GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kilkenny Footballers for British JFC 2013

4 posters

Go down

Kilkenny Footballers for British JFC 2013 Empty Kilkenny Footballers for British JFC 2013

Post  bald eagle Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:14 pm

I actually asked Paul Donnelly in the Q&A we never got back about his thoughts on KK playing in this comp, great foresight by myself there! Honestly, i can't believe the British GAA allowed this to happen, but it is a great solution for KK. Article taken from Irish Independant online -

Kilkenny footballers will ply their trade exclusively in Britain next year after opting out of the National Football League and the Leinster junior and U-21 championships.

The draft fixtures for the league, which have been circulated to counties and are still subject to change, do not include Kilkenny in what is now an eight-team Division 4 again.

Kilkenny have been on the receiving end of some very bad defeats in the league and underage football championships in recent years, culminating in the 50-point defeat to Louth in this year's Leinster U-21 series.

The GAA have given the green light for their move to Britain, which will see them play teams from London and other parts of England and Scotland in a redrawn British championship next summer.

The competition is being run off along the lines of the Christy Ring Cup and the winners will gain entry to the All-Ireland junior championship.

It is viewed as the most sensible solution to the sequence of morale-sapping defeats that have become commonplace for Kilkenny since their return to the league in 2008 after a period of hibernation.

Their only victory came against London.

The move into a much less competitive environment received unanimous approval at Monday night's Kilkenny County Board meeting and is understood to have involved GAA president Liam O'Neill behind the scenes.

Kilkenny will travel to Britain for all their games next June and those trips will be financed with the help of the GAA.

Kilkenny have been out of their depth, even in Division 4 and this year suffered a 9-23 to 0-4 defeat to Fermanagh.

Your views please? I think the GAA should let Europe have a team in this now too as the game is growing well there.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Kilkenny Footballers for British JFC 2013 Empty Re: Kilkenny Footballers for British JFC 2013

Post  Parouisa Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 am

Did we have the Kilkenny footballer Q&A?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Kilkenny Footballers for British JFC 2013 Empty Re: Kilkenny Footballers for British JFC 2013

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:23 pm

I can see a sudden interest in football in Kilkenny. A weekend in London,Liverpool, Leeds affraid ,etc .Very tempting. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Parouisa wrote:Did we have the Kilkenny footballer Q&A?

No, unfortunately not. Especially as i asked him about this very topic! Have you read the Europe Q&A?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 pm

KK will struggle to get to the final of the All Britain (&KK), a side like Lancashire will tear them apart. I seen that 2 of their players saying that players will pull out for various reasons, if this happens then they aren't as dedicated to the KK football cause as they say!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:42 am

bald eagle wrote:No, unfortunately not. Especially as i asked him about this very topic! Have you read the Europe Q&A?

I refuse to answer that question without Joe Brolly present .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Good enough idea. It'll generate a bit of interest at home for the UK football scene as well (for the first year at least). This is the level that Kilkenny should be playing at. Which itself is a disgrace. Most senior club teams would throw a better stab at it than Kilkenny do. Withdraw all funding from them I say.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down