GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meath -vs- Derry

4 posters

Go down

Meath -vs- Derry Empty Meath -vs- Derry

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Crucial hurling match this Saturday in Navan.

I hope both teams win.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Meath -vs- Derry Empty Re: Meath -vs- Derry

Post  up.the.oak.trees Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Aww dear it must be DEADLY hard for you loyal. Go for the better team (the one whos higher on the league table)

May I ask how you started liking DERRY? is it because of Niamh? Meath -vs- Derry Icon_smile
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Crucial hurling match this Saturday in Navan.

I hope both teams win.

I hope both teams lose.

Sorry Orlaith Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Ehhh Why?
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 pm

I remember when Meath had Patterson and Derry had the best centre forward in the game in Ollie Collins.

If Derry had not been distracted by football in the 1990s and let all those wonderful hurlers, Downeys, McKeever, McGilligan, and the McGurks get away, where would they be now?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:24 pm

patrique wrote:I remember when Meath had Patterson and Derry had the best centre forward in the game in Ollie Collins.

If Derry had not been distracted by football in the 1990s and let all those wonderful hurlers, Downeys, McKeever, McGilligan, and the McGurks get away, where would they be now?

Potterton.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Derry 2-15

Meath 1-17

No shame in going down to Derry.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Aww well done Meath
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 am

Brilliant result for Derry, Meath are never easy to beat at that level. That's us in the final now so things are looking up for us this year!

Pat, Ollie Collins has to be rated as one of, if not the, best hurler never to win an All Star, had he been from one of the powerhouse counties he would have been lauded as one of the greatest!! As for our hurlers of the 90's, all you had to do was watch some of the Lavey/Dungiven games to see the quality of the men you mentioned. They were all brilliant, especially when they didn't have time time to train with their respective hurling teams due to their footballing commitments, well except McGilligian as he was always hurling first, football second!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:46 pm

I feel while proud of our hurlers, Maith thu Smile
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:15 pm

bald eagle wrote:Brilliant result for Derry, Meath are never easy to beat at that level. That's us in the final now so things are looking up for us this year!

Pat, Ollie Collins has to be rated as one of, if not the, best hurler never to win an All Star, had he been from one of the powerhouse counties he would have been lauded as one of the greatest!! As for our hurlers of the 90's, all you had to do was watch some of the Lavey/Dungiven games to see the quality of the men you mentioned. They were all brilliant, especially when they didn't have time time to train with their respective hurling teams due to their footballing commitments, well except McGilligian as he was always hurling first, football second!

Lavey should have won Ulster in 1989 when they threw it away against Rossa, and could have won a few against Dunloy in the 1990s, especially the day the Dunloy hordes invaded the pitch.

Wonderful side.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:09 pm

patrique wrote:
Lavey should have won Ulster in 1989 when they threw it away against Rossa, and could have won a few against Dunloy in the 1990s, especially the day the Dunloy hordes invaded the pitch.

Wonderful side.

I agree with you that they should have won at least 1 Ulster Club in the 90s, they were that good and deserved to win an Ulster Crown. The unfortunate thing for them was when Dunloy were beat in Antrim, Lavey would lose in Derry to Dungiven or Slaughtneil who just couldn't find it in them to beat any Antrim club they played against.

The most horrible bunch to play against i must say, the amount of personal insults i had to put up with from some of their more respected players was borderline disgraceful. Not just the usual rubbish players spout but real nasty personal stuff. It only got to me once when i former Derry footballer fromthe club mocked my fathers Cancer at the time so i leveled him and gave him a right pasting, thankfully the ref heard what he said and lined him, i never even got booked to my amazement!!!

All the nastiness aside, they done what they had to do to win, a terrific side but the Dingiven side of the 00's were twice the team.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:17 pm

bald eagle wrote:
The most horrible bunch to play against i must say, the amount of personal insults i had to put up with from some of their more respected players was borderline disgraceful. Not just the usual rubbish players spout but real nasty personal stuff. It only got to me once when i former Derry footballer fromthe club mocked my fathers Cancer at the time so i leveled him and gave him a right pasting, thankfully the ref heard what he said and lined him, i never even got booked to my amazement!!!

How anybody could be so twisted as to say that, is unbelievable. Disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down