GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corcaigh v Dún na nGall - Pairc Ui Chrócaigh - 2 Lúnasa 2009 - 14:00

+10
clash-of-da-ash
bocerty
mid-mon man
SamiPremier08
bald eagle
mossbags
patrique
Jayo Cluxton
Shinners
RMDrive
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Corcaigh v Dún na nGall - Pairc Ui Chrócaigh - 2 Lúnasa 2009 - 14:00 Empty Corcaigh v Dún na nGall - Pairc Ui Chrócaigh - 2 Lúnasa 2009 - 14:00

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm happy enough with this draw tbh. There was going to be no easy one at this stage but I'm happy to have avoided Tyrone and Dublin. We lost a QF to Cork in 2006 by a point in a decent game and I'd like to think the lads will be out to get one back. Of course Cork will start as favourites (and rightly so) but nothing has really changed for the boys. They are heading into their 3rd game in a row where they will be written off. If they can keep the intensity levels up and if Cork turn up a little rusty we might be in with a chance. This is a mighty Cork team though and it's just as easy to imagine them destroying us at MF and blasting though the centre of our defence given the power and pace they have.

Last edited by RMDrive on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Corcaigh v Dún na nGall - Pairc Ui Chrócaigh - 2 Lúnasa 2009 - 14:00 Empty Re: Corcaigh v Dún na nGall - Pairc Ui Chrócaigh - 2 Lúnasa 2009 - 14:00

Post  Shinners Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 pm

Should be a good game and I wouldn't write off Donegal's chances at all. Lacey, Monaghan and McGee were fantastic against Galway and having already accounted for the likes of the Bradleys, Meehan and the Joyces, they wont fear Corks forwards at all.
On the flip side though, could Donegal's exertions of the last 2 weeks catch up with them?

Its been a while since the Munster final so while Cork might have learnt from their scare v Limerick, they could be a bit rusty and a high flying Donegal could catch them out.

Should be a good game either way.
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Corcaigh v Dún na nGall - Pairc Ui Chrócaigh - 2 Lúnasa 2009 - 14:00 Empty Re: Corcaigh v Dún na nGall - Pairc Ui Chrócaigh - 2 Lúnasa 2009 - 14:00

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:50 am

No offence RMD - but I would've fancied Donegal or the winners of Meath-Limerick. But this Donegal team are hanging in there fair play to them. Football in August - would you have thought it!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:10 am

Antrim beat Donegal, although I did say that Donegal would win Ulster.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:03 pm

I remember RMD saying something along the lines of these being the darkest times he could ever remember for Donegal football earlier in the year. And now a QF in Croke Park. Goes to show ya. Donegal will beat Cork as well. Cork are incredibly over-rated and Donegal are poised nicely. Lacey might be FOTY yet.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:10 pm

mossbags wrote:I remember RMD saying something along the lines of these being the darkest times he could ever remember for Donegal football earlier in the year. And now a QF in Croke Park. Goes to show ya. Donegal will beat Cork as well. Cork are incredibly over-rated and Donegal are poised nicely. Lacey might be FOTY yet.

True Moss. Being a Donegal supporter involves an emotional rollercoaster than I'd say very few counties come close to. I'd love to know what changed before the Derry game. The tradmark of the last 2 games has been intensity, and that was nowhere in existence prior to that (even in the league really).
I don't think I'd agree with you about Cork though. They are rated highly for a reason and while I think they might have struggled with confidence and belief against Kerry, I think they'll look at Donegal and be very comfortable about their chances.
I reckon Lacey has done enough this year to get a nomination of an all star. anythink more will depend on Sunday.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:15 pm

He's all talk now, not a pip for weeks after the Antrim game bounce Basketball
Good man RMD, enjoy the buzz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:18 pm

mossbags wrote:He's all talk now, not a pip for weeks after the Antrim game bounce Basketball
Good man RMD, enjoy the buzz

Some of only talk when we've something to talk about Twisted Evil
Anyway, might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

[Plus I'm on holidays this week!]
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:26 pm

I have no doubt in my mind that Donegal were inspired to victory over Galway due to my adoption of them as "my team" in the Championship after they thrashed Derry good and proper like!

Donegal will pop the Cork!!! Jez RMD, at least you get a run out of Donegal the odd year, we're starved for big days out in Croker! If it wasn't for the Little Oaks we'd have nothing to shout about (at times!)

