GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAO Dubs

+2
bald eagle
SamiPremier08
6 posters

Go down

FAO Dubs Empty FAO Dubs

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 10, 2010 9:16 pm

SH Challenge:

Tipperary 5-25
Dublin 0-15

Wink
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

FAO Dubs Empty Re: FAO Dubs

Post  bald eagle Mon May 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Yep, All Irelands are won in Challenge matches! Sure the Dubs likely had their U-21s out!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 10, 2010 9:24 pm

bald eagle wrote:Yep, All Irelands are won in Challenge matches! Sure the Dubs likely had their U-21s out!

yes I know I know I KNOW!!!

it just sounds nice. Is that ok?

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Cork 2-22 Dublin 0-6 in football looks like were doomed at all levels.. FAO Dubs Icon_sad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Yeah - god I hate losing challenge matches - it never leaves you. 28 years later you are having a sneaky smoke after hours in a bar in Burtonport (cos your car has run out of petrol) - and some Donegal loon cops your accent after you ask for '3 pints of Bud, bud and 20 Johnny Blue' - he staggers up and says .....'Aye aye aye bairn - you noooo I was at a game in Doublin wance... me cousin John Joe Doherty waz plain .. scored tae-wan (2-1) shirley so he did - against yis lads in a challenge and we whopped yis so we did aye .... Challenge matches ... never forgotten ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 11, 2010 7:25 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yeah - god I hate losing challenge matches - it never leaves you. 28 years later you are having a sneaky smoke after hours in a bar in Burtonport (cos your car has run out of petrol) - and some Donegal loon cops your accent after you ask for '3 pints of Bud, bud and 20 Johnny Blue' - he staggers up and says .....'Aye aye aye bairn - you noooo I was at a game in Doublin wance... me cousin John Joe Doherty waz plain .. scored tae-wan (2-1) shirley so he did - against yis lads in a challenge and we whopped yis so we did aye .... Challenge matches ... never forgotten ...

refer to above post. Rolling Eyes
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Ok ok Sami - it just sounds nice.....

Dublin 1-21 Tipperary 1-12 - NHL Dvision 1 - a real competitive game with two points at stake.

It just sounds nice ... thats all ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Ok ok Sami - it just sounds nice.....

Dublin 1-21 Tipperary 1-12 - NHL Dvision 1 - a real competitive game with two points at stake.

It just sounds nice ... thats all ...

does have quite a ring to it doesn't it Very Happy
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Wed May 12, 2010 10:56 pm

How's the form lads, fair ould result all the same teams were pretty much full strenght, but I'm not sure about the excuse the dubs were using about championship games at the weekend. Althought there was not a full round of tipp championship games at the weekend there were a few.

They were just out played same as we were in parnell park championship form is a different animal and going by this dublin need to step it up.

Word of note keep an eye out for a new player on the tipp team in the championship Brain O'meara called up after the league from the u21's scored 1-2 and was one of the main men in attack in the game.... looks like a good option at full or center forward.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 pm

hag and cheese wrote:How's the form lads, fair ould result all the same teams were pretty much full strenght, but I'm not sure about the excuse the dubs were using about championship games at the weekend. Althought there was not a full round of tipp championship games at the weekend there were a few.

They were just out played same as we were in parnell park championship form is a different animal and going by this dublin need to step it up.

Word of note keep an eye out for a new player on the tipp team in the championship Brain O'meara called up after the league from the u21's scored 1-2 and was one of the main men in attack in the game.... looks like a good option at full or center forward.

Hag league form could be looked on better than a challenge match....But saying that no Dublin fans are expecting to much this year a good run in the qualifiers would be a big bonus for Dublin hurling..

Its much harder to make the break through in hurling because its played to a higher standard.. FAO Dubs Icon_sad
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Wed May 12, 2010 11:18 pm

I disagree mullins, i think expectations in dublin hurling are growing this year.... in fairness they should have beaten Limerick in the quarters last year and i wouldn't be surprised if they made the semi's this year depending on if they get the teams like they got last year..... Still think the like of galway, kilkenny, tipp, cork and waterford are still a level above them.
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed May 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Hag its much harder to beat a hurling county thats why we didn't beat Limerick..We fell over the line v Wexford last year..

Hag at the start of this year i said Dublin main aim for the year was to stay in Div1 and win a couple of games in the championship that hasn't changed there is no pressure on this Dublin team....

Hag i would have Offaly Wexford and Clare above us with the 5 you mentioned....

Untill we beat teams constantly i believe they are still above us in the rankings..

Beating Wexford once in 20 years doesn't make us contenders for the last 4
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu May 13, 2010 7:26 am

I would not put Clare or Wexford above Dublin. Maybe on par at very best.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu May 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Leinster ratings (personal view)
1. Kilkenny by a long long long long long way
2. Galway as hot and cold as you like, will hammer those below them but when the chips are down will cave like a house of cards in the wind
3. Dublin Deserve the best of the rest top spot, but need to keep improving to stay there but are still on average 10 points behind Galway
4. Offaly, are improving and will give the Dubs a good run for that 3rd spot
5. Wexford we have closed the gap but Galway should see us off with at least 10-15 points to spare if not write off there season.
-7 Carlow Again the gap between 3rs and 8th is not that big as Carlow will prove over the next few years.
-7 Laois as above
8 Antrim just for Pat to digest, but I do think all the others are ahead of them
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down