GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gibraltar calling

5 posters

Go down

Gibraltar calling Empty Gibraltar calling

Post  3inarow08 Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Just had a second interview for a job in Gibraltar, there's a decent chance I could be offered the position.

I've never been there, but have read a bit about it and can see it's quite near Marbella and is on the Costa Del Sol. 300 days of sunshine a year (according to the highly unbiased official tourism website). I'll be working for the Queen's shilling, but unlike some on this forum, won't be paying much tax for her upkeep. Supposedly a good few Irish out there, according to one of the interviewers (a Dub bird).

Anyone ever been there? Any good? Wouldn't mind playing football out there but I can't see anything online, anyone know of any GAA club out there?

God I'll miss the Irish weather! Razz
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Gibraltar calling Empty Re: Gibraltar calling

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Sooner you than me ..... Will they supply the Barbary costume? It'll be very warm in it in them temperatures but good luck with it ..... Razz Razz Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:42 pm

I'll go ape of I have to provide my own!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:43 pm

3inarow08 wrote:I've never been there, but have read a bit about it and can see it's quite near Marbella and is on the Costa Del Sol. 300 days of sunshine a year (according to the highly unbiased official tourism website). I'll be working for the Queen's shilling, but unlike some on this forum, won't be paying much tax for her upkeep. Supposedly a good few Irish out there, according to one of the interviewers (a Dub bird).

A good few Dublin ex-pats living in "modest" pads in that neck of the woods...... affraid
You're probably taking a job as a taxation advisor to some of these salt of the earth folk Suspect ....Lads who've carried hods of blocks (cannabis) done line work (coke) and other assorted hard grift jobs....
Rumour has it, that despite the heat, the bullet proof vest is the commonest form of garb worn by these gentle people....Get one asap on arrival....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Yes Gibraltar can be a very violent place alright - and it isn't always gangsters that perpetuate the crimes ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:04 pm

[quote="Boxtyeater"]
3inarow08 wrote:I've never been there, but have read a bit about it and can see it's quite near Marbella and is on the Costa Del Sol. 300 days of sunshine a year (according to the highly unbiased official tourism website). I'll be working for the Queen's shilling, but unlike some on this forum, won't be paying much tax for her upkeep. Supposedly a good few Irish out there, according to one of the interviewers (a Dub bird).

A good few Dublin ex-pats living in "modest" pads in that neck of the woods...... affraid
You're probably taking a job as a taxation advisor to some of these salt of the earth folk Suspect ....Lads who've carried hods of blocks (cannabis) done line work (coke) and other assorted hard grift jobs....
Rumour has it, that despite the heat, the bullet proof vest is the commonest form of garb worn by these gentle people....Get one asap on arrival....[/quote

Evil or Very Mad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yes Gibraltar can be a very violent place alright - and it isn't always gangsters that perpetuate the crimes ....

still scum bags though

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Well boys if I get the offer it'll get a hell of a lot rougher!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:37 pm

'd Rate Gibraltar on a par with any of the countries that I have spent one hour in - Liechenstien, Isle of Man, Jersey, Geurnsey, Gibraltar, Madiera, Caymans etc - Holiday Inn - 20 minute board meeting and hand over the same flight out

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:01 am

OMAR wrote:'d Rate Gibraltar on a par with any of the countries that I have spent one hour in - Liechenstien, Isle of Man, Jersey, Geurnsey, Gibraltar, Madiera, Caymans etc - Holiday Inn - 20 minute board meeting and hand over the same fl

Omar and the uncle have been round the loop all right.....

Gibraltar calling Images13

You could tighten up the oul' sig. ther too lad, (when you get a minute/hour Wink )

BTW, I'm a fan of your uncle....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down