GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Certainly not Messi ...

+10
patrique
Loyal2TheRoyal
RMDrive
SamiPremier08
mossbags
clash-of-da-ash
The Puke
Real Kerry Fan
mid-mon man
Jayo Cluxton
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Certainly not Messi  ... - Page 3 Empty Re: Certainly not Messi ...

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Not knocking meself TC and agree totally that Englsih clubs deserve to be where they are this year -OUT! I enjoyed Barca and Inter the other night and look forward to the return leg. I like good open football but last night was poor IMO - not my type of stuff - but thats not taking away from any of the teams left in the last 4 as I said before - they deserve to be there.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:04 pm

not sure about Bayern deserving to beat United TC, if United had kept the full compliment on the field for the entire 90 minutes god only knows what the score would have been especially had Rooney been fit for the game.

Bayern have 2 centre halfs who wouldnt get a game in the Irish league!!!

Like i said before i have lsot alot of interest in soccer and even more so today when i hear Bayern are pulling the strings to make sure Ribery doesnt miss the final - no doubt the sponsors of the Cl will be exerting their influence as well because they know he is an asset to them in terms of potential revenue etc last year they refused to over turn Fletcher's harsh red card because they knew his non appearance wasnt going to make a blind bit of difference.

the whole thing stinks to the high heavens with corruption
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:39 pm

bocerty wrote: Bayern have 2 centre halfs who wouldnt get a game in the Irish league!!!

And Park Ji-Sung or Michael Carrick would?

I know what you are saying about them not being good Boc, and they are a shadow of some of the Bayern sides of the past, but they beat United fair and square. The game may have been different if Rafael hadn't been sent off, but he was, and justly so. And as for Rooney being unfit, well that was my point about this being the worst Utd side in 20 years - they are totally reliant on one player, to the extent that Ferguson had to risk him when he could hardly move.

As for Ribery, I'd say playing in the the CL final (if they make it) is the least of his worries just now.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Ribery? against United he impersonated the young full back Raphael, kicked someone (a red card offence) and got Raphael blamed for it. Lucky it was only only a yellow (wrongly) as I clearly saw that it was Ribery who kicked his own m,an and got Raphael blamed.

A bit like the time Ronaldo stamped on Calvalho's nether regions and got Rooney sent off.

However, in the second half Ribery super glued his jersey to Raphael without anyone noticing and it appeared that Raphael was pulling him back, a yellow card offence. So poor blame less raphael was sent off, as that germandevil ibery from France conned everyone.

And so bayern, who were thumped home and away by Bordeaux, and beaten by Fiortina who WERE robbed by dodgy decisions, marched on into the semi.

Here they face Lyon, who beat Bordeaux, Real Madrid and liverpool to get this far.

The other semi has Europes current big two in opposition.

The big loser is England. With all the money they were "dominating" the cL without actually winning too many, two in ten years, the same as Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

This year however, would any of them be in the top 8? maybe Chelsea, but I don't know.

Man United? "There's only one Man United" indeed, and that man is Rooney. It took Fergie one game too many to realise that not only was Rooney doing all the scoring, he was also doing all the running. Good teams should be able to cope without the loss of one player.

Once again, money talks, and on a more level playing field, well all the top managers are abroad, bar Wenger.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:20 am

Must say Thomas Clarke is spot on here.

The most impressive display in Europe this year was inter at Stamford Bridge where they appeared to be in total control and did pass Chelsea off the park.

Chelsea, hit the woodwork and a John Terry slip in 2008, robbed last year, could well have been going for a 3 in a row and Inter murdered them.Mind you look at Inter's team, Chivu coming on as a sub? The man would have been a sensation in England as he can actually tackle.

Barcelona have been good again but miss Iniesta, but the return game between these two could be the best game for some time.

Unless United and Chelsea invest heavily, they will slip further, and perhaps it is time England looked to the Europa Cup/league.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Apart from Man city who can't get in the players there isn't alot a money floating around the EPL. Inter, Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona have all spent more over the last 2 years than the English clubs apart from City.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3