxton
RMDrive
mossbags
7 posters

Go down

Liam Sammon steps down. Who will step up? Empty Liam Sammon steps down. Who will step up?

Post  mossbags Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:15 am

Liam Sammon left his post as Galway manager to-day and a big thank you goes out from all in the county. He had his own views on the game which, noble as they were, seemed pehaps to be a bit out of touch with the way the modern game is played.

The big question no of course is, who will take over? Personally I think it might be a little too early for Kevin Walsh, would like to see him see out his reign in Sligo myself. Nicky Joyces old man will have a lot of support within the county for sure. Anyone here on GT have any ideas on who is the right man to take Galway football back into the big-time?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Liam Sammon steps down. Who will step up? Empty Re: Liam Sammon steps down. Who will step up?

Post  RMDrive Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:22 am

Micko according to the Indo.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Liam Sammon steps down. Who will step up? Empty Re: Liam Sammon steps down. Who will step up?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:08 am

I hear Pillar is hot fav ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:27 am

If i was Galway manager and we couldnt beat Mayo id step down too. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:30 am

Yet another manager sent packing by Donegal Very Happy
McEniff last year, Sammon this year .... lol!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:38 am

RMDrive wrote:Yet another manager sent packing by Donegal Very Happy
McEniff last year, Sammon this year .... lol!

Kernan in 07 (Donegal and Derry)

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:44 am

RMDrive wrote:Micko according to the Indo.

yeah it appears this is a job that appeals to Mick O' - not sure how this would go down in Galway though, it does beg the question though what does it take to be a top level successful intercounty manager, there are a lot of men at it but very few appear to make much headway with the teams they are in charge of over a sustained period of time.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:48 am

But will they have the funds ....... Suspect
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:49 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

But will they have the funds ....... Suspect

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:35 pm

samin10 wrote:If i was Galway manager and we couldnt beat Mayo id step down too. Embarassed

Paul Grimely is being touted a lot around town Samin. Your lot don't seem to want him. Think he might be just the man myself!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:41 pm

mossbags wrote:
samin10 wrote:If i was Galway manager and we couldnt beat Mayo id step down too. Embarassed

Paul Grimely is being touted a lot around town Samin. Your lot don't seem to want him. Think he might be just the man myself!

He would be a great man for Galway Mossbags. Too much s***e going on with Armagh at the minute. Armagh County board need to approach him and ask him asap. It seems the county board want to go through a stupid selection process again, they need to stop mucking around and go straight after Grimley. Believe me everyone in Armagh (supporters and alot of players, with the exception maybe of the kernans) wants him in the managers position.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:53 pm

samin10 wrote:
mossbags wrote:

He would be a great man for Galway Mossbags. Too much s***e going on with Armagh at the minute. Armagh County board need to approach him and ask him asap. It seems the county board want to go through a stupid selection process again, they need to stop mucking around and go straight after Grimley. Believe me everyone in Armagh (supporters and alot of players, with the exception maybe of the kernans) wants him in the managers position.

Yeah I hope your lot make a balls of it and I hope our lot have the foresight to recognize this is the right man at this time for Galway football. He has a proven track record at the highest level and can teach us all the Ulster tricks. Geezer will give his full blessing, sure everyone knows its Grimely pulling the strings in Kildare.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Sure ye never know, Grimley might take over Monaghan should Banty step down! Wink Already familiar with a few of the county players!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:02 pm

How about Armagh take Paul Grimley. Monaghan and Galway can take his brothers between them.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Do you think he will take it then Sam? Clear favourite but he's not giving too much away. He's very good, would be a great man for any county.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:50 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Do you think he will take it then Sam? Clear favourite but he's not giving too much away. He's very good, would be a great man for any county.

i thought his comments the other day that the Armagh County Board hadnt approached him yet was a 'come and get me plea' to be honest. Looks like he wants it but he aint going to go begging for it.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:07 pm

bocerty wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:Do you think he will take it then Sam? Clear favourite but he's not giving too much away. He's very good, would be a great man for any county.

i thought his comments the other day that the Armagh County Board hadnt approached him yet was a 'come and get me plea' to be honest. Looks like he wants it but he aint going to go begging for it.

Think thats exactly the situation, think he feels he was made a fool of the last time, think basically what he is saying is he went through all that selection process before, the county board knows what he has to offer, if they want him then approach him with the job offer. I am still very hopefull that they will approach him for it and he will take the job.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Aye suppose that's true enough, Armagh would be mad not to approach him though.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:25 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Aye suppose that's true enough, Armagh would be mad not to approach him though.

stranger things have happened MMM - County Boards and logic rarely go together when it comes to important decisions like this. Though it seems to be up to the clubs in Armagh, though it was the last time too and we all know what happened then................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 pm

bocerty wrote:
mid-mon man wrote:Aye suppose that's true enough, Armagh would be mad not to approach him though.

stranger things have happened MMM - County Boards and logic rarely go together when it comes to important decisions like this. Though it seems to be up to the clubs in Armagh, though it was the last time too and we all know what happened then................

Grimeley wants the Galway gig, Fact, end of! etc....
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

How would Moran and Morrisson go in Galway d'ya think?
'Twould be great for Galway (and Leitrim).
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:39 pm

I'd say the Galway board are hanging on Grimley for an answer ........ Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I'd say the Galway board are hanging on Grimley for an answer ........ Laughing

No No No No No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Bring back Peter Forde.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down