GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marty Duffy as a referee.

5 posters

Go down

Marty Duffy as a referee. Empty Marty Duffy as a referee.

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:40 pm

One word describes this buffoon..Scandalous.

Aside from the many, yes many, ludicrous card decisions in today's Connacht club final, there was one outstanding moment:

With 58m. on the clock, Kiltoom leading by 1, he called a break in play (an imagined infraction by Frankie Dolan). He then checked both watches, with all the acumen of a dog looking up at thunder claps.

2 minutes allotted (I'm aware of the rule) but with 3.38 gone he blows (and red carded Ian Kilbride) for an innocuous leap on a Castlebar lad 20 yds out.....Equaliser.

The rest is history. Shambolic in the extreme.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Marty Duffy as a referee. Empty Re: Marty Duffy as a referee.

Post  bocerty Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:One word describes this buffoon..Scandalous.

Aside from the many, yes many, ludicrous card decisions in today's Connacht club final, there was one outstanding moment:

With 58m. on the clock, Kiltoom leading by 1, he called a break in play (an imagined infraction by Frankie Dolan). He then checked both watches, with all the acumen of a dog looking up at thunder claps.

2 minutes allotted (I'm aware of the rule) but with 3.38 gone he blows (and red carded Ian Kilbride) for an innocuous leap on a Castlebar lad 20 yds out.....Equaliser.

The rest is history. Shambolic in the extreme.
he wasnt the only buffoon on that pitch Boxty that fecking eejit Curran wasnt far behind him. At one stage he was holding his face like he had just been hit by a sledgehammer the next he is looking up at a team mate laughing his nuts off.

Have to say though boxty, that red card for Kilbride was deserved - that was a tackle intended to do harm and that lad hit his head some slap when he went down. Silly time and place to give away a free i know he was tired but all he had to do was stand the lad up.

Never liked Duffy as a ref - the game has to be all about him
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaa_lover Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 am

The red card for Darragh Donnelly a few minutes into extra time didn't make much sense either and that moment alone probably cost Brigids their title. I thought Ian Kilbride,Barry Moran were mistimed tackles and a ref with common sense would only give a yellow. I think he knew he made a mistake sending off Barry Moran and then did all he could to get a draw for Castlebar in normal time.

Gaa_lover
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

New York
Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Word is reaching me that "there may have been an altercation" between a certain player and officialdom in the aftermath of this match. Some of the context is vague, ie. was it the 4th.or primary official.

One relatively established opinion confirms the player as being Frankie Dolan of St.Bridgets (Kiltoom).
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Word is reaching me that "there may have been an altercation" between a certain player and officialdom in the aftermath of this match. Some of the context is vague, ie. was it the 4th.or primary official.

One relatively established opinion confirms the player as being Frankie Dolan of St.Bridgets (Kiltoom).
Has word also reached you about the 48 week suspension?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:46 pm

RMDrive wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:Word is reaching me that "there may have been an altercation" between a certain player and officialdom in the aftermath of this match. Some of the context is vague, ie. was it the 4th.or primary official.

Has word also reached you about the 48 week suspension?
Who's going to break the news to him that Nelson Mandela is dead?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down