GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAA set to announce SKY Sports deal

+3
bald eagle
champers
Thomas Clarke
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GAA set to announce SKY Sports deal - Page 2 Empty Re: GAA set to announce SKY Sports deal

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:28 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Sky-boxes (with surplus vibro-plate) for sale....Contact Boxty.
We mighn't win many Sams, but we're always ready for the fast buck. I'm looking at them as I photographed them, a quick tweak - €100  (The Crane), €100 for cabling and fitting (Dauber) and Introductory fee €100 (Boxty) and you have the full package, Sky Sports/Movies/Documentaries - the lot for a year for €300.

Now lads, for God's sake, am I robbing you?

GAA set to announce SKY Sports deal - Page 2 Sky11

I'd suggest one goes to the winner of the Tipster competition, but I'm still waiting on the Florida villa I was promised from last year.  I did, however, get Emmet Ryan's book...
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

GAA set to announce SKY Sports deal - Page 2 Empty Re: GAA set to announce SKY Sports deal

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:41 am

In a fit of generosity I'll throw in the book as well. My favourite grand-daughter was quite fond of the phrase "the early bird catches the worm" and used it well, until I advocated the codicil "the second mouse gets the cheese" line. The Boy-Scout motto "bí ullamh" or be prepared is always cogent.....

GAA set to announce SKY Sports deal - Page 2 Sky12
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:03 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
I'd suggest one goes to the winner of the Tipster competition, but I'm still waiting on the Florida villa I was promised from last year.  I did, however, get Emmet Ryan's book...

Are you mad or what? I/We**  pale can yoke up half the country for this Sky thing for the full year for as little as €500 for the lot. Do you think that Rupert Murdoch could out-fox the Fenagh Three... Suspect 

Once the hoors have electricity and €500 the rest is simple. We're sussing things out at the moment, Dan has the ladders/vans/access to boxes (about 10 different versions on Boxty's floor as I type). The Crane (temporarily indisposed with a Nationilisation party on Monday - we're all going) will provide the systems
set-up and Boxty will add gravitas and marketing experience.

Meanwhile other fookers moan about things. In fact, from the comfort of my armchair, the future never looked brighter.

** You want me to forfeit €500....Gerrout!
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:32 am

Boxty, just found out that I can get the whole sky package for £120 per year! It's by using card sharing on a box linked to the tinterweb, sure it's worth a crack for that money?

On TCs post, I agree wholeheartedly on all he said, I have been pretty vocal about it and stand by all I said! Jesus, Sky made Darts massive......and that's just two fat lads on a stage chucking things!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun May 25, 2014 12:32 am

The GAA advert went live on Sky this week, haven't seen it myself, but a couple of youngsters at work approached me separately both saying that they had seen the ad and we're looking forward to seeing the games, they even enquired into local GAA clubs in the region! A sign of things to come? One can only hope!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2