GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork v Tyrone

+6
GAA-Fan
mid-mon man
bocerty
redhandman
JimWexford
JOLearysgloves
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cork v Tyrone Empty Cork v Tyrone

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Usually I shout for Ulster but I am absolutely sick of Tyrone people and their sheer hatred of Derry, I usually support them in the latter stages but not this time (The only team I hope they beat is Kerry as I can't abide them or their fans either). This isn't aimed at you Boc, as I know there are supporters like you who can overlook the rivarly. Anyway doing the Irish News All Stars on the other side this came to light especially people like Reddoctor and CheFinny where their posts are absolutley dripping with anti-Derry bile.

Cork AbĂș.

Last edited by Bright-Oak on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Cork v Tyrone Empty Re: Cork v Tyrone

Post  JOLearysgloves Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm

anyone hear ure man from Tyrone who rang into Newstalk Off The Ball crying that the Donegal fans were up for Kildare!!!! Laughing
JOLearysgloves
JOLearysgloves
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:05 pm

If the football keeps improving the way it has I really don't care. All i want to see as a neutral is for a good game showing of both teams strenghts (which couln't be more differnet) if we get this we 'll be rtreated to a feast of football and all its skills.
~so now properly won't happen
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Really looking forward to this one, think it has the makings of a classic. As you say Jim, very different styles. Have to say i hope Tyrone win it, not just because they are our neighbours but i also feel that Kerry and Cork could be a mismatch. I know, i know Crok beat them earlier in the year but for me that game is history and meaningless. Kerry are a different side when they reach Croke Park and i think Cork could end up on the recieving end of another hammering if they meet in an all-ireland final (i think its a certainty that Kerry will make the final, sorry Loyal). Hopefully Tyrone beat Cork and then go on to play Kerry and win again. Come on Tyrone.

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:40 pm

samin10 wrote:Really looking forward to this one, think it has the makings of a classic. As you say Jim, very different styles. Have to say i hope Tyrone win it, not just because they are our neighbours but i also feel that Kerry and Cork could be a mismatch. I know, i know Crok beat them earlier in the year but for me that game is history and meaningless. Kerry are a different side when they reach Croke Park and i think Cork could end up on the recieving end of another hammering if they meet in an all-ireland final (i think its a certainty that Kerry will make the final, sorry Loyal). Hopefully Tyrone beat Cork and then go on to play Kerry and win again. Come on Tyrone.

mother of god i grew up with a pile of armagh cousins and i have never heard them cheer our boys on ! fair play samin hopefully an ulster double tyrone seniors and in the minors DOWN ! oj lad oj!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Supported Tyrone against Kerry last year (maybe something to do with a large bet i put on them at 7-4 for the final, was very confident for it.) No problem with Tyrone to be honest, 2003 i disliked them for their style of play, in 2005 that changed to respecting them for their style of play. They beat us fair and square in that semi final. I have no problem cheering Tyrone on when they are playing the game in the proper manner. (something they have been doing since 2005). They are a great team to watch and i hope they win it this year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then i find something like this on youtube and it just puts me right of Tyrone again. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:16 pm

samin10 wrote:Supported Tyrone against Kerry last year (maybe something to do with a large bet i put on them at 7-4 for the final, was very confident for it.) No problem with Tyrone to be honest, 2003 i disliked them for their style of play, in 2005 that changed to respecting them for their style of play. They beat us fair and square in that semi final. I have no problem cheering Tyrone on when they are playing the game in the proper manner. (something they have been doing since 2005). They are a great team to watch and i hope they win it this year.

I know what this is without even looking at it!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:18 pm

were you right?

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:Usually I shout for Ulster but I am absolutely sick of Tyrone people and their sheer hatred of Derry, I usually support them in the latter stages but not this time (The only team I hope they beat is Kerry as I can't abide them or their fans either). This isn't aimed at you Boc, as I know there are supporters like you who can overlook the rivarly. Anyway doing the Irish News All Stars on the other side this came to light especially people like Reddoctor and CheFinny where their posts are absolutley dripping with anti-Derry bile.

Cork AbĂș.

