GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tipp v cork all out classic or flop

+4
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
mossbags
hag and cheese
8 posters

Go down

Tipp v cork all out classic or flop Empty Tipp v cork all out classic or flop

Post  hag and cheese Wed May 26, 2010 1:36 am

To be honest I can't see it being a flop there too much history, There hasn't been more that 4/5 points between in the last 5 years.

I think it's a massive game for both for tipp now's the benchmark showing that they can push on from last year.... cork feel they have a lot to prove after all the ructions over the last few years, they've a proper build and preparation this year so the time for excuses is not more they simple have to produce.... if they don't they'll be a few high profile players playing their last season i would think which in the long term mightn't be a bad thing for cork as they can properly start to rebuild, I still think there are players on that panel due to the all-ireland winning team and also due to the player disputes there simple aren't up to it anymore.

But they are a team that could prove people wrong.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Tipp v cork all out classic or flop Empty Re: Tipp v cork all out classic or flop

Post  mossbags Wed May 26, 2010 2:03 am

Can Tipp reach the intensity of last year? I have my doubts. There's a few who believe they might not have to to beat Cork. They are wrong. Cork reaching the league final was a bonus considering this game is all they've had their minds on since the draw was made. I think Cussen can cut it at this level and Aisake, who along with his brother has something to prove after the Leagur Final, might make life uncomfortable for Paudie Maher on whom there is so much pressure this year. John Gardiner can dictate things here and so long as Cadogen, Kenny and Niall McArthy are showing no ill effects coming back from injury Cork, in front of a home crowd, have what it takes to knock the wind out of Liam Sheedy's sails.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Tipp v cork all out classic or flop Empty Re: Tipp v cork all out classic or flop

Post  hag and cheese Wed May 26, 2010 2:15 am

I think they can they improved in midfield this year maher is a lot better at distributing that ball than woodlock was.... also there an option at full back curran he marked aiske last year and although was a hand full aisike only got a point I wouldn't be surprised if maher could operate on the wing.... aiske can win ball but can do much with it i think he needs to prove himself. Cussen is definately a danger won't disagree with that.

There might be a surprise in the tipp full forward line young lad called up after the league scoring goals for fun in the club championship and challenge matches big steo up but we need a full forward can't keep rotating kelly corbett and callinan in the position during the game.

Moss i don't know how you rate niall macarthy I think he has only ever produced 1 brilliant proformance for cork and that was in an all-ireland where he slotted over a few points he's not a scoring forward. He constantly not started or subbed when started. He was subbed in the last two games against tipp and i think in one he was brought on and subbed off again.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed May 26, 2010 2:39 am

He's nothing amazing Hag but is a confidence player and the type who can
hit a good day every now and then and cause problems.
I heard young Bugsy O Meara might be called up alright.He'd want to be
as good as they say or Cadogan will ate him. Whats the word on young Hennessy Hag? He was inspirational in Fitzgibbon. Is he likely to start d'you reckon?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed May 26, 2010 10:08 am

With the disappointing start to the football season and the proliferation of the whistleblowers charter I have to say I am looking forward to this one. It is being marketed well by RTE and I have to say the ads are whetting my appetite!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed May 26, 2010 1:16 pm

I just hope I can bloody well watch it
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu May 27, 2010 12:39 am

Slogging match, Tipp to hold on to an inevitable 3/4 point lead all through...

What say from The Clon man???
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu May 27, 2010 1:07 am

Cork by 3/4 they owe Tipp.
Tipp to have a big fall from grace this year
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu May 27, 2010 1:20 am

JimWexford wrote:Cork by 3/4 they owe Tipp.
Tipp to have a big fall from grace this year

Cork, shocking poor of late Jimbo...While Tipp have, I feel, peaked in 09, Cork's fall from grace began in 08..Tipp by 4 and if, failing that, it's surely Galway's or else the formbook is wrong....*

*Is Kilkenny a county that contest this competition?? Tipp v cork all out classic or flop Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Thu May 27, 2010 1:30 am

Hang on a sec lads the average age of the team would be about 22/23 and yet they've peaked already???

