GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Donegal

+6
SamiPremier08
RMDrive
bald eagle
GAA-Fan
Jayo Cluxton
mid-mon man
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well done Donegal Empty Well done Donegal

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Best team won. We were a disaster, Murphy and Mc Fadden roasted our half back line Sean Marty beat MM to about 2 balls MM won the rest, DC had no tactics like I said before he has little cohesion with the players and I hsve gone off him since the Tyrone game. Why he kept Enda Lynn on was a joke, missed a scoring opportunity at the end of extra time to level the game. James Kielt had a few good scores, he had Doc out of position, too Diver off when he was winning everything in midfield til he was subbed then we didn't win one breaking ball after it, Just a shambles.

Ref was good enough, only thing I have to point out is Skinner being dragged from pillar to post and not getting one free for it, suppose if you've a history of being a bit of a Ronaldo they don't take things at face value. PB being injured was a big miss and Mc Guckin was a bigger miss than we though he was going to be. We needed a big game from Lynch, Kielt and O Kane unfortunately it wasn't big enough.

On the grand scale of things with no disrespect I can't see Donegal having a major say from here on in, I would fancy any of the 1/4 finalist losers to beat them. Can't see by Tyrone this year think they will win at a canter, Dubs and Mayo their only big opponents, can't see Cork making too much of a headway Kerry have shown how poor they are so the defeat by Cork maybe made Cork look better than they are. Don't really rate Galway either but time will tell.

Whats another year! =)

Back to top Go down

Well done Donegal Empty Re: Well done Donegal

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:33 pm

Bright-Oak, if ever you need a shoulder to cry on, you can cry all your little Derry tears on me! Cool

In other news, me, MMM and GF all agreed on the chatbox earlier that you (well Dery posters in general) would be calling for DC's head - how right we were. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Bright-Oak, if ever you need a shoulder to cry on, you can cry all your little Derry tears on me! Cool

In other news, me, MMM and GF all agreed on the chatbox earlier that you (well Dery posters in general) would be calling for DC's head - how right we were. Razz

I don't like DC have have made that abundantly clear the past number of weeks. He has issues with several of the players from what I have heard; Mc Cloy and Murphy he took dislikes to and we could have done with Murphy on this evening but he wasn't on, he put on Lynn who is the biggest tube to ever grace Derry football, Gavin Mc Shane who plays division 5 football in Derry but failed to put on Cailean O Boyle who scored 1-06 in the championship v Ballinderry and 5 or 6 points against Bellaghy. it just defies logic. I looked over at him several times and he wasn't dictating where players were to be or what to do just stood with his armed folded. In my personal opinion John Brennan should have been the ban to get the Derry job when it was decided, however if I were to choose any manager it would be Adrian Mc Guckin, the man has a proven track record, one of the best managers Derry has ever seen, he's won an All Ireland in B'derry backround team, he's won numerous Hogans with St Pats and he won Sigerson with UUJ last year.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:51 pm

Woudl you not want Bradley senior, or would he not swap Antrim for Derry now?
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:55 pm

mid-mon man wrote:Woudl you not want Bradley senior, or would he not swap Antrim for Derry now?

Don't think he could manage Derry with paddy and eoin. Too much **** with come along with the job, as mickey Harte, Joe Kernan found out. However it it told the same story as Eamon and Gary Coleman 16 years ago I would love him to manage derry!

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:57 pm

Did you see Road to Croker last night? Was a bit about the 3 Bradleys on it.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:00 am

mid-mon man wrote:Did you see Road to Croker last night? Was a bit about the 3 Bradleys on it.

Naw never seen it, was wrecked only back off hols yest.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:01 am

mid-mon man wrote:Did you see Road to Croker last night? Was a bit about the 3 Bradleys on it.

Lucky they didn't hold it til next week so!!! Well done RMD - I'd say you are a happy man!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:54 am

Peter McDonnell has said that he is interested in taking Derry backwards.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:57 am

GAA-Fan wrote:Peter McDonnell has said that he is interested in taking Derry backwards.

We already have DC doing that for us...youse can keep him.lol

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:59 am

Bright-Oak wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:Peter McDonnell has said that he is interested in taking Derry backwards.

We already have DC doing that for us...youse can keep him.lol

I think P McD is in a class of his own to be honest. If he stays in for another year he wuld have taken Armagh so far back that they will be playing without a kit and kicking rocks about a field - ooo the stone age here we come!

Last edited by GAA-Fan on Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:00 am

lol @ GAA-FAN

By the way, Derry get first dibbs on Micko if he leaves Wicklow! Cuz I say so!