Niamh if you choose to take the bait every time more fool you - try to rise above the crap that these guys post they only do it to wind you up......
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:58 pm

I might be biased but no Derry posters post the bitterness towards Tyrone that these idiots do towards Derry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:02 pm

samin10 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then i find something like this on youtube and it just puts me right of Tyrone again. Mad

Yep I was right

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:I might be biased but no Derry posters post the bitterness towards Tyrone that these idiots do towards Derry.

You don't like Orlaith a lot Bright-Oak? Why? She clearly looks up to you, maybe you could encourage her opinions a bit more?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:I might be biased but no Derry posters post the bitterness towards Tyrone that these idiots do towards Derry.

You don't like Orlaith a lot Bright-Oak? Why? She clearly looks up to you, maybe you could encourage her opinions a bit more?

She just posts a lot of silly stuff sometimes. I know she's young but she is like our version of Dellboyfatcat sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Orlaith is some laugh, imagine putting 6 Derry players on an Ulster team of the year! And she must have some thing for Kielt the amount of time she goes on about him.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:07 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Orlaith is some laugh, imagine putting 6 Derry players on an Ulster team of the year! And she must have some thing for Kielt the amount of time she goes on about him.

I know, it is also so obvious her and Doiregurlie were the same person. God love her but she doesnt have a clue, she put Tommy Freeman on it as well, Barry Mc Goldrick Joe Diover!!lol for the love of God!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:09 pm

I think she changed her name to copy you Bright-Oak. You post as Niamh so she posts as Orlaith!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I think she changed her name to copy you Bright-Oak. You post as Niamh so she posts as Orlaith!

I actually though that as well. She is much like Dell in that she has to be replying to every thread. On the Derry page she asks a question and replies to herself 3 times!!

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:14 pm

I know, the one Monaghan player she puts is Tommy, by jesus...

We'll be doing well to get any on it, doubt we will though. Best bet is a back, would be nice to see McArdle take one at/near the end of his career and he did have a good year all round but he was taken to the cleaners in the last day. Darren Hughes would also be in with a decent shout for us but not high profile enough. Don't think we'll get any, will be dominated by Tyrone and Antrim, with a few Donegal ones and 2 Derry men.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:18 pm

My uncle was telling me this

He was talking to a Derry GAA fan and before Armagh won the All Ireland he said that Sam will never be in Armagh, he replied there will never be a London in Armagh either.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:My uncle was telling me this

He was talking to a Derry GAA fan and before Armagh won the All Ireland he said that Sam will never be in Armagh, he replied there will never be a London in Armagh either.

Proud of that one are you?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:59 pm

mid-mon man wrote:I know, the one Monaghan player she puts is Tommy, by jesus...

We'll be doing well to get any on it, doubt we will though. Best bet is a back, would be nice to see McArdle take one at/near the end of his career and he did have a good year all round but he was taken to the cleaners in the last day. Darren Hughes would also be in with a decent shout for us but not high profile enough. Don't think we'll get any, will be dominated by Tyrone and Antrim, with a few Donegal ones and 2 Derry men.

Paddy Bradley and Geard O Kane only certs for us, Goal keeper is anyone's guess. I put mc Ardle in my selection.

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 pm

As an Antrim man I have time for fellow aristocrats like Cavan and Monaghan, but these "new money" people from the likes of Tyrone, Down and Derry, jumped up nobodies the lot of them.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:14 pm

patrique wrote:As an Antrim man I have time for fellow aristocrats like Cavan and Monaghan, but these "new money" people from the likes of Tyrone, Down and Derry, jumped up nobodies the lot of them.

What Patrique just because Cavan were winning All Irelands and Antrim and Monaghan Ulsters makes them somewhat better than the teams nowadays? Catch yourself on, the teams that have been winning All Irelands in the last few years have every right to be proud of themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:50 pm

jumped up nobodies - like antrim hurlers who new money or old rope havent won an allireland at senior level since when patrique? in my lifetime they made one final and nicky english bate them out the gate. sure you's went to leinster this year and were successful in being the worst team in it!

any team that wins an allireland is no nobody weather its cavan 47 down 60/61 /68 or armagh or tyrone in the new millenium.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next