GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions Wanted for.....

+2
Thomas Clarke
bald eagle
6 posters

Go down

Questions Wanted for..... Empty Questions Wanted for.....

Post  bald eagle Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 am

.....Former Derry captain Kevin McGuckin

I am delighted to announce that former Derry captain Kevin McGuckin has agreed to be the first 'In Focus' subject of 2013 and the first since we became globalgaa.com. Unless you have lived under a rock (or in Leitrim) you will know who Kevin is, if not i have compiled a short bio of him for you to read -

Kevin McGuckin is a member of Derrys famous Ballinderry Shamrocks club and has been a part of one of the finest group of players that Derry club football has ever seen, winning every honour the game had to offer at underage level in Derry & Ulster then continuing this vein of form when reaching Senior level. He helped Ballinderry appear in 10 of the last 14 Derry SFC finals, winning 6 of these (2001, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, & 2012), captaining the side in 2011. Kevin was part of the Ballinderry side that lifted the Andy Merrigan Cup in 2002 when they defeated Nemo Rangers to become All Ireland Senior Football Club Champions.

A Derry player from 2002 until his retirement in 2011, Kevin captained his county in 2007 and picked up a National Football League winners medal in 2008 and helped them get to the final again in 2009 as well as an Ulster SFC Final in 2011. In 2004 he was selected to represent Ulster in the Interprovincial Championship that they won. Widely regarded as one of the finest defenders of his generation, he is a player that has won almost every honour in the game, with the only medals missing from his collection being the Ulster SFC & All Ireland SFC.

This is an opportunity for us to get closer to GAA personalities and clubs by asking prescreened questions, any questions you have should be PM'd to me, any questions that appear on this thread will be ignored. I will email the questions off to the relevant party and publish the interview on this site for you to view and comment on once I receive them back.

No other GAA forum has had the opportunity to undertake anything like this so please think of some questions we can ask. This is an amazing chance to grow the forum, its member base and our reputation in the GAA world.

All questions will be credited to the poster/s that asked them.

The closing date and time for question submissions is Friday 1st February at 14-00

I am delighted that Kevin has agreed to this, get thinking about the type of question that you would like to ask him and make sure you sent them to me before the deadline, ask as many questions as you like and on whatever topic you like. I will look through them and select the most relevant for Kevin to answer, all questions are given the same amount of consideration before they are collated and sent off.

Only questions from active posters will be considered, if you are not signed up or active then sign up and start posting NOW!

Last edited by bald eagle on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Questions Wanted for..... Empty Re: Questions Wanted for.....

Post  Thomas Clarke Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Great stuff, BE. Another Tyrone legend! Very Happy
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 pm

[quote="bald eagle"]I am delighted to announce that former Derry captain Kevin McGuckin has agreed to be the first 'In Focus' subject of 2013 and the first since we became globalgaa.com. Unless you have lived under a rock (or in Leitrim) you will know who Kevin is, if not i have compiled a short bio of him for you to read -

quote]

Bald Eagle's penchant for dismissing, in the early months of the year, those he percieves as more dis-enfranchised than himself continues un-abated. I note, however, that his attitude mellows as the year progresses, so I'm prepared to let this one slide.

I see myself at the end of this clip addressing BE..... Wink

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:42 pm

Get the finger out lads! GF, can you message all members about this?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Bumpety bump bump. Not long left folks!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 pm

bald eagle wrote:Bumpety bump bump. Not long left folks!

I will get something to you before the deadline
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:24 am

bald eagle wrote:Get the finger out lads! GF, can you message all members about this?

No problem BE, will send out a message tonight.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:32 pm

Just over 12 hours until the door slams shut on your chances of asking a GAA great the question of your choice, are you going to let it slip then regret it for the rest of your life? No? Thought not! PM me your questions for Kevin before 2pm Friday!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Slight reprieve for anyone wishing to take part in 'In Focus', i am on my way to Cardiff for the Rugby and haven't had a chance to collate all the questions. I'll leave the window open until i recover, i mean get a minute which will likely be Monday morning. Keep 'em coming!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:04 pm

Calling RMD

Remove this voting thingy post-haste......It's slowing down the board..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Calling RMD

Remove this voting thingy post-haste......It's slowing down the board..

I can't help you Boxty.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down