Also a point of note the cork team shows i think 2 changes from the team of 2 years ago when was under gerald McCarthy. The tipp team has possibly 8 changes from that game 2 years ago yet tipp are a team that obiously past it now. Tipp v cork all out classic or flop Icon_rolleyes

Cork are capable of beating tipp if things go right but this tipp team will be around for a long time.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Thu May 27, 2010 1:35 am

Moss I don't think hennessy will start but he turned into a good player this last year and is an option. When he first came on the scene i didn't rate him as a forward he's big and strong and has good skill but he becoming more prolific now must have been averaging 2-3 points a game in the league this year.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Thu May 27, 2010 9:10 am

Hopefully a classic munster matchs between these 2 teams are always worth looking at...Cant see either team making the final though unless they get favourable draws.. Tipp v cork all out classic or flop Icon_surprised
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu May 27, 2010 9:25 am

hag and cheese wrote:Hang on a sec lads the average age of the team would be about 22/23 and yet they've peaked already???

Also a point of note the cork team shows i think 2 changes from the team of 2 years ago when was under gerald McCarthy. The tipp team has possibly 8 changes from that game 2 years ago yet tipp are a team that obiously past it now. Tipp v cork all out classic or flop Icon_rolleyes

Cork are capable of beating tipp if things go right but this tipp team will be around for a long time.

Tipp haven't peaked the just played way over themselves for about 40/50 mins last year.
County that size and with the amount of clubs it has ( 30 senior hurling clubs I think of the top of the head) should be a the top table a lot more than there have been in later years since 1971 really.
Yes the have that lovely record of an AI every decade but they also went 8 years without winning a game in the munster champ.
With that brittle mentality always there its only a matter of time before the implode yet again.
Always produced great hurlers such as Pat Fox (to me the greatest I have ever seen in a Tipp jersey -winning AI's in the full back line , HB line and FF line) but a never the finished article.They got a soft run to an AI last year (can only beat that in front of you) and rode there luck getting there will not be so fortunate this year.
Its not that they peaked, it's they are no where near as good as people think they are.
Waterford or cork to win munster this year
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Thu May 27, 2010 11:59 am

Jim i don't see what history has to do with the current team but sure i'll let you rattle on anyways.... Take clare for example no history at all (thanks in part to biddy early according to them) and they put a team together and won 2 all-ireland in 3 years.

Well this is potentially a better team that the tipp team of the late 80's early 90's so i think they will win an all-ireland maybe not this year but soon.

But jim your entitled to your opinion but one of us gets to say i told you so on this!
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu May 27, 2010 2:33 pm

hag and cheese wrote:Jim i don't see what history has to do with the current team but sure i'll let you rattle on anyways.... Take clare for example no history at all (thanks in part to biddy early according to them) and they put a team together and won 2 all-ireland in 3 years.

Well this is potentially a better team that the tipp team of the late 80's early 90's so i think they will win an all-ireland maybe not this year but soon.

But jim your entitled to your opinion but one of us gets to say i told you so on this!
Just contradicted yourself you have given some of Clare's history there.
Agree with you regarding opinion we all have one and rarely do we all agree so best of luck to me on telling you " I told ya so?"
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu May 27, 2010 2:49 pm

It will all depend on whether Tipp put in a second half performance which they couldn't do last year. Having said that Tipp should beat Cork, their forwards seem to be better able to pick off scores compared with the Cork forwards which seem to rely heavily on Gardiner shooting long range points. Out of the twin towers only Cussen looks to be an intercounty hurler.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Thu May 27, 2010 4:01 pm

JimWexford wrote:
hag and cheese wrote:Jim i don't see what history has to do with the current team but sure i'll let you rattle on anyways.... Take clare for example no history at all (thanks in part to biddy early according to them) and they put a team together and won 2 all-ireland in 3 years.

Just contradicted yourself you have given some of Clare's history there.
Agree with you regarding opinion we all have one and rarely do we all agree so best of luck to me on telling you " I told ya so?"

Don't think i did really biddy early sums up most of the history of clare and she never even played for them.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down