Enjoy it my good man!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:25 pm

JJ has gone with an unchanged starting 15. A fair reward for the lads who have dragged us through the last 2 games.

M Boyle,
F McGlynn,
N McGee,
K Lacey,
B Dunnion,
B Monaghan,
E McGee,
B Boyle,
K Cassidy,
R Kavanagh (c),
B Roper,
L McLoone,
C Dunne,
M Murphy,
C McFadden.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:22 pm

really hope Donegal win this one. judging by what I've seen this year, they are in with a chance as well.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:39 pm

Interesting one this, and I think Donegal will take it! Not a chance I would have thought that just a few weeks ago but what a difference a couple of weeks makes. Donegal are a real enigma, it's one extreme or the other with them most of the time, but they have now hit a hot streak and when that happens they're very dangerous, especially when they're still underdogs as they are now for the 3rd week in a row. Alot of talent there and when they're on form they can mix it with the best of them. I had Cork down as serious contenders before the championship started and should they overcome Donegal they can still have a real say, but they're in real danger of being caught out, which I suspect will happen. Donegal are on a real roll now whereas Cork are after a long lay-off and coming in cold. You could call it the other way and say Cork are coming in fresh against Donegal who will be out on their feet after so much football, but I don't think this will affect Donegal for now.

It will be a tight game no doubt, with plenty of twists and turns, but I have a feeling Donegal will prevail. I hope they do anyway, always liked Donegal.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:33 am

hard to know which Donegal team will turn up come Sunday, but then the exact same could be said of Cork. Cork have had a long break which is not ideal and no amount of training and challenge matches can be a substitute for 'real' championship football. Donegal will ne no pushovers for this big physical Cork team guys like Monaghan Cassidy the Mc Gee's Mc Fadden etc are more than capable of holding their own and Roper is well known for punching above his weight.

Alot of pressure will be on the shoulders of Murphy and Mc Fadden but i think they will rise to the challenge. Donegal by 2 pts.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:35 am

I'd say Cork will have too much for Donegal who have done well to get this far but won't go any further.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 pm

This is painful to watch, Cork running through Donegal like they're not even there. Thought Donegal would perform much better but Cork looking impressive.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Yeah. I have John Miskella in my team for Fantasy. YEESSSS!!!!!

Pitch not in great shape either.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:45 pm

Jesus aye, wish I had Miskella in my team ahead of Barry Monaghan! Also thankfully McFadden and Murphy weren't eligible as I could well have picked them both. Combined with Bray getting sent off last night it doesn't bode well for my team's chances.

Awful showing altogether, Cork playing like a team that has serious intentions this year, Donegal not interested in stopping them. I couldn't have been more wrong in my pre match analysis! Sure we'll see how the second half pans out but even if Donegal dramatically improve I can't see Cork letting up.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:52 pm

I switched in Rory Kavanagh instead of Murphy. Not doing a lot.

On a seperate note that new GAA/Racing advert is class.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:53 pm

This match is suppose to be on BBC2 NI but it isnt!!
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Fcuk sake Miskella would ye stop scoring!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:10 pm

That was a great inclusion MMM, wasn't it?

RMDrive said on the chatbox last night he'd take a 4 or 5 point defeat. Did he ask too much?

It also begs the question how bad are Derry and Galway?

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:13 pm

If you have sky channel 167 the match is on.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 pm

Good inclusion surely Loyal, now I've minus points for both Quirke and Monaghan because of that goal! Brutal weekend for me so far.

Really didn't think the game would end up like this, 4 or 5 point defeat would be alot nicer than this, but I really thought Donegal had a great chance. Cork vs. Tyrone(presumably) in the semi-final should be a cracker.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:36 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:This match is suppose to be on BBC2 NI but it isnt!!

I just watched it on BBC to see McHugh.

Nice to see that Ulster football is still dominant, well it will be on HS.

Cork have beaten Kerry 4 times this decade, and COULD meet Kerry's other conquerors this decade.

If they have the belief, they certainly have the pace and strength to worry anyone.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Will people say Cork are great or donegal bad.
Puts dubs into context. Meath beat Limerick and Dubs are ahead of the pack at the moment with Tyrone
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next