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:07 am

Ye may start the fundraising now then BO.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:14 am

I want shot of Cassidly I have taken a real disliking to him and I just don't think he's living up the the expectations I had.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:21 am

I have a feeling that Armagh wont be sponsored by Morgan Fuels next year. Boyle sports may very well be our next sponsor but hopefully we will get a bit more money out of them for development.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:23 am

GAA-Fan wrote:I have a feeling that Armagh wont be sponsored by Morgan Fuels next year. Boyle sports may very well be our next sponsor but hopefully we will get a bit more money out of them for development.

Copying us with Ladbrokes! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:26 am

Bright-Oak wrote:
GAA-Fan wrote:I have a feeling that Armagh wont be sponsored by Morgan Fuels next year. Boyle sports may very well be our next sponsor but hopefully we will get a bit more money out of them for development.

I think Derry cost the bookies a lot of money tonight. Shocked

With Armagh there is an added incentive, the owner of Boylesports is from Armagh he has previously offered to sponsor them.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:32 am

GAA-Fan wrote:

Derry made the bookies a lot of money - believe me!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 am

Morgan Fuels has been Armagh sponsor as long as I can remember, much like Arrnotts.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:38 am

Firstly, congrats to Donegal and i hope RMD got pissed last night! I said at the start of the year that i was worried about us playing Donegal and unfortunately i was proved right! I want to watch the game again before i post any of my views on it.

I think it's laughable to call for Damian Cassidy's head, but then again that is the Derry mentallity, if it's not going right sack the manager! After all, we done well when we sacked Eamon Coleman RIP, Mickey Moran x2 and Paddy Crozier didn't we?

Personally, i want Cassidy kept in the job for another 2 years, for Gods sake let us keep a manager for the full term and look past rival club hatred for once!

Adrian McGuckian may well have been a good Colleges manager, when St. Pats were the only college in Derry playing in the McRory Cup (therefore they had the pull for any good young player who wanted to play in it) and was offered the Derry job before but lacked the balls to do it on his own. He went in as Co-Manager with Coleman in the so called "dream team" and quit after a year! I have expressed my views to MMM on Banty not having the guts for Inter-County management after the song and dance he has made every time Monaghan get knocked out, but McGuckian is at another level!

At least Banty had the balls to take over at Monaghan, McGuckian never even gave himself the chance even though he would have coached about 70% of the Derry panel at some stage, all of the panel would have had 100% respect for him, and all of Derry would have wanted him to take the job but he simply didn't have the guts for the fight!

Cassidy is the right man for Derry, we just aren't the force that we think we are and it's about time we realised that. If anyone will get us up to the next level it will be Cassidy not Bradley that would have the tools to do it. The only person i would want from Antrim is Niall Conway, easily the best young coach in Ireland and i'd put a lot of the Antrim success down to his input, the only thing i would swap with Antrim would be their Ulster Championship draw!

Last edited by bald eagle on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:48 am

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la lala la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't want to hear about the next game or how weak we are or how we have only papered over the cracks. This is why we follow our county teams. Give me my moment!!!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:50 am

had a feeling I should tip Donegal this week, guess what...I didn't.
Typical.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:10 pm

GAA-Fan wrote:
Bright-Oak wrote:

With Armagh there is an added incentive, the owner of Boylesports is from Armagh he has previously offered to sponsor them.

Spoils are from Fundalk. And a big shower of thieves, you will not find. A joke of a bookmaker.

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Its headquarters are in Dundalk.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:04 pm

BE I don't think he is the right man, nothing this year bar the 2nd Monaghan game has shown and glimmer of managerial input and dare I say it I think his tactics only won by fluke that day as Monaghan left Paddy and Eoin exposed for so long during the game. In last nights game I looked at him a few times and he was motionless, didn't make any tactical changes, when it was clear Lockhart was being roasted by Murphy he should have changed his marker, when we were getting cleaned out in midfield he should have moved Doc back instead of having him in full forward a position he has never previously played for club or county. His choice of subs, enda lynn and gavin mc shane? WTF?! Lynn has shown time and again he shites himself on the big stage so why keep insisting on him. Paul Murphy sitting on the bench would have been good for a second half, Cailean O Boyle has more experience than Gavin Mc Shane as high level football surely he would have been a better sub than Mc Shane. Why did he take Mullan off when he was winning ball, and he too did a lot better than Lynn. The amount of tactical errors he makes every game are laughable. He did not make one tactical change in the Tyrone game he might as well have sat at home watching it on TV for all the good he did that day.

If It was this time 3 years ago I would be less likely to want him out, but at the end of the day you have to look at the fact that PB, Muldoon, Doc etc are reaching their peak and have maybe another 3 years left at most Mc Cloy and Sean Marty have one year max if they aren't already on the way out. To get anywhere near the AL platform we need these players, so Derry's fate ios in Cassidys hands now more so than ever.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next