GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions wanted for Na Toraidhe Hurling Club, Philadelphia

+2
patsymc
bald eagle
6 posters

Go down

Questions wanted for Na Toraidhe Hurling Club, Philadelphia Empty Questions wanted for Na Toraidhe Hurling Club, Philadelphia

Post  bald eagle Wed May 16, 2012 2:19 pm

We have had 2 brilliant Q&A’s with club units and the next installment of will see us pose questions to Kieran Donohue, PRO of one of the newest clubs in the GAA, the newly formed Na Toraidhe Hurling Club, Philadelphia

This is your chance to pose questions to a Global GAA unit that is the very heartbeat of an Irish community overseas. We are a Global GAA site and the focus of our next segment gives you the opportunity to ask questions on all things GAA in Philadelphia. Below is a small snippet of information for you all -

Na Toraidhe, as a club in its own right, was officially formed in January of 2012 in the heart of the city which it would play, Philadelphia. While Philly had a noble pedigree in hurling in the late 90s to the mid-2000s, Hurling waned a bit towards the end of the decade, and in 2011 there was no hurling team from the city proper registered to play in GAA sanctioned games.

Thankfully, a group of former players of the Philadelphia Shamrocks hurling team kept the dream alive and used 2011 as a year to launch a big recruitment effort. Frank O’Meara, a former Tipperary Minor and Connacht schools Rugby wing, lead the charge. He was amply aided by a cohort of American players (too many to name) who had been committed to the sport for a number of years. The drive was a great success and resulted in a large number of American, and one or two Irish, players being introduced, or reintroduced, to the sport.

At the heart of this club, are the American born players whom make up the majority of the team. These guys are all accomplished athletes in different sporting codes and have taken to hurling in a remarkable way. The sports of Hockey, La Crosse, baseball and American football are all strongly represented among the team members.

While the team as Na Tóraidhe are still waiting for major honours, players on this team have won NCAB North American championships in the past, with the final of 2007 making the annuals classic Junior B finals

This is an opportunity for us to get closer to GAA personalities and clubs by asking prescreened questions, any questions you have should be PM'd to me, any questions that appear on this thread will be ignored. We will email the questions off to the relevant party and publish the interview on this site for you to view and comment on.

No other GAA forum has had the opportunity to undertake anything like this so please think of some questions we can ask. This is an amazing chance to grow the forum, its member base and our reputation in the GAA world.

All questions will be credited to the poster/s that asked them.

The closing time/date for questions is 2-30pm on Wednesday 26th May.

You MUST be an active poster on the site to have your questions considered, that is the only condition i ask for!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Questions wanted for Na Toraidhe Hurling Club, Philadelphia Empty Re: Questions wanted for Na Toraidhe Hurling Club, Philadelphia

Post  bald eagle Wed May 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Just for your info (and in the hope that you will not clog this thread up asking qiestions on this) the Dick Clerkin Q&A will appear as soon as i get it, please remember that he is a current county player and is bound to be busy at this time.

I will appreciate that you all want to see his answers to your questions and am hopeful that he will send them in soon. I am careful to not place any pressure on our subjects on time as this would detract from them taking part in the first place. Many thanks for your understanding.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Questions wanted for Na Toraidhe Hurling Club, Philadelphia Empty Re: Questions wanted for Na Toraidhe Hurling Club, Philadelphia

Post  bald eagle Thu May 17, 2012 10:58 am

Bump!

This is our first venture into hurling on 'In Focus', opefully we will see it as popular as other features with our posters!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Thu May 17, 2012 9:55 pm

my grandad was born there wonder could my cousins be involved in the gaa like i am
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri May 18, 2012 10:44 am

Hmmm, bump! Get a move on folks!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri May 18, 2012 11:30 am

bald eagle wrote:Hmmm, bump! Get a move on folks!

will definitely get a few to you before the deadline BE, i hope others see fit to do the same as this is a great initiative for the site
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun May 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Bump. Not impressed so far, hoping for a late push as 2 disappointing showings will really put the future of the feature in doubt.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun May 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Have the Dick Clerkin questions been answered?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun May 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Have the Dick Clerkin questions been answered?

see the second post of this thread Loyal.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 pm

bald eagle wrote:Bump. Not impressed so far, hoping for a late push as 2 disappointing showings will really put the future of the feature in doubt.

come on folks, if we all came up with 2 questions each, which shouldnt be hard, it would make BEs job here a bit easier.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon May 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Bump.......................

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue May 22, 2012 2:09 pm

24 hours to lockdown on what will (barring a late flurry) be the last 'In Focus' segment.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 22, 2012 2:42 pm

BE - you have produced some hugely interesting features on this topic with some top class names. But sometimes a thread may not hold enough interest for a member to ask questions. As it is there are very few 'hurling' people on the forum.

Personally - and just on this one, I don't really have a question to ask.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue May 22, 2012 11:49 pm

BE

Tried to send you a PM there but it's sitting in limbo in my Outbox.

Going to try and send it again. Can you let me know if it makes it through?
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed May 23, 2012 9:47 am

Got 'em B&W, cheers for that.

Just over 4 hours 'til lockdown folks, the late flurry is starting to happen! Some great questions coming in from our "non-hurling" posters, who make up the majority of questions.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu May 24, 2012 12:14 pm

In a staggering U Turn, i will be accepting questions until Monday morning at 11-59am. It's my feature, so i'll do what i like.......'cos that's how i roll!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu May 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Its exactly this kind of prevaricating and mind-changing that has this place in the state its in ......
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu May 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Parouisa wrote:Its exactly this kind of prevaricating and mind-changing that has this place in the state its in ......

I used to be indecisive, but now i'm not so sure.........

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu May 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Bump, seeing as some of our "hurling" men are on!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon May 28, 2012 9:07 am

Bump - Coming up to the end of the extended time limit now. Last chance to get 'em in folks.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down