GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throw Ball

5 posters

Go down

Throw Ball Empty Throw Ball

Post  RMDrive Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:48 pm

Now there's n o doubt we have some fine skills in our games. Point taking, high fielding, tacking ...
But can someone please tell me what the hell we are looking for from players in the throw ball? These days it's a case of pushing the other player out of the way as hard as you can with your elbows, ****, legs ...
Was the original intention not to test a players high fielding ability? The sooner the current setup is changed the better.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Throw Ball Empty Re: Throw Ball

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:01 am

RMDrive wrote:Now there's n o doubt we have some fine skills in our games. Point taking, high fielding, tacking ...
But can someone please tell me what the hell we are looking for from players in the throw ball? These days it's a case of pushing the other player out of the way as hard as you can with your elbows, ****, legs ...
Was the original intention not to test a players high fielding ability? The sooner the current setup is changed the better.

I've been looking at the game for 50+ years and have seen it denigrate, in Congress Rulers Terms (5 year changes) for the last 30 years...To my mind at least, the halycon years of the game were the 1960's, when the old-fashioned skills of the game..high fielding, long foot passing, point scoring from distance were the order of the day...To be brought to ground by the emergence of Down in 60/61...It took a decade or more before their double winning team won the spanners over at Congress to "see it their way" but by the time theye'd won Sam in '68, they had breached the wall for reform.. Throw Ball Suspect

Negative football ethics, block-out football within your own 50yd.line..Dour football.

Dour football, dodgy adeptations, un-suitable or doubtful enactions of real skills....thank Down...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  hogan2010 Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:39 pm

You're welcome!! Throw Ball Icon_lol

hogan2010
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down
Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 pm

This still annoys my hole.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Must have missed this thread at the time.

The most amazing thing about a throw-ball is that a free is given within seconds of the ball being thrown. Seems a pointless way to restart the game when it is inevitable that the game will be stopped again seconds later.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:50 am

Bluearmy prepares to jump to the defence of his county....
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

While I could be accused of being obsessed, another year has gone by and I still don't understand this stupid, stupid rule.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down