GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which sport?

+4
clash-of-da-ash
OMAR
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Go down

Which sport? Empty Which sport?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 04, 2010 5:53 pm

I saw a picture of this trophy today. Anyone know what it is and in what sport you play for it?

Which sport? Sam-maguire
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Which sport? Empty Re: Which sport?

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Croquet!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I saw a picture of this trophy today. Anyone know what it is and in what sport you play for it?

Which sport? Sam-maguire

Is it the new Anglo Celt cup that they introduced in 1990
I know that the winners of the Ulster Championship are often pictured with the above.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue May 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Handball I think they call it these days.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  KerryKatriona Thu May 06, 2010 12:25 pm

That is called the Sam Maguire Cup. It normally resides in the Kingdom but the odd year it may go to another county for a holiday. It has been in every town, village, house, farm and club in Kerry. It is an oddity to be a Kerry person and NOT have had your picture taken with it. In keeping with unpublished and secret terms of the Good Friday Agreement where the Kerry GAA Board signed a clause allowing the cup to go north now and then, Armagh and Tyrone have won it in recent years. It has rankled Kerry folk to allow this to happen but we see the bigger picture.
KerryKatriona
KerryKatriona
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Kerry
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Thu May 06, 2010 12:48 pm

KerryKatriona wrote:That is called the Sam Maguire Cup. It normally resides in the Kingdom but the odd year it may go to another county for a holiday. It has been in every town, village, house, farm and club in Kerry. It is an oddity to be a Kerry person and NOT have had your picture taken with it. In keeping with unpublished and secret terms of the Good Friday Agreement where the Kerry GAA Board signed a clause allowing the cup to go north now and then, Armagh and Tyrone have won it in recent years. It has rankled Kerry folk to allow this to happen but we see the bigger picture.

It is fondly known in the Kingdom as 'The Cannister'. Even saw a cow(four legged) drinking from it. Jayo we even brought one night in recent years to a hostelry in Rathmines for all to see. There were floods of tears as the Dublin,Mayo and Cavan fans present touched it. The Cavan proprietor even filled it with lemonade after much persuasion.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Thu May 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I saw a picture of this trophy today. Anyone know what it is and in what sport you play for it?

Which sport? Sam-maguire

Wait a wee minute here, Im not understanding this joke? Gone explain it Surprised
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 8:07 pm

The North Westmeath U12 'B' badminton trophy proudly sponsored by Foster and Allen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu May 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Sebastian wrote:The North Westmeath U12 'B' badminton trophy proudly sponsored by Foster and Allen.

Christ, those pair aren't alive still are they????? Which sport? Icon_eek
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Sebastian wrote:The North Westmeath U12 'B' badminton trophy proudly sponsored by Foster and Allen.

Christ, those pair aren't alive still are they????? Which sport? Icon_eek

One of them is anyway, almost ran over me coming out of Parnell park a few week ago, Ignorant fooker. Which sport? Icon_mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri May 07, 2010 12:17 am

Sebastian wrote:One of them is anyway, almost ran over me coming out of Parnell park a few week ago, Ignorant fooker. Which sport? Icon_mad

Jaysus they weren't playing centrefield in Parnell Park were they ... mind you they would have done better than the last two Westmeathies to play in midfield there (in the 2009 league!) Which sport? Icon_lol

Incidentally I saw a doc on the Swarbriggs on TV recently - think they are Mullingar based??? Foster & Allen, Swarbriggs. Joe Dolan ... Westmeath have a lot to answer for.

Gimme U2, Aslan, Boomtown Rats, Lookalikes anyday! Which sport? Icon_cool
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 1:33 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Sebastian wrote:One of them is anyway, almost ran over me coming out of Parnell park a few week ago, Ignorant fooker. Which sport? Icon_mad

Jaysus they weren't playing centrefield in Parnell Park were they ... mind you they would have done better than the last two Westmeathies to play in midfield there (in the 2009 league!) Which sport? Icon_lol

Incidentally I saw a doc on the Swarbriggs on TV recently - think they are Mullingar based??? Foster & Allen, Swarbriggs. Joe Dolan ... Westmeath have a lot to answer for.

Gimme U2, Aslan, Boomtown Rats, Lookalikes anyday! Which sport? Icon_cool

Ah, you're also forgetting luminaries such as The Blizzards and Donna and Joe McCaul.Which sport? Icon_razz

Yup, Swabbriggs live in Mullingar, Paddy owns a well stocked shoe shop on Oliver Plunkett St.

It's rather odd how one county can provide such a high amount of crap music for such a small place.

BUT

We did produce Count John McCormack, once the most famous tenor in the world. Which sport? Icon_cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down