GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ten greatest sporting memories

+12
whiterbananas
Thomas Clarke
bald eagle
Boxtyeater
Real Kerry Fan
mugsys_barber
Bermuda_Bomber
up.the.oak.trees
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
Swinford2009
mossbags
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ten greatest sporting memories - Page 3 Empty Re: ten greatest sporting memories

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:33 pm

mullins wrote:1

6 Stuggart 88

7 Genoa 90

8 New york 94

Soccerball is not a sport, it's a commercial enterprise.....Fill in three more.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

ten greatest sporting memories - Page 3 Empty Re: ten greatest sporting memories

Post  mullins Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:1

6 Stuggart 88

7 Genoa 90

8 New york 94

Soccerball is not a sport, it's a commercial enterprise.....Fill in three more.

I agree boxty- put they were special times for the Irish people and Mullins before it became a commericial enterprise
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:06 pm

mullins wrote:
Good day to be on the hill bald eagle standing ovation from the Dublin fans

Was at the Semi-final too, on the hill as well, the recpetion from the Dublin fans after the game will stay with me for a long long time. Wonderful fans who were brilliant throughout the whole game, great craic and very good losers after the game.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:30 pm

i'm not going to list 10 but 3 in particular stick out

1) Roy Keane's performance against Juve in CL semi final in 99 - one of the best individual performances i have seen

2) Conor Gormley's block in the All Ireland Final versus Armagh in 2003

3) my own club winning our first (and only) Tyrone senior championship title in 2003 - proud day and especially so in the year Tyrone won first All Ireland.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:32 pm

bocerty wrote:1) Roy Keane's performance against Juve in CL semi final in 99 - one of the best individual performances i have seen

Can't have been that great sure he didn't even get a start in the Final .... ten greatest sporting memories - Page 3 Icon_basketball
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote:1) Roy Keane's performance against Juve in CL semi final in 99 - one of the best individual performances i have seen

Can't have been that great sure he didn't even get a start in the Final .... ten greatest sporting memories - Page 3 Icon_basketball

No No No No No No No No No No No No
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Only messing - at least he didn't go blubbering when he got yellow - instead rolled up his sleeves and got his team mates to the final. My three bros were there (one Utd, one Chelsea, one Fulham) all were overawed by the performance - occasion.

ps Looks like John Terry will be lifting two cups with his team mates next month as distinct from lifting two cups of his team mate's ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:49 pm

ten greatest sporting memories - Page 3 Lol
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Only messing - at least he didn't go blubbering when he got yellow - instead rolled up his sleeves and got his team mates to the final. My three bros were there (one Utd, one Chelsea, one Fulham) all were overawed by the performance - occasion.

ps Looks like John Terry will be lifting two cups with his team mates next month as distinct from lifting two cups of his team mate's ......
ten greatest sporting memories - Page 3 Lol
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:02 am

Though im sure JT would agree that Wembley just is'nt the same without the symbolic twin towers.
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:04 am

OMAR wrote:Though im sure JT would agree that Wembley just is'nt the same without the symbolic twin towers.

I'm sure he'll cross that bridge when he comes to it .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3